Page 55 of 191 FirstFirst ... 53045525354555657586580105155 ... LastLast

• "Bread-Making Viking"

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Well, I was going to go see Iron Man 2 today with my family, but tickets were sold out for the times we wanted...so we ended up seeing How to Train Your Dragon in 3D again. Only real surprise was how packed the theater was for a film that has been out for six weeks now. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.

"A boy and his dragon, a bond that can never be broken"

Probably the most HTTYD obsessed person here. =3

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith: Since we had this in our house, I popped it in and watched it. Reflecting on it, while it was a sad story (IMO, of course) I still feel as though George Lucas only made these prequels just because he was bored and needed money. With that said, I think this is the best of the prequels.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    [B]THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE -- Continuing on my viewing of the Disney animated films from the 80s in chronological order, and fresh off the heals of Fox and the Hound and The Black Cauldron, this was an absolute delight. Great art, fun story and a fantastic criminal mind! Ratigan is so fun. I would love to see these characters roaming the parks.
    I know it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but it's killing me that this wasn't released in Blu-ray also with the latest DVD release. It's been years since I last saw this and I'm not much for renting movies anymore (for which I have no rational reason, but there you are), so I dunno when I'll get to see this again. I remember loving it when I saw in theatres.

• Animation Domination

Iron Man 2- The acting wasn't as good as the first Iron Man movie. Iron Man 2 did have more and better action scenes than the first movie. Overall the movie was still good and entertaining to watch.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Metropolis- intresting anime film. a few portions of the film are a little freaky

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Iron Man 2- The acting wasn't as good as the first Iron Man movie. Iron Man 2 did have more and better action scenes than the first movie. Overall the movie was still good and entertaining to watch.

Acting? I thought it was solid all the way around. Basically... the acting was the SAME as the first. I'm confused about that statement.

The only person that was slightly not great was Scarlett Johanssen in some areas.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Animation Domination

Acting? I thought it was solid all the way around. Basically... the acting was the SAME as the first. I'm confused about that statement.

The only person that was slightly not great was Scarlett Johanssen in some areas.
    Robert Downey Jr. acting wasn't as solid as in the first Iron Man movie. Maybe it's only me but when Tony Stark was an alcoholic he acted like a total jerk. He didn't act like a real alcoholic and try to cover up his problem. To me Robert Downey Jr. alcoholic acting just didn't seem real to me.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Robert Downey Jr. acting wasn't as solid as in the first Iron Man movie. Maybe it's only me but when Tony Stark was an alcoholic he acted like a total jerk. To me Robert Downey Jr. alcoholic acting just didn't seem real to me.

I don't know if you know this but people act very differently when they're drunk.

• Infinitized!

I don't know if you know this but people act very differently when they're drunk.
    Ya I actually speak when I'm drunk.

• Animation Domination

Yeah, I know that. The point is the Tony didn't use his Iron Man suit as a weapon to destory things when he was an alcoholic. The only thing I trying to say is that Robert Downey Jr. acting wasn't the best in Iron Man 2.
    Even Bad Blake from Crazy Hearts was a more real character that was dealing being an alcoholic.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - On Int'l Star Wars Day last week, I played Star Wars music at work. That led me to play some Indiana Jones music the next day. And listening to that led me to pull out this flick to watch over the weekend, the flick I've seen the least. Watching it, I realized it's goofiness and the goofiness in Crystal Skull are that different. Maybe, similar to the Star Trek films, the better Indy films are the odd numbered one. All the more reason to hope for Indiana Jones 5!!!

Back to the Batcave: The MisAdventures of Adam and Burt - I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I had a whim to see this turkey again. Unlike the reunion movie before this, Surviving Gilligan's Island, this one avoided charm and good sense and instead embraced the camp of the original TV series. I hated it when it first aired on TV, but once a Batman fan always a Batman fan. So I bought the eventual DVD. Knowing it's bad made watching it again less painful.

Oliver and Company - Wow! It has probably been decades since I last saw this movie. Probably back before I became a cat owner, because now all of the Oliver scenes really got to me, especially in the opening scene when he was left all alone in the rain and then again when he was finally adopted midway through the film (choke, sniffle, sniffle) LOL! All around great, family film.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    [B]

Oliver and Company - Wow! It has probably been decades since I last saw this movie. Probably back before I became a cat owner, because now all of the Oliver scenes really got to me, especially in the opening scene when he was left all alone in the rain and then again when he was finally adopted midway through the film (choke, sniffle, sniffle) LOL! All around great, family film.

Stop copying me! I watched OLIVER & COMPANY too!

I haven't watched this in ages. Maybe as long as you have. I remember never really liking it and how the songs all came out of nowhere and didn't feel like it belonged in one single movie (I owned the soundtrack prior to seeing the movie... and yes, i bought the soundtrack from pic n save). Watching it again, it wasn't all that bad. I laughed twice, which isn't bad. Definitely a bit too 80s but watchable the whole way through.

Although... I still have issues regarding the story. Sykes isn't really bad because Fagin's the one that owes him money! Etc etc. Oh well.

• Animation Domination

Stop copying me! I watched OLIVER & COMPANY too!

I haven't watched this in ages. Maybe as long as you have. I remember never really liking it and how the songs all came out of nowhere and didn't feel like it belonged in one single movie (I owned the soundtrack prior to seeing the movie... and yes, i bought the soundtrack from pic n save). Watching it again, it wasn't all that bad. I laughed twice, which isn't bad. Definitely a bit too 80s but watchable the whole way through.

Although... I still have issues regarding the story. Sykes isn't really bad because Fagin's the one that owes him money! Etc etc. Oh well.
    Oliver and Company- I just watched this movie a couple of days ago. The last time I have seen it was in the late 90's. One of the first Disney animated films in the 80's to have a musical touch to them. If it wasn't for Oliver and Company success it could be possible that The Little Mermaid would not be made.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 05-10-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Minion

Babies!

Yeah I have no idea why that movie was made. Babies were so darn adorable but it wasnt my cup of tea!

• sleepy lagoon

Oceans... it was interesting, but I think I expected more. I wish they showed more of the creatures of the deep sea, but other than that, it was okay.
    Now I have to go rescue me some baby sea turtles!! They are adorable...