Page 57 of 190 FirstFirst ... 73247545556575859606782107157 ... LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK -- Happy 30th anniversary! In the theater watching was: Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew (chewbacca), Jon Favreau, Ewan McGregor, and pretty much everyone from The Clone Wars.
    Billy Dee? Awesome! Was he drinkin' Colt 45?

• keh!

The Big Lebowski, awesome awesome flick.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

EXTRACT - Mike Judge's latest film is more annoying and awkward than funny. There were some chuckles but overall not as many as Office Space or Idiocracy.

FUNNY PEOPLE - I really enjoyed this. I know a lot of people griped that it wasn't funny but I laughed quite a bit. And Sandler's character actually resonated with me... about making the wrong choices, etc. A lot of great life lessons can be found in this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

On DVD I watched:
    Blade Runner: The Theatrical Cut - I've got the 4-disc DVD set and haven't watched this one yet. Interesting with Harrison's voiceover. I think I'll watch the Final Cut sometime later next week so I can compare the two versions.

Follwing Blade Runner I watched:
    Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner - an interesting documentary, a bit long at over 3.5 hours but interesting nontheless. Lots of deleted scenes included in it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    FUNNY PEOPLE - I really enjoyed this. I know a lot of people griped that it wasn't funny but I laughed quite a bit. And Sandler's character actually resonated with me... about making the wrong choices, etc. A lot of great life lessons can be found in this.
    We saw this in the theatre and both really enjoyed it pretty much for the reasons you stated.

• Banned User

Shrek 4. Not bad at all, although it did seem rather dated. I have to say that the theater I saw it in was pretty empty, and that was on a Friday night. So I'm not surprised that it didn't open all that well:

'Shrek Forever After' opens at No. 1

• Disneyland PAP

Finally popped in a couple from my "pile of movies I've bought and let gather dust before finally seeing" pile.

The African Queen - First time for me, and another flick I get to check off the AFI 100 Movies list (only 55 more for me to go). Looks beautiful on Blu-ray. Didn't know a thing about the story, didn't know whether it was a drama or a comedy or a romance. Found out it was a bit of all three. And enjoyed it. There's something about classic cinema that, when done well, is charming and riveting even tho' when you think about it can be very silly and unrealistic. This wasn't as wholly entertaining as when I recently saw GWTW for the first time, but I was pulled in every time Hepburn and Bogart were sparring. And the ending, like pretty much the entire story, was not what I was expecting. I also enjoyed the hour-long making of bonus feature included on the disc.

The Tingler - Couldn't resist picking this up at Borders a few months ago with its $6 price tag. I remember seeing this as a kid but only remembering the moment in the lab when the "Tingler" is finally revealed. Watching it today after probably 30 years since last seeing it, it was fascinating watching Vincent Price sell every bit of his unbelievable dialogue with absolute sincerity and truth. What an amazing actor! It was fun remembering most of the first half and then being surprised that the second half of the movie was all new to me. I guess my little brain had just stopped at the Tingler's reveal scene LOL! Not a great movie, but good enough.

Got one more in tonight!

V for Vendetta - I'd seen this twice before, the first time in theatres, the second on DVD. This was first time seeing my Blu-ray Disc of it. I didn't really notice any great enhancement seeing this in HD. But the film most definitely has outstanding stuff to talk about and there's a LOT of monologues and dialogue in this rich, provocative film. I really need to see this film more often. Also, Natalie Portman is beautiful, bald or otherwise.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 05-22-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Also watched "V"

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Iron Man 2- Got to see this last night finally. I'll try to make this review as honest as I can.

They did a good job with the action sequences. With that said, if there was anything I didn't like was that I felt that Nick Fury and Scarlett Johannson's character were not really necessary. To me, they were simply just setting up for the Avengers movie. They should have left that out.

Robert Downey Jr. did a good job with his role, and I think he made a great impression on what someone who is drunk would be. I don't really know what to think of Don Cheadle as Rhodes. I do wish they would have had more conflict with him and Rhodes, and maybe dive a little deeper into his problems (besides the fatherly issues).

Maybe its just me, but I've been spoiled by character-driven superhero movies that are fantastic (The Dark Knight, Spider-Man) that I felt overall there was more action and not as much character.

• Animation Domination

Shrek Forever After- Just watched it in 3-D IMAX. Shrek the fourth was way better than the third movie. Overall it was mainly a "What if" movie...and everything goes back the way it was. Overall it was enjoyable and funny at moments. Hopefully this movie will be the last Shrek movie.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Goofy

shrek 4. and it was very fun and very enjoyable and better than the third. the villain kinda sucked though. well, only in my opinion.

• Circle of Ancients

Fantastic Mr. Fox

REALLY wanted to like it ... REALLY did not.

Still visually stunning on Blu Ray, but unfortunately it really is a movie that is meant for the big screen.

• Minion

I haven't been to the movies since 2003, when I had a free ticket to see the preview of "The Haunted Mansion" a week or two before it came out. Good thing it was free...

• Circle of Ancients

Pete's Dragon-This is a corny Disney musical movie and it really doesn't have the Mary Poppins charisma but I do love the story line. It makes a point and captures my emotion.

• Minion

Just Wright & Robin Hood

• Disneyland PAP

Hulk - Funny, I must have a love-hate relationship with this movie. I loved it in theatres. Hated it on DVD. Now I love it again seeing it on Blu-ray. Also, I couldn't help comparing it to Superman Returns; both films tried to be deeper with the material and suffer for it, SR more so. I need to watch The Incredible Hulk soon so I can see what comparisons I can draw, beside the fact that the latter film is better.