Page 58 of 194 FirstFirst ... 83348555657585960616883108158 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Hulk - Funny, I must have a love-hate relationship with this movie. I loved it in theatres. Hated it on DVD. Now I love it again seeing it on Blu-ray. Also, I couldn't help comparing it to Superman Returns; both films tried to be deeper with the material and suffer for it, SR more so. I need to watch The Incredible Hulk soon so I can see what comparisons I can draw, beside the fact that the latter film is better.

I prefer Ang Lee's Hulk to be honest. Yes, it got really crazy at the end but how they handled the character was really really well done. Pacing also a bit slow but I was more impressed with it than the latter "turn my brain off" Incredible Hulk.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

I like the Ang Lee one for what it is, but also did like the 2nd one.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I prefer Ang Lee's Hulk to be honest. Yes, it got really crazy at the end but how they handled the character was really really well done. Pacing also a bit slow but I was more impressed with it than the latter "turn my brain off" Incredible Hulk.
    The Incredible Hulk - Well I just finished watching this, and I'm surprised to find this didn't hold up as well against my recent viewing of Ang Lee's Hulk as I expected! You're right, the characters are presented much better in the first film, and the pacing is a huge knock against the first film. But there were moments in the latter film that kinda bored me too because they were "comic book-y" for lack of a better term. They just moved the story along, introduced something, but didn't have quite the passion or hold that it could have. I loved the love story in the Norton film, but also now see his Betty had her brains quotient basically written out of the story. Meanwhile, we got to see Connelly's character be a scientist. But I have to admit the fight at the end of Norton's Hulk was awesome! Hulk saying those classic lines and also saving General Ross and Betty from the fire were well-handled moments comic fans have always wanted to see. So the end was the best part of the second film. That and the way Hulk was drawn and animated. In Ang's film I really noticed how florescent green his color was! If I were to choose a favorite, it'd still pick this one, but by a much slimmer margin than I thought, mostly for the pacing, the effects and the fight at the end. In fact, I'm starting to think they're kinda equal, kinda apples to oranges in a way.

I saw Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief today. I'd give it an A. It was fantastic; maybe the fact that I'm Greek has something to do with it...who knows?

I also recently saw Chloe, Kick-***, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and enjoyed them all.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

The Goonies

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME -- YAWWNN. Not horrible but absolutely nothing worth tuning in for.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Animation Domination

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time- Wasn't good or wasn't that bad...but all together you should just skip it or rent it on DVD.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME -- YAWWNN. Not horrible but absolutely nothing worth tuning in for.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time- Wasn't good or wasn't that bad...but all together you should just skip it or rent it on DVD.
    Saw this yesterday, and while I liked it, I doubt I'll remember it tomorrow. I'd rather play the games...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disneyland PAP

L.A. Confidential - Interesting crime drama. Seen it before, liked it better the first time.

• User

Finally got around to watching The Castle of Cagliostro. I'm a Miyazaki fan, and this was the only film that he's directed that I hadn't seen. Even though I wasn't familiar with the characters and series I thought it was pretty good, and it stood on it's own. ...One of the other reasons I wanted to see it was because the film had been edited in the early 80s into a laser disc arcade game, Cliff Hanger. I got the chance to play it a little over a month ago, and goodness, was it fun.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Just finished watching Saving Private Ryan for the first time in a long time. I forget how emotionally draining that movie can be. I absolutely love it though.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

• secure all cargo

Finally got to Iron Man 2 last week. Not quite as good as the first, but I still liked it a lot. My biggest puzzlement was how underutilized was the Black Widow character as I felt they didn't really develop her relationship with either Tony Stark or Pepper Potts. That was disappointing, especially as I usually enjoy Scarlett Johansson's roles. It also did not feel there was as much heart to this film as the first. But aside from all that, Mickey Rourke is awesome, a lot of the screwball banter that made the first film so much fun is still there, and I bought the transition from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle when I wasn't sure I would. Oh yeah, I loved all the Walt Disney/ Epcot/ World's Fair references.

As a side note, I do hope they don't make the third film into something darker. This second film gave us the uglier effects of Tony Stark's personality when really put to the grindstone, and there's rumors part 3 will get into his alcoholism story-line from the comics. I admit the first film was a breath of fresh air for me in that it proved you could have a superhero film be lighter in tone than more recent fare and yet still be intelligent. Not that I haven't enjoyed darker themes of other movies, but a lot of the "popcorn" is getting lost. Sometimes I just want something to be fun. Again, not talking about mindless, but just lighter.

• Disneyland PAP

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - I was worried about whether I'd enjoy this movie. I've been reading comments and reviews, and it seems to be you either Hate It or you Love It. I just watched it and I found myself immediately falling into the Love It camp! I thought it was funny, charming, visually brilliant and one of the most unconfusing storylines Burton's every followed.

• Circle of Ancients

Watched all of the Star Wars movies over the weekend:

Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Don't hate it as much as most, don't love it as much as some. In the grand scheme of things, even though it's better than Episode II, it's really a throw-away episode and really does nothing except to introduce characters we already know.

Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    The worst of the Star Wars movies (IMO). That being said, this REALLY should have been Episode I as they re-cap The Phantom Menace in about 5 seconds.

Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Certainly the best of the "prequel" movies but still doesn't come close to any of the original movies. The ending battle between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan is worth the price of admission alone. Where this movie missed the ball was that we only got to see about 10 minutes of "The Clone Wars" (which we had heard about since 1977). This should have been Episode II and Episode III should have been more about the rise of the Empire and the continued fall of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader.

Episode IV - A New Hope
    Still a classic movie and the one that started it all. The only thing I hate about these is all of the "Special Edition" stuff. Some of it doesn't bother me much (Han running into the army on the Death Star) some bothers me a LOT (Luke, Obi-Wan's entrance to Mos Eisley ... WAY too much computer generated stuff) and of course "Han Shot First".

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    Still the best of the entire series, bar none. And is it any wonder that this has the least amount of "Special Edition" changes? And the changes it does have (Additional views of Bespin) are actually ok with me.

Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi
    This one suffers almost as bad from "Special Edition-itis" as Episode IV. The story is still there. The amazing final battle is still there. But the extra song on Jabba's palace and the ending showing all of the different planets just doesn't fit. You can tell it was done 20 years later.

Still, one of the great movie series of all time, I just REALLY hope we get the original trilogy without any "Special Edition" stuff when it comes out on Blu Ray and that SOMEBODY will re-do the "Prequel" trilogy story the right way when George Lucas dies.

• Gold Prospector

Sex in the City 2. What a bomb that was, I want the 2 and a half hours of my life back!!!
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!