Page 61 of 191 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111161 ... LastLast

• Pongo is my hero.

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Alice in Wonderland: Liked it better after a rewatch. The visuals are amazing, and the things that I didn't like about the movie were outweighed by the new things I found quite nice.

Godfather and Scarface: I've come to the conclusion that gang movies are just not my thing. You've seen one, you've seen em all. But at least now I actually know the references.

one hundred and one

• I'm not really here

Went and saw RUSH: Beyond the Lighted Stage last night. Epic documentary about possibly the greatest rock band in all of history. Extremely limited theater run... as in only 3 days here in Utah and in only one theater, so if you are a Rush fan or know one... gotta move fast, it won't be around long.

I was amazed at how many mainstream popular rock bands were heavily influenced by Rush.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MC State Comptroller

Just saw The A-team.

Liked it a lot for what it was. Don't go in expecting a great movie with plausibility, go in expecting a solid action film with some great moments and good comedy. A fun, light hearted guy film, although the wife enjoyed it! Stay through the end credits!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Infinitized!

At the theater:
    The A-Team: It was great over-the-top fun! Just like the TV show. unfortunately I didn't stay until the end credits so I don't know what was there. My only gripe was the Hawaii Mars (the big red & white four-engine flying boat) was in the movie for only two quick scenes. This is the plane that helped put out forest fires in southern Cali last year (the one that was stationed at Lake Elsinore). I grew up near their base at Sproat Lake and one of my parents' neighbors flew the plane for the movie. It was great to see it on screen but apparently there was more planned - it was supposed to get blown-up and it didn't - must be a cut scene. Fun seeing the sites around Vancouver and Howe Sound and around Aschroft and Cache Creek. Want to see it again. Hope there is a sequel.

• Disneyland PAP

Stagecoach and The Searchers - A friend and I enjoyed a John Ford/John Wayne double-feature on Blu-ray tonight. I never saw either before and I enjoyed them a lot. Interesting to watch Stagecoach, a black and white film, knowing it's regarded as a film that set the formula for westerns that we've enjoyed since it debuted in 1939 (same year at Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz). I did feel from time to time that certain scenes were ones I felt I saw on Gunsmoke. But no doubt about it, in John Wayne's first film with Ford, Wayne was a charmer! The second film was made almost twenty years later, and it's remarkable for making Wayne a convincing bigot! I was also looking forward to seeing the first captain of the Enterprise Jeffrey Hunter in a role other than Captain Pike, but alas, he didn't really impress me all that much. He was mostly there for comic relief and whining. But Wayne, and Vera Mills who whined too but much more believably, stood out well in the film, as did the great western scenery.

• Minion

*sigh* just finished watching 8 seconds, which is the story of Lane Frost, who was killed riding a bull at a Rodeo....very sad, especially at the end when they showed lots of real pics and footage

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
    for a mix of Action,Horror and sci fi.
    quite a intresting concept for a film

• Disneyland PAP

Apollo 13 - I'm a lot more caught up with the highs and lows of our nation's space program after watching the Discovery Channel's great documentary When We Left Earth and Al Reinert's film For All Mankind and its bonus features. So it amazed me that after all that, I was still caught up with the drama and anxiety unfolding in this film. Kudos to Ron Howard and also Al Reinert who co-wrote the screenplay.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Picked up a used copy of this blu-ray of the animated series' film debut on sale at a local store. Never saw it before and a half hour into it, I can see why it turned fans off. It's comforting to know while watching it that the first season turned out awesome! But it's a nice exercise to get all the details now behind some episodes backstory out of the way while waiting to watch finally season two when it comes out on Blu-ray later this year.

• Minion

watched two good ones yesterday. Tribute based on a Nora Roberts novel, and starring Brittany Murphy and Kramer Vs Kramer for the forst time ever...not as good as I was expecting, but I liked it

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Disneyland PAP

Saving Private Ryan - I've finally had time to get through my pile of unopened Blu-rays lately. Finished watching all of Band of Brothers over Memorial Day, which was a pretty intense series. I knew the first half hour would be intense too because I'd seen the movie in theatres before, but it was still really super intense watching it again! The middle part was alright (the excellent Band of Brothers material was better because it took more time with their stories), but the end got to me. Even tho' I knew what happens, it still got to me. Amazing movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - I needed something to cheer up next! So I chose a visit with Captain Jack and the rest of the gang and had a grand ol' time!

• Senior Minion

We've been trying to give the neighbor boys some "culture" instead of Star Wars and other R-rated movie they don't need to be watching that they like to watch at home. So we have them over 1 night a week for a movie.

1. Dumb and Dumber - sill exactly what the title says, but the 13 year old loved it.

2. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - one of the best 80's movies, but it was nothing to these kids, even the 13 year old had no idea who half the historical characters were or the jokes made in the movie. Sadness.
    But the 8 year old's favorite part, Naopleon's bowling fit when all he says is "s__t" in french a million times.

3. Buckaroo Banzai - ummm...yeah, still weird and not funny, but they love it.

4. Back To The Future - just started this one. I don't much remember it, honestly.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Hopeful Princess <3

Letters To Juliet--- It was so cute! Definitely a chick flick though hahah I loved every second of it, Amanda Seyfried is such a good actress too!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Just got home from Toy Story 3 and it was amazing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Unfair.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Just got home from Toy Story 3 and it was amazing!
    You...Wha...But....eh...How???

BTW I Watched AVATAR on BluRay, and it was epic as usual, but I also watched it yesterday, and I'm afraid that if I watched it one more time, I will be bored of it. So I will try to avoid watching it while it's still interesting.

But seriously Kuzcochik...How?