Page 64 of 186 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Toy Story 3 - Watching it the second time around, I liked this movie a little better and I think it was kind of more meaningful the second time around. I even grew to hate Lotso more than I did the first time because he percieved him being lost and replaced the wrong way instead of understand that Daisy always loved him, Chuckles, and the baby, but she simply just lost them.

Oh, and two thumbs up for Chuckles the Clown!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Well I watched Toy Story 3 for the third time this afternoon with nela25 cause we're cool like that. Also, I'm completely in love with the movie

Then I finished up The Road to El Dorado which I started yesterday but got distracted while watching. Ignoring the racefail, I do really enjoy that movie.

And now I'm barely paying attention to Edward Scissorhands but looked up long enough to catch the "ice dance" section which is my favorite part

• Future Skipper

Last Thursday I saw Get Him To the Greek, which was awesome, and exceeded all my expectations. The music was great too, I just downloaded the soundtrack.

Also, that night I watched Ghost Town, which may just be the most underrated movie of all time. It was probably about my 5th or 6th time watching it, and it was still completely amazing. Anyone else seen it?

After that, I watched Die Hard for the first time. The action scenes were great, and I can see why it would be an action classic, but honestly, it moved a little slowly for me. I mean, again, the action scenes were great, but other than that it was a pretty boring movie. Oh, and it seemed to drag on for days. Still worth watching, though.

Then, I watched Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgendy, which was pretty funny. Not great, but worth watching, and had some memorable lines in it.

Then after waking up Friday morning, after 4 hours of sleep, I watched The Simpsons Movie, which was just as hilarious the 117th time. (Just kidding, it's probably more like 11 or 12.)
    Last edited by JungleCruiseFan; 06-27-2010 at 12:25 AM.

• Disneyland PAP

I had a BBQ potluck at my place yesterday. I can't say I watched these all the way through, but my friend's mom did. She loves watching Blu-ray movies whenever she comes over, so after one was done she had another request, then another.

Monsters, Inc.

Toy Story 2

Avatar - This was the first time I'd seen it in Blu-ray since seeing it in IMAX 3D, and I gotta say after watching some of it including all of the final act, this movie is the only movie that makes me want to get an 3D HDTV. Despite the great detail and incredibly thought out and realized world created by Cameron, I really enjoyed Avatar much better in 3D than in 2D on Blu-ray. Maybe by the time the Avatar sequel comes out, I'll be able to afford adding a 3D HDTV to my house. Maybe!

I saw "Toy Story 3", and I really liked it, maybe not as much as "Toy Story 2", but it's a winner. I look forward to watching the entire series, over and over, in sequence, sometime. My wife came home yesterday with presents (it's my 5th anniversary) -- toys -- a Buzz Lightyear that speaks English and Spanish and a Dr. Porkchop that says "It's Evil Dr. Porkchop to you." It's absurd as I'm 57 years old! There ought to be a law against women with credit cards.

• Circle of Ancients

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

As a Rush fan I absolutely LOVED it. I tried to look at it from a non-fan perspective and think about a non-fan watching it and I think they would enjoy it too. It's THAT well done. Imagine a rock group who didn't follow any of the rock and roll cliche's. No radio airplay, no wild hotel parties yet has been together for 40 years and has more gold records than anybody not the Beatles or Led Zeppelin. Might sound like a boring story, but it's absolutely not.

Backdraft

Hadn't seen this in awhile and caught in on cable. Still a really good movie that probably would get made with all kinds of CGI today.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Yesterday was a film festival since my house had a lot of DVD, and I had a few I got for my birthday, so I watched these movies.

Finally, Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Nuff said.

Batman: Gotham Knight- This movie was amazing for a straight-to-DVD movie, but the animation didn't fit for the Batman comic books. But I'll put up with it because it had a really good story.

Extract- Saw this over at my Uncle's house and he had rented it. This movie was sporadically funny, but Mila Kunis, while hot, was kind of useless in this movie.

• Goofy

toy story 3 for the fourth time in a row.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post

Then I finished up The Road to El Dorado which I started yesterday but got distracted while watching. Ignoring the racefail, I do really enjoy that movie.

BO-RING!

Yah... animation was good but it didn't do anything for me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

Red Cliff. This is one of the best war movies I have ever seen (though admittedy I haven't seen a lot). After a couple of strikeouts, John Woo has has really returned to form, and he's still using his doves to great effect. I saw the U.S. 2.5 hour version in the original Mandarin, but I'd love to see the full 4 hour Asia release some day.

Just saw "Knight and Day". Okay, don't laugh, but I actually liked this movie. And shhhh... I actually like Tom Cruise. But yeah, the movie wasn't that bad. But then again, it's a pretty cruddy year for movies, apart from TS3 and the upcoming Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by casey-eo View Post
    Just saw "Knight and Day". Okay, don't laugh, but I actually liked this movie. And shhhh... I actually like Tom Cruise. But yeah, the movie wasn't that bad. But then again, it's a pretty cruddy year for movies, apart from TS3 and the upcoming Inception.
    I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise, but I have to see Knight & Day since I was on location when they filmed the movie here in Salzburg. Hopefully we will see something of the city in the movie.

• Circle of Ancients

Shutter Island

I had most of the twist figured out in the first 10 minutes, and the "big reveal" about an hour in. Still ... a VERY well put together, acted and trippy movie.

Edge of Darkness

I was expecting just another mindless action movie, but I was actually very surprised. A pretty cool movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise, but I have to see Knight & Day since I was on location when they filmed the movie here in Salzburg. Hopefully we will see something of the city in the movie.
    Cool.. Yeah, i thought they went all over for this movie.

• Circle of Ancients

I have to say, Knight and Day looked pretty good and I probably would have gone to see it if it weren't for the two leads who I don't care for very much.