Page 66 of 191 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116166 ... LastLast

• secure all cargo

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Tivo'd Rear Window ages ago as I've never seen it before, but finally saw it a few nights ago. Easy to see why this is such a classic, it's masterful storytelling, but I still think Notorious and North By Northwest are my favorites of Hitchcock.

Wife and I re-watched our DVD of Moulin Rouge. Still one of my favorite films ever. It's such a basic story with simple dialogue, yet so over-the-top, brash, fun and smart. Every performance works, great chemistry between Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor, Jim Broadbent manages to make a sympathetic character out of a manipulative and misguided ringleader, and I still marvel at how tough-guy Richard Roxburg chameleoned into the Duke.

• Circle of Ancients

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage-I gave this documentary movie a second chance and I really liked it for being a non fan. It made me laugh, cry, and the music gave me the chills. I highly recommend this movie. (That was for you Sir Clink)

Adventureland-Movie was dumb. I was hoping by the first 30minutes in would get better but it was dry.

Dear John- Disappointed in this movie because I was expecting it to be really good. Movie was just dumb IMO. I had hoped for a better ending. I also thought the acting was terrible. Channing Tatum is eye candy but he doesn't have that on screen charisma,same for Amanda Seyfried. IDK, I just didn't feel that emotion with the characters.

• Disneyland PAP

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Felt the longness of it this time, my first time finally watching it on Blu-ray (seen it once in theatres and once on DVD). But it makes a whole lot more sense now, now that I got all the subtle clues dropped along the way. Forgot about Captain Teague, so that was a genuine surprise along the way! Also forgot the bit at the end leading to On Strangers Tides, so at least now I'm all caught up...until I forget it all again.

Tombstone - Finally cracked open my Blu-ray. But with this movie, it almost doesn't matter, the film is just plain awesome regardless! This, Shakespeare in Love and Star Trek (2009) are flicks I could pop in anytime and never, ever get tired of and will always make me cheer!
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 07-03-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added Tombstone

• Infinitized!

Got back into watching Harry Potter movies and recently finally added them to my library as Future Shop is selling the first four for $6.99. So a couple night ago I started with:
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - That's right Yankees; Philosopher's Stone! We didn't have the stupid name change here in Canada as in the US. I mean in the movie we don't hear them talking about a Sorcerer's stone do we? Fun movie and a good intro to Harry's adaption to the big screen. The only downside is the CGI looks horribly dated. Yesterday I followed it up with:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Good follow-up. I enjoy the creepiness of these movies.

You can guess what I'm watching next and i'm looking forward to it as Azkaban is the only Potter flick I haven't seen yet. I started watching them in theaters when Goblet of Fire came out. Tonight though, I'm taking a short break from Potter and going to finally see Toy Story 3.

I'm hoping to eventually get Phoenix and Prince as well, but right now at Future Shop they are still around $20. I think Walmart may have them for a little cheaper though. I still haven't read any of the Potter books yet either.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Toy Story 3

Loved it. Really. I teared up towards the end. I still have some toys I've had since I was a baby... NEVER going to get rid of them now. Heh.

• Animation Domination

Twilight: Eclipse- It was alright for a Twiligh movie. Glad that it had more action and less involvement in high school. Overall it was good entertainment and enjoyable.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Future Skipper

Youth In Revolt
    Not bad. Certainly the most amoral thing I've ever seen, but a pretty good movie. It's also the first time I've actually like Michael Cera, so that counts for something.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage-I gave this documentary movie a second chance and I really liked it for being a non fan. It made me laugh, cry, and the music gave me the chills. I highly recommend this movie. (That was for you Sir Clink)

Adventureland-Movie was dumb. I was hoping by the first 30minutes in would get better but it was dry.
    Glad you gave Behind The Lighted Stage another chance, and really glad you liked it!!!

And I agree about Adventureland.

Hot Tub Time Machine

ROTFL hilarious. Not "Hangover" funny, but still pretty funny. I laughed a LOT.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Glad you gave Behind The Lighted Stage another chance, and really glad you liked it!!!

And I agree about Adventureland.

Hot Tub Time Machine

ROTFL hilarious. Not "Hangover" funny, but still pretty funny. I laughed a LOT.
    A small connection between the Rush documentary and Hot Tub Time Machine...
    Parts of Hot Tub were filmed in Fernie, a small town in the south east corner of BC. The street the guys are driving down with all the boarded up windows is Fernie and a bunch of the ski hill scenes were filmed at the Fernie ski resort - and no, the town isn't dilapidated. In fact it's a nice small town. And now the Rush connection; Alex Lifeson is from Fernie.

At the theater last night:
    Toy Story 3 - It was great! Another winner from Pixar. I like how even though it was the last one, it could continue...

• I'm not really here

I loved the Rush documentary. The Bluray is on my list to buy as soon as I have some disposable cash

Just saw A-Team. This movie is definitely not getting the love it deserves. It was a lot of fun to watch and felt much like an episode of the TV show. Don't go looking for some great plot... there really isn't one. It's an 80s action TV show.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson actually does a really good job in the movie and the other characters were excellently cast. Sharlto Copley is hillarious as Murdoch. Stay after the credits for some nostalgic moments.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I loved the Rush documentary. The Bluray is on my list to buy as soon as I have some disposable cash
    The bonus features on the Documentary are AMAZING!!!

I just rented/saw Edge of Darkness- I would've liked it better were it not for the stars' recent notoriety, and (SPOILER)

they totally ripped of the ending from Sid and Nancy

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I had the sudden urge to watch Ratatouille today, and looking at it since I had not seen it for a while, this is a great movie. It made me laugh, and the animation is very good in this movie, and I think Pixar did probably some of thier best work right here.

Viewing it a second time, the movie had a little more meaning about following your dreams, and how something so meaningful (food) can bring people of different backgrounds together (even if someone lies) and no matter how big or small someone is, if they are good, they should be allowed to do what they want to.

If there is one little thing that bothered me about this is that it did drag on a little too long. But overall, a great film still.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Popped in The Little Mermaid. Watched the whole thing with the commentary of Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken, which was pretty interesting.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I had the sudden urge to watch Ratatouille today, and looking at it since I had not seen it for a while, this is a great movie. It made me laugh, and the animation is very good in this movie, and I think Pixar did probably some of thier best work right here.

Viewing it a second time, the movie had a little more meaning about following your dreams, and how something so meaningful (food) can bring people of different backgrounds together (even if someone lies) and no matter how big or small someone is, if they are good, they should be allowed to do what they want to.

If there is one little thing that bothered me about this is that it did drag on a little too long. But overall, a great film still.
    What adds a layer of "wow" to this film for me is the fact that Brad Bird came in to replace another director after it was already in production and was stuck with the original release date, which apparently put a lot of pressure on him and he in turn put a lot of pressure on everyone else to turn out this quality story. Check out the bonus stuff, I think I'd learned of it in that material.