Page 67 of 191 FirstFirst ... 174257646566676869707792117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2862

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME -- Still one of my favorite Disney Animated features of the 90s. Great story, great animation, great music.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice last night at a sneak preview. I went into it expecting to hate it but it was all right. It wasn't phenomenal but it wasn't horrible. The first half hour was kinda dumb and it was terribly predictable. That being said the special effects were really good, the acting was pretty good and it ended up being pretty fun. I'm convinced Jay Baruchel can only play one character but it's adorkable regardless. Movie might be scary for the kiddies just fyi.

• MiceChat Moderator

TRON - Just had to watch it again since it's been like 10 years! It's a bit slow but I love me some light cycles!

HERCULES - I enjoy it for the art and animation and it's entertaining, but not as "classicky" as the others. It's a bit too modern in flavor to really shine. More for kids really.

• secure all cargo

Shinjuku Incident. This is a mob drama about Chinese immigrants in Japan. It's an unusual Jackie Chan film in that there is absolutely no martial arts or his usual goofy humor in it. Rather, it's a very serious tone throughout with brutally raw street brawls and shockingly graphic violence. Not necessarily a great mafia movie, but it's effective.

Knight and Day. It's kind of a chick flick action film that decently serves both genres. There's good chemistry between the leads, and the fun they probably had making it translated well to the screen. My wife loved Tom Cruise, and regardless your feelings of the man himself, he really gives a smooth and charming performance.

Predators. It's a great idea for a Predator film, mostly executed pretty well. For me, the Predator as a species was never quite as menacing as the Alien, but this film is solid as an action piece and a good entry for the series.

Despicable Me. Very cute!

"Do you want me to be like you or totally honest?"
    "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
    "I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing basically."

• MiceChat Moderator

MULAN - Twelve years later, this film still holds up pretty well. Eddie Murphy's shenanigans are kept to a respectable level and there's actually a decent character underneath it all. I love the background art most of all and it's a good story too. Mulan is probably one of the strongest Disney heroines we've ever got but she tends to be treated like a "bride to be" at the parks. I rather see her in the war hero outfit. Anyhoo... annoying closing song aside, great film.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    MULAN - Twelve years later, this film still holds up pretty well. Eddie Murphy's shenanigans are kept to a respectable level and there's actually a decent character underneath it all. I love the background art most of all and it's a good story too. Mulan is probably one of the strongest Disney heroines we've ever got but she tends to be treated like a "bride to be" at the parks. I rather see her in the war hero outfit. Anyhoo... annoying closing song aside, great film.
    I'm really bummed this film doesn't get as much attention as I think it's due. Overall, it is out of the typical Disney Princess mold, with much of what she does having a military aspect to it. But this depiction of Mulan's personality, independence, and heart is just such a strong role model for a young woman imo.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Remember Me
    For all you R Patz lovers (and that would be me), this one is a must. But it's pretty sad with an unexpected ending. Keep the Kleenex handy.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Remember Me
    For all you R Patz lovers (and that would be me), this one is a must. But it's pretty sad with an unexpected ending. Keep the Kleenex handy.
    We actually just got done watching that. I TOTALLY agree. Didn't watch it for anybody, wasn't really watching it at the beginning. But it's actually a REALLY good movie.

And yeah ... one HELL of a twist at the end. Totally came out of left field. You got the feeling that "something" was gonna happen ... but not THAT. Had no idea it was even around that time. They did a REALLY good job of keeping you in the dark until the very end.

• MiceChat Moderator

TARZAN - I remember seeing the trailers for this and was just awe-inspired by the animation. It was super intense, well rendered, and visually interesting. Watching it eleven years later, it still holds up as a good film and I'm glad that it has a more timeless sensibility to it than Hercules or Aladdin. The art is STILL incredible. But, Tarzan is the last of its kind. It all goes downhill from here.

Took my Niece to see Toy Story 3 (her first time seeing it, my third). We saw it in traditional 2d, because she doesn't like the 3d glasses. And I cried, again.

I think the movie is near perfect. What movie out there can, make you laugh, cry, feel all kinds of things. I love this movie.

Sorry, wish I could write better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice last night at a sneak preview. I went into it expecting to hate it but it was all right. It wasn't phenomenal but it wasn't horrible. The first half hour was kinda dumb and it was terribly predictable. That being said the special effects were really good, the acting was pretty good and it ended up being pretty fun. I'm convinced Jay Baruchel can only play one character but it's adorkable regardless. Movie might be scary for the kiddies just fyi.
    Adorkable... Love that word!

• Circle of Ancients

She's Just Not That Into You

Pretty funny, I thought it was just going to be stupid "American Pie" type comedy (which is fine) but it actually had a cool story, etc. Nothing really new but entertaining nonetheless.

The Crazies

Pretty cool movie, nothing original at all, but still pretty cool.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We actually just got done watching that. I TOTALLY agree. Didn't watch it for anybody, wasn't really watching it at the beginning. But it's actually a REALLY good movie.

And yeah ... one HELL of a twist at the end. Totally came out of left field. You got the feeling that "something" was gonna happen ... but not THAT. Had no idea it was even around that time. They did a REALLY good job of keeping you in the dark until the very end.
    I thought it was an interesting story line. You couldn't even tell that it was supposed to be in
    Spoiler

, not even really with their clothing, so that totally threw me at the end. And just when things were falling into place for Tyler. Robert Pattinson was an executive producer on this film. I had no idea.

MOD NOTE: If you plan on seeing this movie do NOT click on the spoiler, it reveals a HUGE Plot Point.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 07-17-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Added mod note

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Moderator

INCEPTION - great great great. really enjoyed it.