Page 7 of 192 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

UP (Blu Ray)

Simply amazing (duh). This was my 3rd time seeing the movie (once in 3D, once in regular theatre and Blu Ray) and I still get teary eyed.

The bonus features are well done. The theatrical short Partly Cloudy is of course included and still brings a smile to your face. The new short "Dug's secret mission" I thought was really cute and heartwarming, but not as good as Burn-E. The 20 minute mini-documentary on them going to south america was quite interesting as well.

Can't wait until X-mas to open our full 4-disc version to watch the extras on the other disc as we just rented this one through Netflix.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Green Street Hooligans.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Part of The Santa Claus 2 (poor copy from the library freezes not quite half way through!!!)
    Ever After - I can quote it i've watched it so many times, but it never gets boring or old and I never skip through any of it.
    Twilight - New Moon is coming out so I need a refresher
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• sleepy lagoon

The Santa Clause
    I love these movies!! All three of them are on constant replay in our house during the holiday season. (1 & 2 are my favorites... I miss Bernard in the third one...)

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    UP (Blu Ray)

Simply amazing (duh). This was my 3rd time seeing the movie (once in 3D, once in regular theatre and Blu Ray) and I still get teary eyed.

The bonus features are well done. The theatrical short Partly Cloudy is of course included and still brings a smile to your face. The new short "Dug's secret mission" I thought was really cute and heartwarming, but not as good as Burn-E. The 20 minute mini-documentary on them going to south america was quite interesting as well.

Can't wait until X-mas to open our full 4-disc version to watch the extras on the other disc as we just rented this one through Netflix.
    That's what I spend yesterday evening doing, going through all of the bonus material on discs 1 and 2. I was telling people at work today about that mini-documentary stuff, as well as the material on disc 2. I won't spoil it by saying it's very much of the same vein as the documentary - the Pixar "Up" staff did their homework!

Star Trek - Just watched my Blu-ray of it first thing after work tonight. Pure geeky goodness, with a healthy dose of pure, unadulterated entertainment! I'm gonna watch this movie over and over and over and over. But first, on to the bonus material…

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

JOHN WOO'S RED CLIFF -- This is the American release so it's an edited down version of the two separate movies combined into one. There's American narration at the beginning but the film is in Mandarin with subtitles. I really look forward to seeing the full versions on DVD but the movie is really fun to watch. I highly recommend.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• User

I just watched The Little Mermaid in honor of it's 20th Anniversary.

• Infinitized!

Saw a few on DVD:

The Taking of Pelham 123: pretty good.

From my own DVD library:
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 2nd time seeing it since my first time at the theater. Great movie too. I finally got to see the alternate ending (bar scene). Yes, Deadpool could have had a bigger role, but don't forget, this movie is about Wolverine. Looking forward to the next one.

Star Trek: Excellent! The most fun movie that came out this summer. 3rd time seeing it. I picked up the Steel Book 2-disc set at Future Shop. Looking forward to Trek 2, er, Trek 12. I guess it's planned for a 2011 release?

• Circle of Ancients

This is it- Loved it from beginning to end. Michael was a pure genius. The whole movie gave me goosebumps and I wanted to get up and dance in the theatre. I wished that during the movie he talked more about all the emotions he was going through during the rehearsals. There were times I could see he was tired and a little drained. I will definitely be buying this movie on Blu Ray.
    Last edited by Ginarella; 11-18-2009 at 08:51 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I still have no desire to see it. Not sure why, I was a HUGE MJ fan growing up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    2012:
    For the love of God, do not watch this, I don't even know were to start my list of complaints.

DO NOT GO SEE 2012!!! Oh my word!!! I totally agree with you!!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY way too much build up on the previews to only be very disappointed.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I still have no desire to see it. Not sure why, I was a HUGE MJ fan growing up.
    Some of the critics have said that it was tiresome watching rehearsal after rehearsal. But I thought the editing was well done and it felt like you were up close and personal at his concert. MJ wasn't going to put on some cheesy concert. There was some footage of him during his Jackson 5 days. He sang I'll be there and I lost it. This movie will touch you. Trust me Greg, I hope you see it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Meet the Robinsons

It was ok. I liked the dinosaur the best. "I have a BIG head and LITTLE arms!"

• Minion

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Lame Script... I didn't really have much of a desire to see this, but it was quiet, the house was empty, and it was OnDemand. So... I had zero expectations for this film, and Michael Bay exceeded them, in the wrong direction. Horrible acting. Horrible plot. Horrible action due to any clarity at all of what was going on. There wasn't a bit of this that made any sense at all. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a summer blockbuster mindless action flick, but this was worse than mindless, it actually sucked brain out while it played.

So yeah, overall, I'd say I didn't much enjoy it.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Emperor's New Groove
    Saw it on watchXonline.com for the first time in 7 years.
    Overall, it remains the greatest comedy Disney has ever done!
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Page 7 of 192 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast