Page 70 of 190 FirstFirst ... 204560676869707172738095120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2839

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Just came back from Despicable Me. Cute movie. The three girls AND Gru's minions stole every scene they were in. I'll give it 4/5 stars.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Doubt with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was quietly intense.
    I've had this in our Netflix "Watch It Now" queue FOREVER. I know it's probably REALLY good and I really want to see it, I just have yet to dedicate the time to do so. Soon though.

• hi!

Splice

it looked promising in previews.. and Rotten Tomatoes gives it a pretty high (for their site) 75%.. but i really didn't like it.. at all
    -plagued

• Disneyland PAP

Batman: Under the Red Hood - The latest DC Universe animated release blew me away! I'm a huge Batman fan, but I didn't read the stories this was based on. But after seeing the action, the drama, and the pacing of this movie, I'm really not sure the book can come close to this movie's excitement. I've seen all the DCU movies and now this is my top fave of the bunch, right after Green Lantern: First Flight, Wonder Woman and Justice League: New Frontier. Good job, WB!

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Batman: Under the Red Hood - The latest DC Universe animated release blew me away! I'm a huge Batman fan, but I didn't read the stories this was based on. But after seeing the action, the drama, and the pacing of this movie, I'm really not sure the book can come close to this movie's excitement. I've seen all the DCU movies and now this is my top fave of the bunch, right after Green Lantern: First Flight, Wonder Woman and Justice League: New Frontier. Good job, WB!
    i just got this but haven't gotten around to watching it just yet.. thanks for the review! i'll definitely put it on my to-do list
    -plagued

• ...is busy, please hold.

Cabin Fever

I don't know why this film found it intellegent to do four things at once: To be a horror film, a stoner comedy, a satire and political parable all hashed into each other.Love,sex,beer,kung fu,a slasher-killer flesh eating virus,references to Deliverence and 9/11, constant pop-ups by writer/director eyebrow monster Eli Roth,terrible protagonist protrayl by the Boy of Boy Meets World(Ryder Strong).Too much in too little packaging. Still, any gorehound will inshrine this mess.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_2GOoFaXE"]A Taste of Comedy?[/ame]

House of the Devil

Though it may not look like it, a very recent tribute film that uses everything in its power to mimic the films of the so called golden era of horror(RIP 1975-1985). All mannerisms of that time live here:The masked killer(s), the victim babysitter,the backwoods house,the hitchcockian suspense,the demonic presence. Well able to compete with other occult/antichrist classics like The Omen and Rosemary's Baby.
    This film has a very high recomendation from me. See it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvSkTDWFfk"]"Talk to me, Lord"[/ame]
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Delawarean Girl

Madonna Innocence Lost - just now on FUSE. It was a TV movie special about Madonna . It shows how she got her start in fame.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Peter Pan- The Disney 1953 version. Viewing it as an adult and having not seen it for who-knows-how-long, its a great movie. Not his best, but still a lot of fun.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I've had this in our Netflix "Watch It Now" queue FOREVER. I know it's probably REALLY good and I really want to see it, I just have yet to dedicate the time to do so. Soon though.
    Me too, that's exactly how I just watched it! It was waiting there for-ev-er so I finally found a moment of quiet to focus and watch.
    A signature should go here.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
    Cabin Fever

I don't know why this film found it intellegent to do four things at once: To be a horror film, a stoner comedy, a satire and political parable all hashed into each other.Love,sex,beer,kung fu,a slasher-killer flesh eating virus,references to Deliverence and 9/11, constant pop-ups by writer/director eyebrow monster Eli Roth,terrible protagonist protrayl by the Boy of Boy Meets World(Ryder Strong).Too much in too little packaging. Still, any gorehound will inshrine this mess.
    I saw this back when I was into cheesy, horror movies of any kind. I think I even saw it in the theater. Pretty bad I agree.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Mrs. J. Depp

The Runaways
    What can I say. Sex, drugs and rock and roll. I've seen so many movies of the mans rock band perspective, so seeing it about the womans aspect of rock was quite different. Kristen Stewart, being the filthy mouthed girl she is, rocked that mullet and did amazing as Joan Jett. Nobody else could have done as well in that role. And Dakota Fanning....holy smokes.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I just watched Batman: Under the Red Hood today. I give it an "A" and the only criticism I can levy at it is that Batman isn't voiced by the incomparable Kevin Conroy. Jensen Ackles (from Supernatural) was outstanding as the Red Hood and brought such an emotional component to the film.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Clash of the TItans
    Good film..why it got 2/5 stars ..weird.

• Infinitized!

On DVD from my library:
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Good, but it does feel like it jumps around and misses some content. I haven't read the book yet so I don't know what that is. I think I like this one the least from all the Potter movies, but it is still enjoyable. Gary Oldman lookin' like an older Dracula in this one .

Dick Tracy - One that I've been hoping for a sequel for years but it hasn't materialized. Like the music, like the time setting, like the visuals and all the colors, like all the known actors in the makeup/masks/strang head-gear. Like the similar feel to Tim Burton's Batman - I guess Danny Elfman's score has something to do with that too. And what has happened to Warren Beatty? Is he still in some situation due to the rights to Dick Tracy? Did it make him go into hiding or did he retire? He hasn't made a movie since 2001. Back in the early 90s when the initial plans were being developed for DCA, a Dick Tracy attraction was in the works for the area known toady as Hollywood Pictures Backlot, but it didn't happen. Deserves a better release on DVD and Blu-Ray too. Please Disney - revisit this one and Rocketeer!

At the theater:
    Salt - Not bad. Was kind of like the Jason Bourne series. When we got out of the theater we noticed a bunch of smoke in the air - a local business complex caught fire. One of the stores was a chemical supplier and another store was a welding equipment shop - so there were a lot of explosions - we thought Angelina Jolie attacked.

• Delawarean Girl

Casper - After making a question thread about if there was ride or not. Got me in the mood to see the movie. I finally found the DVD last night. I still think it's cute.