Page 77 of 189 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2834

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Anchorman - My first Will Ferrell movie ever. Surprise, it made me laugh. Not sure it'll make me watch another Ferrell flick, but I enjoyed this one enough to not regret buying it.

• secure all cargo

Over the weekend I saw two movies for the first time and really like them both:

Up In the Air. It's a pretty funny and touching movie about isolation. Probably this and Out of Sight are my two favorite Clooney performances.

The Prestige. It's a really exciting film about commitment versus obsession with great performances by everyone including a scene stealing David Bowie. I liked this better than Inception.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Anchorman - My first Will Ferrell movie ever. Surprise, it made me laugh. Not sure it'll make me watch another Ferrell flick, but I enjoyed this one enough to not regret buying it.
    Give The Other Guys a try. It's probably the best Will Ferrell movie. The opening sequence with Samuel L. and The Rock is great!

• Circle of Ancients

Scarface

I hadn't seen this one in probably 10-15 years. It's a movie that has great performances, I mean, it's Al Pacino ... Hello!?!? But the movie itself, I gotta admit it kind of drags and there is absolutely no redeeming quality in the movie. Nobody learns anything and everybody dies.

Clash of the Titans (remake)

Yeah, it kind of sucked. This is what happens when you try to update a classic movie with great performances and make it better with some CGI effects, get some A-list actors to "dial it in" and take away some classic characters (WTF, no Bubo?). When my 12 year-old son is like "meh" then you know somebody screwed up. To be honest, I liked the Last Airbender better. (don't hate me Coheteboy)

Oh, and Pegasus is supposed to be white you idiots!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Hehe I don't mind. I haven't seen Airbender and I rate Clash of the Titans as 2 1/2 at its highest. But mostly it's a 2 star movie.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

I read somewhere it was about to be the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future, so of course I had to see the entire trilogy again. They're all still really a lot of fun. The first film is a great example of the kinds of Spielbergian movies coming out in the 80's, high concept sci-fi story lines with a lot of over-the-top action and comedy and plenty of audience-pleasing moments. Part II is really underrated I think because it had less heart than the first, but the twists and turns from the time travel consequences are really sharp, plus it has my favorite cliffhanger between any part 2 and 3. And Part III I thought brought it all to a close very nicely.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

This one gets funnier every time you watch it!

We watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid last night, and it was still as cute as when I saw it in the theater. Aside from that, we've been watching a lot of MST3K on Netflix, so lots of giant insects and this totally weird Santa Claus movie from Mexico... very strange indeed!
    A signature should go here.

• Shifting cargo

Walk the Line. I really love that movie.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Give The Other Guys a try. It's probably the best Will Ferrell movie. The opening sequence with Samuel L. and The Rock is great!
    That does look like another one I'd like to give a try. Thanks.

Road to Perdition - This is one of my favorite films based on a graphic novel, which I'd read before it became a movie and is one I highly recommend. The artwork particularly is perfect, pen-and-ink crosshatched drawings that give a dated newspaper feel to the story. Tom Hanks playing against type but my oh my to see Paul Newman anchor the cast (in his last role besides voicing Doc Hudson). And now to see Daniel Craig pre-Bond, looks and acts perfectly as the son with a demented chip on his shoulder. And Jude Law, whom I never became a big fan of but liked in Sherlock Holmes has definitely gained some weight! It's a slow burn kind of film, but it packs such passion and tragic drama as it unfolds. The Blu-ray's got some grain to it in some places, to set the tone and era at the start. But so happy to add it finally to my HD collection. Looking forward to sharing film with others.

• MiceChat Moderator

That does look like another one I'd like to give a try. Thanks.

Road to Perdition - This is one of my favorite films based on a graphic novel, which I'd read before it became a movie and is one I highly recommend. The artwork particularly is perfect, pen-and-ink crosshatched drawings that give a dated newspaper feel to the story. Tom Hanks playing against type but my oh my to see Paul Newman anchor the cast (in his last role besides voicing Doc Hudson). And now to see Daniel Craig pre-Bond, looks and acts perfectly as the son with a demented chip on his shoulder. And Jude Law, whom I never became a big fan of but liked in Sherlock Holmes has definitely gained some weight! It's a slow burn kind of film, but it packs such passion and tragic drama as it unfolds. The Blu-ray's got some grain to it in some places, to set the tone and era at the start. But so happy to add it finally to my HD collection. Looking forward to sharing film with others.

I love Road to Perdition. It's so beautifully shot and performed, it's a rare time when I actually don't mind when a movie is predictable because it's just so rich. Brilliant film.

I watched IP MAN which is a great Kung Fu movie about the master who trained Bruce Lee. They took a few liberties with its history but as a kung fu film, it has a lot of great fights and choreography (by Sammo Hung).

• hi!

The Expendables: hm.. considering the crazy all-star cast this movie can boast, the action in the movie doesn't live up to them. there's only about 3-4 main action scenes. and while the last action sequence is pretty high up there, the rest of the movie unfortunately bogs it down. and the plot as a whole is just dull. but i'm a fan of jason statham and his performance was alright. didn't know he was going to be one of the 'main' character plots going in. it was weird seeing jet li struggle in a fight. and terry crews' gun will get a few laughs.

Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue: talk about a change of scenery from my last movie, haha. this movie was.... cute? much better than the second TBell.. not as impacting as the first. just your typical little girlie movie.
    -plagued

• Disneyland PAP

Galaxy Quest - Bought it on Blu-ray over the weekend. Brilliant, classic, perfect movie! Enjoyed all the bonus making-of features too. It's great that the cast had a ball getting to know each other and making the movie together.

• MiceChat Moderator

JACKIE BROWN -- Not bad not bad.

• Disneyland PAP

United 93 - I've probably had this DVD sitting on my shelf for three years but never had the nerve to watch it until today, 9/11/10. The first twenty minutes of simple, ordinary moments of strangers waiting at the terminal to finally board the plane amongst the hijackers were profoundly moving. In the second half I finally recognized some actors I'd seen before, which pulled me out of the drama a bit. And my brain did understand much of what's depicted at the end is speculation. Still, overall the movie - the moments it dramatizes - brought me back to a period that's hard to live through again, but important to always remember.

• MiceChat Moderator

RETURN OF THE JEDI - Cos I felt like it.

THE DARK KNIGHT -- I just wanted to have something in the background but once I started, I couldn't turn it off. So good.