Page 78 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2853687576777879808188103128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2906

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Watched the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus the other night. Wow! That was a strange film! I mainly wanted to watch it because it was Heath Ledger's last film but yeah, both my brother & I thought it was just a little too far out there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

ANGELS AND DEMONS -- Well... there's angels in this film but "demons"? Not so many. It's certainly more fast paced than the Da Vinci Code and I only watched it to see its depiction of the Catholic Church. It was interesting to say the least and by the end of it all, I think it told a decent message.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

VERY different than the book IMO. Changed some things that didn't really need to be changed, glossed over some things that should NOT have been glossed over and spent a little too much time on things that probably didn't need that much screen time.

I was really looking forward to the movie and to compare it with the upcoming American version. Now that I've seen it, I'm really hoping they do a much more faithful adaptation of the book. I am willing to admit however, that something could have been lost in translation.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

VERY different than the book IMO. Changed some things that didn't really need to be changed, glossed over some things that should NOT have been glossed over and spent a little too much time on things that probably didn't need that much screen time.

I was really looking forward to the movie and to compare it with the upcoming American version. Now that I've seen it, I'm really hoping they do a much more faithful adaptation of the book. I am willing to admit however, that something could have been lost in translation.
    Thanks for the review. It's interesting. While I don't know whom among them have read the book, I have heard SO MANY FRIENDS THIS SUMMER recommend I see this movie. I haven't yet nor have I read the book, but I'm looking forward to at least seeing the movie someday. I've also read a remake is already in the works (with Daniel Craig I think but don't quote me), so perhaps your "more faithful adaptation" is coming sooner than you think.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 09-14-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: corrected typo

• Infinitized!

Blades of Glory - I was flipping thru my Vancouver 2010 commemorative book and had the urge to put this one on. Bwahahahaha One of the best Will Ferrell comedies. I picked up on some new stuff I didn't the first two times I watched it. Good stuff. Great spoof of the Olympic Winter Games. Iron Lotus .

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Thanks for the review. It's interesting. While I don't know whom among them have read the book, I have heard SO MANY FRIENDS THIS SUMMER recommend I see this movie. I haven't yet nor have I read the book, but I'm looking forward to at least seeing the movie someday. I've also read a remake is already in the works (with Daniel Craig I think but don't quote me), so perhaps your "more faithful adaptation" is coming sooner than you think.
    That is correct. The version out now is the scandanavian version and an american remake is in the works with Daniel Craig and Ronney Mara (I was hoping for Ashley Greene myself).

As a "movie" it's really good. Entertaining, suspenseful, well acted, etc. As a book adaptation (I had just finished the book a couple of days earlier) it was better than most. But as a book reader there are always parts of books that you want to see, favorite lines, favorite scenes, etc. For me, a lot of my favorites were left out or changed.

With David Fincher directing the american version, I have VERY high hopes for it.

• secure all cargo

Lost in Translation. One of my top 5 favorites of all time. Great story about making connections because of being alone. Just felt like seeing it again.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. After I saw it in the theater I felt it was my favorite of the first 6 films. Now I've seen it again, not as sure about that assessment, but still find it one of the best. The three main actors have all developed such great chemistry together over the years and are all really maturing as performers.

Hot Tub Time Machine. Watched it for the first time and was a bit disappointed. The 4 guys are pretty good in it but not quite as funny as I'd hoped for.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

IRON MAN 2 - Upon 2nd viewing, it's still enjoyable but not a full feeling of a sequel. Basically how I felt the first time haha.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

The Black Cauldron 25th Anniversary edition - I picked up the new release yesterday. Much better picture quality than the Gold Collection release. But I hate that Disney has started giving us those cheapo "less plastic" DVD Eco box, and no slipcover, and no chapter list insert. Another thing I noticed, the sneak peeks section no longer has its own menu - you just click on it and it starts playing all the previews rather than letting you choose. C'mon Disney, the economy still hasn't revocered and a lot of us are still watching DVDs - there's still a market out there. And why they just didn't release it as a Blu/DVD Combo is something I don't get. Anyway that's my little rant about this release of the movie itself.

I've got a soft spot for this one - it was the first first-run Disney movie I saw in the theater when I was a kid. That was a good year; this one, Goonies, Back to the Future. I still remember all the hype about this one with the boasting about the Dolby surround sound and the wider picture.

I still don't get why this movie gets the flack it does, especially by Disney. Sure it wasn't a fairy-tale musical, or featured talking animals, but overall it was decent. The only two things that I thougt were meh, were the little flying pixie Smurfs, and the very short appearance of the Horned King's skeleton army. Would've been great to see the skeleton army actually in battle or something.

I don't know if Disney still has the rights to the Chronicles of Prydain series, but with Harry Potter finishing up, this series may be one that some studio could bring to the big screen in a live-action version.

• ...is busy, please hold.

Devil

it's a part 1..........
    2 believe..........
    3' s a crowd........
    4 blindspots.........
    5 die........

-he's real.

solve it. see it.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Senior Minion

The Town

^ Represent Boston!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Against my will, my friends dragged me to The Sorcerer's Apprentice showing at the Dollar Theater.

To my surprise, it was actually okay. Cool special effects and nice story. The acting was a little dry, but overall, not bad.
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 09-18-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Tristan & Isolde

• Circle of Ancients

The Runaways-Kristen Stewart pulled off a Joan Jett fairly well. I liked her more in this movie than in Twilight. Dakota Fanning is all grown up! I thought the movie was ok. I would rather see a documentary on the band with real live footage. I did not know the drummer Sandy West died 4 years ago. Sad days.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Miss Congeniality