Page 81 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3156717879808182838491106131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2864

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    That's another one I've got in my DVD library that I haven't opened yet. May have to watch it in the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Please do. It's also got a great score by Thomas Newman that will tug on your strings the way Finding Nemo does.
    Regarding Road to Perdition, I agree with Coheteboy. Beautiful, quiet, moving story. One of my favorites.

Superman-Batman: Apocalypse - The latest direct-to-video release from Warner Bros Animation and DC Universe. I really wanted to like this more than I did. Funny thing is about a third of the way through, I finally remembered that I actually didn't enjoy the original comic book issues that much either LOL! The positives: the WW and Big Barda fight choreography, Summer Glau's voice acting, gorgeous Michael Turner character designs (especially of the women, of course), and the Green Arrow bonus short.

• Infinitized!

At the theater last night:
    Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - It was good. I really enjoyed this one. Keep your eyes open for some cameos from the first movie, including the real estate lady, Bud Fox, the Talking Heads song, and of course a cameo by Oliver Stone. Funny thing was, part of it felt like watching a Michael Moore flick, by revisiting events that happened over the past couple years.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Regarding Road to Perdition, I agree with Coheteboy. Beautiful, quiet, moving story. One of my favorites.

Superman-Batman: Apocalypse - The latest direct-to-video release from Warner Bros Animation and DC Universe. I really wanted to like this more than I did. Funny thing is about a third of the way through, I finally remembered that I actually didn't enjoy the original comic book issues that much either LOL! The positives: the WW and Big Barda fight choreography, Summer Glau's voice acting, gorgeous Michael Turner character designs (especially of the women, of course), and the Green Arrow bonus short.
    I just finished watching this and enjoyed it quite a lot, actually. I regard it as a sequel to Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and actually prefer this one. This had some character development whereas SBPE was non stop fights pretty much.

Kevin Conroy as Batman is always a plus and Summer Glau made a pretty good Supergirl. I also like that they kept the same theme music.

• My prices are INSANE!

Just got back from watching Never Let Me Go.

Not my choice of movie. But my hubby cried his eyes out, so he liked it.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• ...is busy, please hold.

Let Me In

It was good, all of the european artistic view and dread pace that bothered some western audiences is obmitted, the romance is not robotic at all and Oskar/Owen doesn't have an orgasm after deafening Tom with a stick.There's a little more blood and better development and use of the Hakan/Father character. Yet the CG is terrible, looking at parts too animated and unfinished.

It's good, but the majority of fans will find the film's existence unwanted.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Beauty and the Beast... was great to see it in the theater finally AND singing along!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I was expecting to REALLY hate it ... I didn't particularly LOVE it, but it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen. Nothing I need to see again, but it was worth the rental I guess.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

TAKING OF PELHAM 123 - The new one. I liked it. It's expertly shot, a lot of it in real locations so there's a certain level of raw energy I appreciated. I never seen the original so I have nothing to compare with but I enjoyed it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

hmm....what movie have i seen lately?

oh! i finally saw The Breakfast Club yesterday, LOVED IT!!! it's like i wish i could have that special bond they have spending the day in detention
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Disneyland PAP

Beauty and the Beast: The original theatrical cut – Popped in my new Blu-ray disc last night. Did not believe the image would pop that much! B&tB looks beautiful in high def. Oddly, I get the sense they worked hard on the crispness and colors because there are so many computer animated films out there now, they wanted this to compare well to them. And it does. The sound was great too (first time I noticed a change in aural quality at the beginning when Belle's outside then goes inside the bookseller's shop, sounding exactly like she went from outdoors to speaking inside a building). And I blame the heightened picture quality as the reason for bawling like a baby throughout the flick, lol! Sentimental me.

• MiceChat Moderator

I popped in the bluray wanting to see the version shown at the NY Film Festival. But it's not on there. I'll have to watch my previous DVD release.

• Infinitized!

Continued my Halloween movie viewing with...
    Creepshow: This was the first time I saw it since the early mid-80s. I think I was about 5 or 6 when I first saw it. Back then, to a little kid it was creepy. Now, it was way more funny than creepy. This movie is sort of like the Twilight Zone movie (sans helicopter) where it consists of 5 short stories. Created by the king himself, Stephen King wrote it and starred in one of the segments. It's odd though, I only remembered the first three stories, Father's Day - Where dad want's a cake - look for a young Ed Harris, The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill starring Stephen King as a hillbilly that has an encounter with a strange meteor - talk about greening the earth - literally, Something to Tide You Over starring a revenge seeking Leslie Nielsen and buried-up-to-his-neck Ted Danson. The next two stories were the ones I couldn't remember: The Crate starring Hal Holbrook as a college professor who discovers a new specimen hiding in a crate at the college (the creature reminded me of the one that appeared in the Twilight Zone movie), and finally, They're Creeping Up On You starring E.G. Marshall (one of the grandpas in Christmas Vacation) as a ruthless business man who has a roach problem. This last story was the funniest and I think King was poking fun at Howard Hughes a little bit here. One of the Disney World references was amusing. There is also a bookend story that features the comic book from wence the stories purportedly originated. Fun movie. I'm glad I revisted it after all these years.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I popped in the bluray wanting to see the version shown at the NY Film Festival. But it's not on there. I'll have to watch my previous DVD release.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. What a drag. I was gonna trade in my DVD, but I guess I can't now.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Beauty and the Beast: The original theatrical cut – Popped in my new Blu-ray disc last night. Did not believe the image would pop that much! B&tB looks beautiful in high def. Oddly, I get the sense they worked hard on the crispness and colors because there are so many computer animated films out there now, they wanted this to compare well to them. And it does. The sound was great too (first time I noticed a change in aural quality at the beginning when Belle's outside then goes inside the bookseller's shop, sounding exactly like she went from outdoors to speaking inside a building). And I blame the heightened picture quality as the reason for bawling like a baby throughout the flick, lol! Sentimental me.
    i'd like to experience this minus the bawling like a baby! downloading now!

i just watched Piranha.. uhm.. yeah; mindless gore flick with a lot of female chest revealing...
    Last edited by plagued; 10-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    -plagued

• MiceChat Moderator

THE CRIMSON WING: MYSTERY OF THE FLAMINGO -- Not quite as good as EARTH or OCEANS, this film focuses its entire duration on the flamingos that breed and migrate in and around Africa. The flamingo itself... isn't very fascinating to me. And DisneyNature's method of storytelling doesn't give you all the details. They're trying more to tell a story rather than educate. But for an hour and 18 minutes, I rather be fed as much information as possible... especially if we're spending the entire time on one animal.

The footage as always is stunning, but since it revolves around the same lake, it's not as visually striking as Earth or Oceans.