Page 9 of 191 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459109 ... LastLast

• Animation Domination

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    District 9- Cal State Fullerton was showing it. This movie is awesome, and I can't wait to get it on DVD. If anything, the ending was a little too long.
    I found out to late that Cal State Fullerton was showing it. I already made plans to head to the gym instead of watching District 9. Cal State Fullerton also showed Up and Star Trek a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 11-21-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Animation Domination

Citizen Kane- Great movie! It was my second time watching it. Very well made. What would be your Rosebud? The snow goble made Kane remember about his life before he left home and lived with Thatcher.
    "You are watching FOX"

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Citizen Kane- Great movie! It was my second time watching it. Very well made. What would be your Rosebud? The snow goble made Kane remember about his life before he left home and lived with Thatcher.
    Have you seen RKO 281? It's about what was going on during the making of citizen Kane. I liked it. In RKO 281 they do insinuate walt disney was a child molester though. overall the movie was good.

what would be my rosebud? ummm you do know what rose bud was in reference to....right?

I started watching snow white, but feel asleep. Then I watched some of the old Christmas cartoons, but they have pretty much lost their charm for me. They are still kind of cute though.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Have you seen RKO 281? It's about what was going on during the making of citizen Kane. I liked it. In RKO 281 they do insinuate walt disney was a child molester though. overall the movie was good.

what would be my rosebud? ummm you do know what rose bud was in reference to....right?
    Yeah, Rosebud was Kane's sled in the movie. In reality it's... gimmick. Others in the film thought Rosebud was something Kane couldn't have or lost.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Minion

Saw "A Christmas Carol" last weekend, and wasn't fond of it at all. It's a classic story, that wasn't the problem. I found the characters bizzare to watch, it really didn't seem like they were looking at eachother. And they added a chase scene that slowed the movie down. Just didn't work. As for motion capture in general, I enjoyed Beowulf, thought it was a decent use of the technology.

• Circle of Ancients

New Moon

I thought it was rather boring. I wanted to yell at Bella "GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!". There were some decent fight scenes though.

Star Trek (Blu Ray)

Still one of the best movies of 2009.

Monty Python's "And Now For Something Completely Different"

It's my kids first exposure to Python, my son seems to really like it. Maybe tomorrow we'll watch The Holy Grail. Don't think he's ready for Life of Brian or Meaning of Life yet.

• Banned User

Saw - yes again - "Astro Boy" with my niece visiting from Boca Raton. She's 12 and not really into the Twilight jazz (thank you God). Well, now she's totally in love with Astro Boy. Which is okay with me, because he's just the type of character you'd WANT your niece to fall in love with. Prior to him she had a crush on Kevin from Ben 10. Anyhoo, the movie holds up nicely upon a third viewing. There's so much detail packed into it you find new delights every time you see it. Shame it's being ignored by too many of the moviegoing public. If it had the Pixar name slapped on it people would be in raptures over it. It's marketing, not the content, that's at fault here.

• Shifting cargo

Some Like It Hot. That movie is one of the best there is! Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Marilyn Monroe- what's better???

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

We saw "2012" and ""Pirate Radio" last week. Both movies were thumbs-up. "2012" was a basic storyline, run to survive the end-of-the-world, small character arcs, but great graphic storytelling. "Pirate Radio" had in-depth character arcs, but was mostly foolish comedy. People who lived through the sixties would probably enjoy it more than the average audience.

• Minion

[QUOTE=sir clinksalot;1055674648]New Moon

I thought it was rather boring. I wanted to yell at Bella "GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!". There were some decent fight scenes though.

Star Trek (Blu Ray)

QUOTE]

New Moon- Havent seen yet!!!

Star Trek- I think that was my favorite movie this year!!!!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Just watched Up on DVD!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    New Moon

Star Trek (Blu Ray)

Monty Python's "And Now For Something Completely Different"

It's my kids first exposure to Python, my son seems to really like it. Maybe tomorrow we'll watch The Holy Grail. Don't think he's ready for Life of Brian or Meaning of Life yet.
    You saw New Moon over This is it?! Tsk tsk. Twilight was boring and I have no desire to see New Moon.

And I agree with you on the Star Trek. Good movie.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Last night I watched two great movies.

Fargo- My mom is always saying this was a great movie. I decided to watch it and I got to admit that this movie, IMO, was probably creepy and awesome at most. Funny? Not roll on the floor, but it was funny. It was really great hearing Hollywood actors doing a Midwest accent.

Gran Torino- Probably the best movie I've seen all year. I haven't seen it since August, and I still think this movie is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Yeah, Rosebud was Kane's sled in the movie. In reality it's... gimmick. Others in the film thought Rosebud was something Kane couldn't have or lost.
    maybe in the movie, but that movie was based on Hearst and his mistress and that's not what rosebud was to them.