Page 95 of 190 FirstFirst ... 45708592939495969798105120145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2840

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The one quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles that has lingered with me forever and ever is "Those aren't pillows!"

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This was on TV a couple of weeks ago. Not as well received as the others but still one of my favorites. I liked the angrier side of Harry here, and was a bit disappointed it got a little lost in Half-Blood Prince. Looking forward to seeing Deathly Hallows.
    When I first saw this, I was really disappointed with it. At the time, I blamed the director, David Yates, since it was his first time doing a Harry Potter film. Then when it was announced that Yates was returning to direct the next one, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I was so bummed. Color me surprised when I eventually saw Prince and enjoyed it a lot! Now I blame the screenwriter of Order, since it's the only one of the films not adapted by Steve Kloves.

(The Complete) Metropolis - My shipment from Amazon arrived today, and I couldn't wait to see this new Blu-ray, of a film I'd heard was a classic but had never yet seen before. After watching it, all I can say is "Wow!" Very epic, very iconic, very imaginative, very visually exciting. And in my brain, I couldn't stop thinking this was filmed in 1928!! I read a review that claimed this film was as visually groundbreaking at the time as Avatar is today and it's easy to see that might've been the case. Always interesting to see acting styles of the 1920's (this one's a silent film), but this one, as melodramatic as it is, is well nuanced and well edited to really deliver an emotional, entertaining story. This version includes 25 minutes of recently discovered footage that was cut after the film first premiered and apparently hasn't been seen in decades. So they promoted it as The Complete Metropolis. Because the found footage was damaged, you can tell which scenes were added to the rest of the film which looked outstanding because the rest had been digitally remastered. But that made the experience interesting too from the standpoint of noticing what parts had been excited all these years and now added back in. Too late tonight now to watch the bonus making-of feature, but looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

• Metal Head loves Disney

Toy Story 3

Funny how it's still emotional even after knowing what happens next.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• MiceChat Moderator

Last night saw TANGLED again for the 2nd time. Still an enjoyable ride. Go see it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Last night saw TANGLED again for the 2nd time. Still an enjoyable ride. Go see it!
    Planning on seeing it again (hopefully) this weekend. Also have my Happiest Millionaire DVD I got from Disney Movie Rewards sitting on the coffee table, waiting to be watched as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Toy Story 3

Great movie. I got choked up again at the end. You really get attached to these characters after 15 years.

• Goofy

burlesque with christina aguilera and cher. good movie and christina just rocks the movie. great movie.

Yesterday a German TV Station celbrated a "Disney Day" and showed the whole day just Disney movies. The first movie we saw was "Toy Story". Then we watched "Camp Rock 2" followed by "Princess Protection Program".

On the Afternoon we saw "Tarzan" followed by "Pirates of the Caribbean 2". The last movie was "Enchanted". Between all the movie there were "Making Of" videos about "Tangled". One was very cool, because the moderator visited the WD Animation Studios in Burbank.

• Disneyland PAP

Tarzan the Ape Man (1932) - Was in the mood to watch another black and white film after Metropolis, so after collecting dust on my shelf for at least two years, I finally unwrapped by Tarzan Movie Collection DVDs to watch this one. I don't think I ever saw it before, but it's an interesting film to watch these days. There's a lot of "jungle life" scenes in the beginning, trying to show audience back in the day a dramatic overview life in Africa and how jungle animals "really" are there. The treatment of the locals by the leads is pretty brutal tho' - whipping the slaves while they carry packs and trunks for them through the jungle. Kinda odd too seeing Commisioner Gordon himself Neil Hamilton doing the whipping and berating, but the more discomforting fact was that he seemed to do it really well, with that aire of arrogant superiority. Anyway, surviving crossing a river full of hippos and alligators (oh, my!), Tarzan finally shows up and Weissmuller's pretty charming and spry climbing those trees. I LOL'd a lot at the scenes between Tarzan and Jane. Oh, how they skirt around what's really on their minds to make it as innocent but interesting as possible, a strong, handsome, half-naked brute arm and arm with a beautiful, darling little lady. As silly as it was (nowadays, with the Discovery Channel playing 24/7), I was entertained.

• Infinitized!

From my DVD library, continuing my holiday moviethon:
    White Christmas - It's the first time I've seen it. Quite enjoyable.

At the theater this evening:
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Great movie. Can't wait for the finale.

• Circle of Ancients

Bob& Carol&Ted & Alice- First time I have seen this movie. In regards to being a 1969 film, it was done well and the storyline kept me intrigued. I did laugh at some parts being it was so out dated, I got the gist of it. Pretty good movie.

• Disneyland PAP

Modern Times - There are so many movies considered "classics" that I've finally gotten around to watching since I bought myself a PS3 and HDTV. Here's the latest. I don't think I've ever seen an entire Charlie Chaplin film before, just bits and pieces. Didn't really know much about the story before watching, but wow, it's just as easy to relate to today as it must've been when it first came out. Not the best comedy I'd ever seen, but I LOL'd a lot because I love love love slapstick. The romance in it surprised me too; didn't know there'd be that angle to a Little Tramp flick either.

Fantasia 2000 - It's late so after Times, I chose the shorter of the two Fantasia films to watch tonight before going to bed. It was a nice surprise to see the tribute to Roy Disney added right before the movie. I remember seeing this in IMAX when it was first released and being warned that "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" would look grainy blown up to the large format compared to the rest of the film. And it did, but on this Blu-ray, Mickey and Retlaw look so good. This sequel's definitely easier to enjoy over the longer predecessor. And the bits are a lot more fun. I'd forgotten about the toy soldier short; I think that's my favorite. But really, all of them are really entertaining.

Tangled... Loved it

• MiceChat Moderator

I watched mostly behind the scenes from FANTASIA 2000 and was surprised that the documentary about Destino would be an hour and a half! I had to watch DESTINO after that of course and I have a deeper appreciation for it. But due to the length of it all, no time for watching any normal movies!

• Metal Head loves Disney

Tangled

Repost from my facebook.

Go See Tangled if you haven't done so already! It's got all the elements of a Disney classic, great story telling, evil villain, heroic main character, musical performances, and over coming the odds! They sure went out all for being Disney's 50th animated film, and they sure did not disappoint!
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC