Page 96 of 192 FirstFirst ... 46718693949596979899106121146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2873

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Disney's A Christmas Carol

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Really nothing new except an advancement in the technology used in The Polar Express. The story has been told SO many times and there was absolutely nothing new about it. Honestly, the most interesting thing about it was the special feature to watch the movie with them showing the motion capture with it. That's kind of sad.

• Rock Star Minion

The other day, I recorded "It Happened one Night." One of the all-time classics.

Quick gaffe note: while Clark Gable is driving along from NYC back to some place in New Jersey to Claudette Colbert, there is a US Highway 101 signpost on the side of the road. This was probably filmed in The Valley or Ventura County (or further north).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Disney's A Christmas Carol

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Really nothing new except an advancement in the technology used in The Polar Express. The story has been told SO many times and there was absolutely nothing new about it. Honestly, the most interesting thing about it was the special feature to watch the movie with them showing the motion capture with it. That's kind of sad.
    The Scrooge McDuck version is better.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Without question

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

The Expendables. I loved it!
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• Infinitized!

Continuing my holiday moviethon...

A Nightmare Before Christmas - Still great. First time in awhile that I've seen it. Got the songs stuck in my head now.

The Year Without a Santa Claus - Ok not a full-length feature but close. Haven't seen this one in more then ten years. Love the Miser bros.

• secure all cargo

Tangled. Solid princess movie, really funny, well told story, contemporary without resorting to pop-culture references, good animation. I think this will hold up well over time. I'd read how Glen Keane was really trying to get the film to have a softer look as if it were actually hand drawn and painted rather than "programmed" and it looks like they're starting in the right direction.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I liked this movie, but compared to the other six I'd probably rank it near the bottom. It's got quite a bit of action, and while exciting I've never felt action was David Yates strongest suit. Story wise, this isn't just a dark film like the last few, it's bleak and grim. There's a sense of hopeless helplessness that pervades the tone as if the obstacles they face are insurmountable. I have a feeling the whole thing will hold up better for me once I've seen Part 2.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I have a feeling that once Part 2 comes out, it will complement Part 1 VERY well. When viewed as a complete film it will probably end up being the best of the series.

At least I hope so.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Love that version.

Tangled. I liked it. I liked all the knitting references. I want Atillas' tattoo. I really thought it was interesting how they had American accents, that initially kinda' weirded me out because fairy tales are all very European to me. Go over that. Liked Eugene. I kept expecting something to happen, in a sorta' "Beauty and the Beast" way to make it all... yay at the end.

• secure all cargo

posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ I have a feeling that once Part 2 comes out, it will complement Part 1 VERY well. When viewed as a complete film it will probably end up being the best of the series.
    It makes me wonder if people who've read the entire book enjoyed the movie more than me who doesn't know the whole story yet.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    It makes me wonder if people who've read the entire book enjoyed the movie more than me who doesn't know the whole story yet.
    I've read all the books, so it is hard for me to see the films as simply films. I see and enjoy them as adaptations of the books, and for Part 1, I loved it mostly because a majority of the material in the book made it into the movie unlike the rest of the movies (except maybe the first one) which didn't have the "luxury" of being two-part films.

Tarzan and His Mate - Continuing into the next film in my Tarzan movie set is this second Weissmuller film. Man, what a fun adventure (again, setting aside some dated silliness)! I don't usually side with doing remakes, but I think this one would do really well if remade today. Its leads are scantily clad, sexy and charming and the story has a lot of interesting arcs for the main characters. But I don't know who would pull off an acceptable Tarzan or Jane today. As a side note, I went online to look up trivia about this film; now how did I not ever hear that Maureen O'Sullivan is Mia Farrow's mother!? I was so surprised that that bit of trivia never reached my geeky ears.

• My prices are INSANE!

Black Swan

Excellent film! But not for everyone.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Infinitized!

From my DVD library:

Clash of the Titans (2010) - Good action, good effects, but the script could've used a little polishing - mainly the setup of the different scenes.

Fantasia - Still fantastic. I haven't actually seen it on DVD yet, until now. I can finlly retire my VHS copy.

Fantasia 2000 - Haven't seen it since its theatrical release. A great follow-up to the original. I wonder if Disney will perhaps re-visit Fantasia.

I ordered that Blu-Ray player thru Disney Movie Rewards and am hoping to get a new computer with an HD monitor sometime this week. Can't wait to watch the two Fantasias in HD.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Tangled- Excellent, excellent movie. Not the slap stick, dead comedy I was expecting when I saw the first teasers for this film. It actually had a solid story and you can't go wrong with Alan Menken as composer. And that Flynn isn't the 'dumb jock' as everyone thinks he is (watch the ending).

Two thumbs up from me!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Tangled- for the 4th time. this is seriously my new favorite Disney movie, my new favorite Disney princess, my new favorite Disney prince(?), my new favorite Disney animals, and while the villian isn't my favorite (Scar), she's insanely clever by having Rapunzel trust her as a mother when she really wasn't her mother. and i'm seriously kinda in love with Flynn, possibly more than John Smith. i think. actually yeah, more than John Smith, cause technically Zachary Levi is way hotter than Mel Gibson.
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post