Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Star Trek' sequel 5/17/2013

Paramount has plotted a course for May 17, 2013, for its next Star Trek sequel, which it plans to shoot in 3D. The release date slots the sci-fi franchise into a very busy tentpole-filled May 2013, coming right after Marvel/Disney's Iron Man 3 and Warner Bros.' Guillermo del Toro-directed Pacific Rim.

Earlier this year, director-producer J.J. Abrams, who directed the first Trek reboot, was tied up with Super 8 and hadn't committed to directing the new episode, forcing the studio to abandon its original date of June 29, 2012. But the studio's announcement of a new release date for Summer 2013 indicates that Abrams is happy with the status of the script from Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof.

The 2009 Star Trek movie grossed $386 million worldwide. Paramount, looking to the way Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. relaunched the Batman franchise with Batman Begins, is hoping the newly refurbished Starship Enterprise will reach even greater heights with this second installment.
    Paramount's 'Star Trek' Sequel to Open May 17, 2013 - Hollywood Reporter
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Infinitized!

Re: 'Star Trek' sequel 5/17/2013

Live long and Prosper. What's del Toro's Pacific Rim about, and when will he deliver his new Haunted Mansion movie?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Great to know that Paramount and Abrams have the Enterprising spirit again. Hope William Shatner will be on board. Beam me up in 3D, rebooted Scotty!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Pilot EdForceOne

this film totally sold me on JJ Abrams.. so looking forward to this
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

When I toured Paramount last week they mentioned a new Star Trek was going to be filmed

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    When I toured Paramount last week they mentioned a new Star Trek was going to be filmed
    Sounds like Paramount is stoked about it, too.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Sounds like Paramount is stoked about it, too.
    Definitely! She asked if their were any Trekie fans and she said to stay tuned for the next one and that filming would get under way soon

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I so totally loved Star Trek the prequel. And am very much looking forward to seeing it's sequel.
    A sequel to Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. is slated for release in the US on the 16th of December of this year. I loved it's original, as I love the lead actors too. Especially RD Jr.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515091/
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Definitely! She asked if their were any Trekie fans and she said to stay tuned for the next one and that filming would get under way soon
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    I so totally loved Star Trek the prequel. And am very much looking forward to seeing it's sequel.
    A sequel to Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. is slated for release in the US on the 16th of December of this year. I loved it's original, as I love the lead actors too. Especially RD Jr.

The new Trek can't come soon enough. I' also looking forward to Downey's upcoming new Sherlock Holms, and his Avengers flick.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515091/

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Great to know that Paramount and Abrams have the Enterprising spirit again. Hope William Shatner will be on board. Beam me up in 3D, rebooted Scotty!
    It looks like this will be a sequel to the prequel, with the cast from that movie. So many of the original actors are either dead or.... old, so they are going back in time to the early days of the Enterprise for their stories.

I personally will be glad when the 3D craze is over. I don't like to watch movies in 3D. When you ware glasses, its hard to put the 3D ones over your regular glasses and get a good view. And as much as I am a big Trekkie fan, I never saw the most recent installment of the franchise, and not sure if I'll see this one. It took me forever to warm up to TNG, and I enjoyed DS9, but any of the shows after that... eh... not so much. I'd like to see another TNG movie, but again.... actors move on, get older and I don't think anyone else could ever be Data as convincingly as Bret Spiner. But as a Trekkie, I appreciate the studio trying to keep the franchise alive.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Great news. The Re-Boot was great and totally breathed new life into the franchise. You should watch it Pengy.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And as much as I am a big Trekkie fan, I never saw the most recent installment of the franchise, and not sure if I'll see this one. It took me forever to warm up to TNG, and I enjoyed DS9, but any of the shows after that... eh... not so much
    This is a totally different direction then those TV series and I can't encourage you enough to check out the last film. It reminds me much more of ST:II then the later films or TV shows. It's fresh, it has a good story, sets up a whole new universe for the franchise, and its a good balance of effects. There are a ton of tips and throwbacks laid all throughout the film that makes it fun for fans of the old stuff too.

I can not stress enough.. GO SEE THAT FILM. It's that good.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• WDW CM & HM fan

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    This is a totally different direction then those TV series and I can't encourage you enough to check out the last film. It reminds me much more of ST:II then the later films or TV shows. It's fresh, it has a good story, sets up a whole new universe for the franchise, and its a good balance of effects. There are a ton of tips and throwbacks laid all throughout the film that makes it fun for fans of the old stuff too.

I can not stress enough.. GO SEE THAT FILM. It's that good.
    I agree. The 2009 film wasn't really a prequel, as it was an alternate timeline for lack of better words. Remember, in ST:TOS ep "The Menagerie" we find out that Spock served with Capt. Pike before he ended up with Kirk - that doesn't happen in the 2009 film.

been watching all ST shows since the early 1970s when I was a little girl. Was not so fond of ST:V but loved ST: DS9 and ST:E (the only series I have on DVD). And the correct reference is Trekker....
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• will-o-the-whip

I liked the prequel and will see this new sequel, but I would be much more stoked for a new TV series. I think Trek works best in episodic format, and not as well in movie one-offs. It's such a rich universe of characters, aliens, technology and culture that it deserves a series to explore it all. Unfortunately Paramount misfired badly with Enterprise and now they're gun-shy to commit to a new series. Hopefully they change their minds at some point and continue with the timeline after the end of DS9 and Voy.

• Tomorrow's Child

^The problem with carrying on in that time period is that its been done. So I'd think they'd be cautious of going down that route. Sure they could look into the Titan series (but I'd hope not, that's too daft for words for me).

At least Enterprise was in "new" territory. I'd love to see them revisit the post Earth-Romulan war era. Plenty of scope there.

Anyway, at least with the new film they can more or less do what they like. Which is to its benefit.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast