• -

Michael Bay Confirms Release Date of Transformers 4

From Michael Bay’s Website:

HOLLYWOOD, CA (February 13, 2012) – Paramount Pictures announced today that director Michael Bay has signed a two-picture deal with the studio, which will commence this spring with the filming of “Pain and Gain,” and will be followed by the next installment in the hit “Transformers” franchise.

Based on a true story, “Pain and Gain” follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. First told in an article from the Miami New Times, “Pain and Gain,” will be directed by Bay and will star Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Expected to begin production in early spring, the movie’s producers include Bay, Donald De Line and Ian Bryce.

Following “Pain and Gain,” Bay will bring audiences a new take on the “Transformers” franchise as he begins production on the fourth installment in the hit series of movies based on the best-selling Hasbro toyline. The third, and most recent installment of the franchise, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” is the fourth highest global grossing film of all time with 1.124 billion dollars of worldwide box office success. Directed by Bay, the movie will re-unite the filmmaking team from the hit franchise, including producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Ian Bryce; and executive producers Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Paramount Pictures will release the film on June 27th, 2014.

“Michael has been working on PAIN AND GAIN for a number of years but has patiently waited for the perfect casting to trigger a start," said Adam Goodman, President of Paramount’s Film Group. "Clearly his patience has paid off as we couldn't be more excited about this combo. His passion for this project is just awesome."
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Michael Bay Confirms Release Date of Transformers 4

2014 too far away.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    2014 too far away.
    I can wait. LOL.

• keh!

it should be delayed even longer.

• Infinitized!

2014 too far away.
    Don't worry, explosive-happy Michael Bay will blow up the world on Dec 21, 2012... it has been prophesied by the Mayans.

• -

I wonder if the new one is going to be a reboot since all the Decepticons died at the end of the last one. Bay did mention it would be a new take on the Transformers. I enjoyed the other three, but hopefully, if he does reboot it, it will be truer to the source material. It would be great if it was a retro-80's film and all the robots had their vintage appearances.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator

It NEEDS to be a reboot. The story problems of Transformers 3 definitely stemmed from the poorly written (or lack of a written) Transformers 2.

But regardless... these films are always quite the spectacle and I more or less enjoy it. Despite how bad they can get.

• -

There is more news on this today. An article on E! online confirmed that the original cast would not be returning and that the new one is a reboot.

Bye, bye, robots!

News hit earlier this week that Michael Bay is developing a fourth Transformers flick, but the fate of the original cast remained a mystery.

Until now...

"I don't think anybody's doing it," Josh Duhamel told us last night at the launch party for Sony PlayStation's new PS Vita portable entertainment system. "I know Shia [LaBoeuf]'s not doing it. I don't think Tyrese or Rosie [Huntington-Whiteley] or anybody else is doing it."

Of course, Duhamel isn't surprised that Paramount Pictures is continuing the franchise.

"Whenever these movies make that much money they're going to make as many as they can," he said. "[But] I haven't heard anything about it. They haven't called me."

Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura recently told MTV News that the Transformers creative team plan to reboot the series with a new storyline, but did say that Optimus and Bumblebee will likely be back. It's expected to hit theaters in June 2014.

• MiceChat Moderator

Excellent. Let's focus more on the robots and not the human MAIN CHARACTERS.

• -

Excellent. Let's focus more on the robots and not the human MAIN CHARACTERS.
    Exaclty. Let the humans be reserved as secondary characters like on the cartoon. Instead of Sam Witwiki, call him Spike and have him wear the same tan shirt and yellow boots every day of his life like on the show.

• Goofy

can't wait to see that movie.