• Minion

Titanic in 3D: A review

Hey guys! So I was fortunate to see a screening of Titanic in 3D on Valentine's Day, February 14th. The movie doesn't come out until April 4th in 3D so this was a special treat! I received my screening tickets at Gofobo | See Movies First. Win Prizes Fast. a great website that has many opportunities to see screenings of new movies in your area before they are released to the general public.

The Wait

So I knew this was going to be a popular event as they sell out the theater to ensure they have a full house. I received two tickets and went to the theater about 3 hours before the movie started. There was no line set so I just stood by where I believed the line was going to be. About thirty minutes later a group of people came up to me and told me they were in front of me as they had been sitting in another area waiting since 1:00PM. I told them that that was fine and they could get in front of me when the line does form, but it wasn't set up at this point. I'm telling you guys this because some people that come to these events are hardcore, so I just let them do their thing. I tried not to get frustrated. The theater setup the line around 4:00 PM. Are tickets were then scanned and we were each given a boarding pass with a number on it. I liked this idea because it didn't allow people to cut and make the line longer. When my boyfriend arrived he had to go to the back of the line, but I had no issues saving him a seat inside the theater.

Name:  398372_10150668340391942_591841941_10869636_980261372_n-1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  29.6 KB
    The boarding pass that was your ticket in and doubled as a keepsake!

The Entertainment and Goodies!

I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of entertainment they had available. They had a classical band playing songs from the movie, a person doing caricatures, a photo booth, and a Titanic Trivia content where I won first place and a basket full of goodies! Everyone received a Titanic 3D poster,Titanic 3D T shirt, Titanic 3D glasses and a small drink and popcorn upon entering the theater. I was very surprised with everything, as this event was totally free!

Name:  titanic.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  83.5 KB
    The poster we received:

The Movie

OK, now for the star of the night, the movie itself! First I'd like to say the last time I saw Titanic on the big screen I was nine years old and still remember it to this day. The movie had a very big impression on me. When the movie came out to VHS I watched it almost everyday for a year! I also do have some family history with the ship as my great-grandmother traveled to America on the doomed liner in 1912 and survived. So the story has a special place in my heart. The visual effects in the movie are still impressive in 2012 and are even better with the 3D technology. The movie Titanic wasn't filmed in 3D so if you look closely with this version the background is what's done in 3D and the actors up close are not. This makes the movie have a depth technique. The only real 3D things that popped out were little things like going underwater in the first scene where they're exploring the wreckage. At least that's all I could tell. The movie of course does suffer from some script issues, but the real star is the ship itself which literally took my breath away in 3D.

My Rating: 41/2 stars out of 5

If you're a Titanic lover and a fan of the movie you will want to see this re-release when it comes to your local theater. The movie has everything, drama, comedy, special effects, and a great cast. If you're not a big fan of the movie, I would skip this one. It would be pointless to pay $13 for a 3D movie that you can watch at home on your own television. This re-release is going to be popular with fans of the movie and those too young to remember seeing it on the big screen Titanic in 3D comes out on April 4th 2012 in RealD 3D and Imax 3D. For more information, visit the official movie website at Titanic | Trailer & Official Movie Site | In 3D April 2012
    Jeff Wayne

• Halloween 2011

Re: Titanic in 3D: A review

Well that relieves some of my fears. I had horrible feelings that we'd see bodies falling from the ship popping out into the audience in lurid detail.

Gotta love the Round Up, otherwise I never would have seen this thread!

Thanks for your review, sounded like a really cool experience.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I have a sinking feeling that I wouldn't want to see a true-life disaster film that features somebody banging up against a giant propeller and shredded in 3-D.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that I wouldn't want to see a true-life disaster film that features somebody banging up against a giant propeller and shredded in 3-D.
    So true. That's the last thing I want to see in 3D.

Great Titanic review! I'm probably not going to see it though; I think I've seen it enough times for at least another 5 years. I think I'm more interested in the rumors surrounding the director.

Kate Winlset defends James Cameron's temper on set of 'Titanic,' India's Censor Board passes previously censored scene for 3D release | TheCelebrityCafe.com