Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Oscars

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 2012 Oscars

Don't we have these same conversations every year after the Oscars, yet we all end up watching next year anyway?

I do agree with the article, it would have been nice to have a Harry Potter tribute and it would have brought in some viewers.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Don't we have these same conversations every year after the Oscars, yet we all end up watching next year anyway?

I do agree with the article, it would have been nice to have a Harry Potter tribute and it would have brought in some viewers.

Yah, it would have been better to tribute Harry Potter than another "WE LOVE MOVIES!" segment. But I would also prefer they have some sort of song/score melody so we can really hear why they're nominated. I think the best song category most of all needs the most reworking.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Patrick Goldstein's piece in the L.A. Times sorta says it all...
    Well I would have loved a Potter tribute but....that could lead to Twilight tributes and I don't want to see that...

Why the awards sucked is cause movies sucked last year....even Potter which was good was not "filmed" as well as the last two and had too much CGI which made it feel much less realistic then the last two.

I do know if this year will get better...it will have a lot of "fun" films like Lolax, Paranormal, Brave, Avengers, Spiderman, Dark Knight Rises, the Hunger Games, The Hobbit and Wreck-it-Ralph will be good but Im guess most of them wont win any awards

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    BORRRRRING. The only categories that are interesting are Best Picture, Actor, Actress, Supportings, Director and Best animated. Who cares about the rest? I saw The Artist the other night from a screener. It was absolutely fantastic... to put me to sleep. I can't believe that won Best Picture. People tell me it's better if you see it in the theater. I know why. Because you're stuck and can't get up and do something else. It was difficult to just sit there and watch. I ended up falling asleep.

Oh, and like Meryl Streep needed another Oscar? Did anybody even see her movie? But of course Viola Davis wouldn't win. They already gave a black actress an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. They can't give two Oscars in the same night for the same year to black actresses.
    Meryl loooked like she didn't want the award. Viola Davis is a GOOD actress and could get an oscar one day, but some of the Viola's scenes that were filmed or acted were somewhat rough. It could because they pick the wrong 'take' for some scenes. This might be a reason why she lost. She did a good perfomance. Octavia however, was a win that was deserved. Octavia acted very simple as Minny, and her protrayal was pretty much what Minny was liked in the book (Kathryn stockett could be responsible as she wanted and possibly based(?) Octavia as Minny).

I think the Oscar theme was NOT "we love the movies" but go and watch the movies where they originated, the movie theater, instead of on DVD/Blu-Ray, iPad, etc.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 03-02-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelled the first mention of 'oscar' as 'oscae' and 'originated' as 'orignated'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12