Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Shadows trailer

The trailer for Dark Shadows is now online:
    Dark Shadows - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

• Infinitized!

Re: Dark Shadows trailer

I remember watching the re-booted show in 1991. But I don't remember it being a comedy?

I can see where Burton was going with Johnny's look, a non-demonic version of Max Shrek in Nosferatu - he's got the same hands and a similar looking wardrobe.

I'm still not sure about this one. Looks like they did to this the same thing they did with the 21 Jump Street movie.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Holy mother of....

Ok, so maybe I live in a different world because I remember watching the first Dark Shadows (yes, the one in the 60's I am that old) but this is just... just... I just don't know what this is... I may watch it, but except for the fact that Johnny Depps character has the same name as a character in the original series there is nothing between the two that has any connection.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• "Always On The Move..."

I'm a HUGE DS fan (both the original and the re-boot) and I can hardly wait for this to come out! You can already pick out the characters from the trailer. It being Tim Burton and Johnny Depp I already had a feeling of what I was in for. This trailer seems to have the DS fans firmly into two camps. The "I love it and can hardly wait" and the "I despise it" ones. All my friends who are DS fans are in the "I love it" camp. Of course being Tim Burton and JD fans probably helped that.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Pirates Fanatic

Question Question

Does anyone on here who has seen this new Dark Shadows movie know if it has any bloody scenes in it ?
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Disneyland PAP

^ I don't recall bloody scenes. But Barnabas does quench his thirst at times, in the film's only scary moments which are brief. And when he does, he forgets to wipe his chin and change his shirt immediately afterwards.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    ^ I don't recall bloody scenes. But Barnabas does quench his thirst at times, in the film's only scary moments which are brief. And when he does, he forgets to wipe his chin and change his shirt immediately afterwards.
    Oh, okay. Thank you for letting me know . I have been wondering about that for a while, since i had first found out about this new Dark Shadows movie.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, there are bloody scenes--the one with blood all over Barnabas being one of them. As a fan of the original series--along with being an even bigger fan of the NBC prime time version--I have to say that this latest version of Dark Shadows is still worth seeing. One has to go into it with the attitude of simply accepting it for what it is. My only disappointment with it was how they wrote the Dr. Julia Hoffman character, along with the Roger Collins character. Both were portrayed in ways that might just insult the fans of these two characters. Otherwise, Tim Burton's version is very worthwhile and my sisters and I intend to conjur it up inside our crystal ball so we can watch it all over again.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Yes, there are bloody scenes--the one with blood all over Barnabas being one of them. As a fan of the original series--along with being an even bigger fan of the NBC prime time version--I have to say that this latest version of Dark Shadows is still worth seeing. One has to go into it with the attitude of simply accepting it for what it is. My only disappointment with it was how they wrote the Dr. Julia Hoffman character, along with the Roger Collins character. Both were portrayed in ways that might just insult the fans of these two characters. Otherwise, Tim Burton's version is very worthwhile and my sisters and I intend to conjur it up inside our crystal ball so we can watch it all over again.
    If i am not mistaken, Isn't there a scene in this new Dark Shadows movie, where Johnny Depp's character Barnabas Collins bites a mans neck when he is already a Vampire and alot of blood is shown, that spews out of the mans neck ?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I have never seen the show, but I enjoyed the film.

I wouldn't consider any of the blood to be overly graphic, but it is also not a question I would have asked.

• Minion

ORDDU: I believe you are correct about that bloody scene, Sean B, duckling. But I don't recall for certain off hand. My sisters and I will have to see the movie a second time to confirm.

ORWEN: I thought it was interesting that this version of DS merged the two characters of Victoria Winters and Maggie Evans. In the original version they were two separate people and Barnabas was torn between his love for both of them. But Maggie Evans was the actual reincarnation of Josette. Victoria Winters was the first governess to come to Collinwood in search of her own identity and when she couldn't seem to find enough clues to help her in her quest, the writer just dropped that storyline and focused on the supernatural aspects and Victoria was eventually written out of the show, anyway, and then Barnabas focused more on his love for Maggie Evans again. But it was interesting that this new DS has Maggie Evans just pretending to be Victoria Winters.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    I believe you are correct about that bloody scene, Sean B, duckling. But I don't recall for certain off hand. My sisters and I will have to see the movie a second time to confirm.
    So there is a bloody scene that Johnny Depp's character Barnabas Collins bites a mans neck and blood comes spewing out of the mans neck ? If or when you see the new Dark Shadows movie again can you let me know ?

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    So there is a bloody scene that Johnny Depp's character Barnabas Collins bites a mans neck and blood comes spewing out of the mans neck ? If or when you see the new Dark Shadows movie again can you let me know ?
    That scene does happens but as my old brain recalls, it is without any blood spewing, nothing that graphic. In fact, I think there are only two or three biting scenes in the film; the majority of the movie is telling the soap opera nature of the storyline. When Barnabas bites, his head is buried in his victim's neck, and when he raises his head, that's when you see blood painted around his mouth and maybe his fangs. When he first arrives in present day, there's also a lot of blood all over his clothes too because, well, it's been a while.

But Witches of Morva can confirm for sure if he does go back to watch it again.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post

There is a website called Kids in Mind that rates movies on a scale from 1 -10 according to the amount of sex, violence and language they have so you can know ahead of time what you will encounter during any movie you might want to see. The reviewers are very detailed and their info is helpful in making a decision on whether or not a movie is appropriate or not. I use them all the time!

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    That scene does happens but as my old brain recalls, it is without any blood spewing, nothing that graphic. In fact, I think there are only two or three biting scenes in the film; the majority of the movie is telling the soap opera nature of the storyline. When Barnabas bites, his head is buried in his victim's neck, and when he raises his head, that's when you see blood painted around his mouth and maybe his fangs. When he first arrives in present day, there's also a lot of blood all over his clothes too because, well, it's been a while.

But Witches of Morva can confirm for sure if he does go back to watch it again.
    Would you say that it's too graphic though for anyone who's almost 12 years old ? I have an 11 year old brother who wanted to see Dark Shadows like it do, and i'm not sure if it would be okay for him to see it with me, when i get it on Blu-ray later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    There is a website called Kids in Mind that rates movies on a scale from 1 -10 according to the amount of sex, violence and language they have so you can know ahead of time what you will encounter during any movie you might want to see. The reviewers are very detailed and their info is helpful in making a decision on whether or not a movie is appropriate or not. I use them all the time!
    Oh, okay. Thank you for letting me know . I will see if i can find it. I assume that it's called kidsinmind.com ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 05-21-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast