• Circle of Ancients

Dick Clark Dead at 82

Dick Clark, Entertainment Icon Nicknamed 'America's Oldest Teenager,' Dies at 82 - ABC News

Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with "American Bandstand," and whose trademark "Rockin' Eve" became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82.Clark's agent Paul Shefrin said in statement that the veteran host died this morning following a "massive heart attack."Born in Mount Vernon, N.Y., on Nov. 30, 1929, Richard Wagstaff Clark began his lifelong career in show business began before he was even out of high school. He started working in the mailroom of WRUN, a radio station in upstate New York run by his father and uncle. It wasn't long before the teenager was on the air, filling in for the weatherman and the announcer.Clark pursued his passion at Syracuse University, working as a disc jockey at the student-run radio station while studying for his degree in business. After graduating in 1951, Clark went back to his family's radio station, but within a year, a bigger city and bigger shows were calling.Clark landed a gig as a DJ at WFIL in Philadelphia in 1952, spinning records for a show he called "Dick Clark's Caravan of Music." There he broke into the big time, hosting Bandstand, an afternoon dance show for teenagers.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Dick Clark Dead at 82

Wow that's sad. He'll definitely be one of those that most of us will remember on New Year's Eve every year.

• Infinitized!

Dick was the first celebrity I ever met and chatted with. I met him back in 1994 while on a family trip to Universal Studios. Suzanne Sommers had a talk show taping on one of the sound stages. Dick was a guest host that day and Chubby Checker was the music guest. Chatted with Dick during one of the breaks for commercials. Great guy. He will be missed. RIP Dick. Get them rockin' up there!

Never did see footage from that taping. we were sitting in the front row so probably got some time on camera as well.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Mr. Clark was a true entertainment icon, an original, a legend. He brought music, joy, and fun into the hearts of millions and he helped so many wonderful entertainer's along the way... I remember him introducing an "all grown up" Annette on Bandstand long, long ago. Things are sure gonna be rockin' in Heaven from here on out...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan

• Minion

sad i will miss dick clerck rest in pice dick clerck
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr