View Poll Results: What did you think of "The Dark Knight Rises"

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Batarangs - A solid conclusion to the Dark Knight Triilogy

19 79.17%
  • 4 Batarangs - Didn't live up to "The Dark Knight"

3 12.50%
  • 3 Batarangs - You're not Batman any more.

2 8.33%
  • 2 Batarangs - Where was Robin when we needed him?

0 0%
  • 1 Batarang - They should have stuck with Joel Schumacher

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The Dark Knight Rises -July 20, 2012 (MiceChat Reviews)

This whole "Saturday Morning Cartoon" analogy makes it sound like a bad thing. I don't think it is.

I loved Saturday Morning Cartoons when I was a kid.

These two movies don't just compare, not that they aren't good, both are absolutely fantastic in their own way. The Avengers is a GREAT "Comic Book" movie that is just a whole lot of fun to watch. Dark Knight Rises is a GREAT "Movie" that just so happens to be based on a comic book. Whereas the Avengers in no way would be considered a "Best Movie" by any academy, if Dark Knight Rises isn't considered it's a travesty. We all know it won't be because the Academy is stupid.

These two movies are my favorite 2 movies of the year (so far). Tomorrow is $5 movie Tuesday ... may go see it again.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

No shame in crafting a terrific mainstream, all-ages popcorn picture that succeeds, as 'The Avengers' wildly did. Christopher Nolan and his co-writers have strived for far more than that with each film he's made. Look beyond his Batman films.

There will probably be 10 films named by the Academy in the next Best Picture category, no reason to believe that 'The Dark Knight Rises' wouldn't be included. Plus AMPAS likes to reward overall achievement like they did with Peter Jackson.

Nolan has been there before w/ multiple nominations (and wins) for 'Inception' and saw his 'TDK' win a posthumous Oscar for Heath Ledger.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-23-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

^ Exactly. The Avengers succeeded in every way that it set out to.

The Dark Knight Rises succeeded in every way it set out to.

Period

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I couldn't vote in this poll. It might be a 5-star.. at least a 4-star. But I don't dare say that it didn't "live up" to the Dark Knight. I mean.. I like the Dark Knight way better but it was a different story entirely. They all have their intentions and goals and I think 'Rises' did a great job pulling it off. Will need to see it again to decide.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

I think Dark Knight Rises is a perfect bat-tastic conclusion to the thrill-ogy. I was glued to my seat the entire time - in exception for when i went to the lobby for extra buttery grunts, and then later during post grunts.

The fist flick was just...um...lame. Dark Night rocked because of Ledger (but I thought Nicholson's Joker was just as striking). Ledger also overshadowed Bale in DKR, although Bale's Batman the second time 'round was much more interesting than the first, as were his vehicles and gadgetry. It wasn't until Dark Knight rises that feel Bale's Batman came into his own as a believable person. In my opinion, DKR was better than the other two films put together.

The movie has a lot of heart. I would even go so far as to say that Nolan, Bane, Hathaway and all associated with creating the film can take pride that their work is successful in encouraging people to keep enduring there strggles, rising above their barriers, and achieving...no mattr how unatainable and grim things may seem.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Infinitized!

Saw it on IMAX today. I liked it. Great movie. Only major gripe is that between part 2 and 3 there could've been a number of Batman movies and we'll never get to see Nolan's interpretation of Batman villain's like Penguin, Riddler, and other's that have not yet gotten screen time like Harley Quinn.

And major kudos to Anne Hathaway straddling that Batpod.

• Goofy

the movie was good and very action in my opinion there was too much emotions into that movie. so i just prefer the dark knight the one with the joker more better since he made everything so simple and sophisticated at the same time and he was scary to look at. good movie on rises movie though

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    And major kudos to Anne Hathaway straddling that Batpod.
    It was her Entrapment moment and for that I was quite thankful (stole that from my good friend Coheteboy).

• Goofy

loved her riding on that part as well

can you give spoilers for imax. i saw it on opening day but not on imax. to me the movie actauly has some sad moments. and this does contain spoilers that alfred and mr wayne mell bruce needs to get in the bat suit and save gotham from bane. but alfred says that he's buried enough members of the wayne family and the second is a big big spoiler and it is the ending. and kinda made me cry a little in the ending bruce tells gordon about a guy with a cane and wayne had a cane in the begining so. and he used the bat to take this bomb and risk his life and dies from a nuclear bomb in the ocean and everything else in the ening is pretty sad.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

•   
    • Minion

I gave it a 5. I saw it finally this week. I waited because I wanted to see it in IMAX. I thought the story ended really well for a trilogy. To me it was on par with Return of the Jedi for endings. I walked away feeling ok with the fact there wouldn't be another one.

I'll admit when I first heard the selections for villians were bane and Catwoman I had reservations. The hope i had though was Christopher Nolan and he delivered. I am already planning on going back to see it on Sunday in IMAX again. Currently at work i am listening to the soundtrack and it makes me work faster

• Dave

Blog Entries

I guess I am a Johnny Come Lately, but just saw the film 08/06/12 with my kids and we all gave it all thumbs up! It was a great movie! SPOILER ALERT>>>>> loved how they braught back the scarecrow, I would have loved to see him with his trademark mask, and I am sure they will have a fourth. They could do it without Bale kind of like every three to four Bond films we get a new Bond. I do hope we see the Pinguin in the next or one of the other villains we haven't seen in a batman movie. Maybe Clayface or Egghead (Loved this villian from the 60's TV show)! I am pretty sure he will never appear. I guess a little too comical, but I could see him being kind of a side villian who makes egg shaped bombs or gets his name from being a very smart tech terrorist! BAIN also loved the guy's voice well done acting!

---------- Post added 08-08-2012 at 03:07 PM ----------

Just rea this Batman TV show in the works. Just out of curiosity does anyone have a favorit bad guy from the 60s TV show? LIke said earlir I was a fan of Egghead (Played be the legendary Vincent Price)
    Dave

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I don't think they'll do a fourth movie....

They will do another Batman film...but will it star Robin? I just don't see that happening and since they also want a Justice League movie they'll need once again set up Batman with a new actor and gain interesting in a JL movie

As for Clayface, I'd love to see him as one of the villains in the next film..though not as the main villain more of a side villain kinda like how they did Scarecrow in the first film

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I don't think they'll do a fourth movie....

They will do another Batman film...but will it star Robin? I just don't see that happening and since they also want a Justice League movie they'll need once again set up Batman with a new actor and gain interesting in a JL movie

As for Clayface, I'd love to see him as one of the villains in the next film..though not as the main villain more of a side villain kinda like how they did Scarecrow in the first film
    and the second and the third He is one of my favorites too. Also just to through out a little intrigue could the next batman be an African American or another ethnicity. I always thought Denzel would be a cool Bruce Wayne, but maybe too old for the part.
    Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123