Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annette Funicello Comes out of the Limelight after so many years....

Hi Guys,
    I didn't know where to post this but if this has to be moved to another thread go ahead and move it.

A lot of you Disney Fans know the name Annette Funicello, she knew Walt Disney and for many years Annette funicello was America's sweetheart in the 50s, she was Walt disney's favorite Mouseketeer on the Mickey mouse club, she was the girl next door and she became a familiar face to people everywhere in the entertainment industry. In the early 90s she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a terrible disease which caused her to vanish out of the public eye forever....That is until now...her husband who has remained by her side all these years has lifted the curtain on her after all these years to show people just how terrible this disease has consumed her life and to let her fans and the public know they are still looking for a cure, She's now 70 years old, and he still continues to take very good care of her (bless his heart this is a true man and a true hero Of a husband) They are trying to raise money for the Annette's MS foundation and hope that her fans will support him to find a cure of this terrible disease. Now take a good look at Annette funicello (warning this video will make you cry) & i hope you guys will find it in your heart to donate a bit of money to this talented lady,entertainer, and Mouseketeer, and Disney legend who has brightened the hearts of millions...
    Annette Funicello: Her life with multiple sclerosis

• Insomniac

Re: Annette Funicello Comes out of the Limelight after so many years....

MS is a horrible disease and I have seen the impact it has first hand. A coworker of mine was diagnosed with MS at the age of 45. Since then (it's been 10 years) her ability to do even the simplist task has been blockaded by the disease. If anyone else has ever dealt with this devastating disease, they know that it can destroy one's ability to live life at the same level as before. Annette was an iconic part of Disney history. She was there when the Matterhorn opened. She helped to propel the idea of Disneyland. Her impact on the company is amazing. Her life has been filled with great accomplishment and her husband has been there with her through the whole journey. Anyone who has the ability to donate to help any dehibilitating disease should.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

wow... Just wow. This made me so sad to see her like this. This disease is so awful!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My nephew has been recently diagnosed with this disease, and I immediately thought of Annette. However, I didn't know exactly how bad her condition actually was until I saw this video.

• Musical Fireman

Bless her heart and all others dealing with MS.

See y walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

first time seeing multiple sclerosis, poor Annette.. Strong couple! I was a late Annette fan.

• Just drawn that way

I meet her many years ago in the early 90's, It was I believe her last appearance at Disneyland, she was signing her perfume and taking a few photo's. I was lucky enough to met her and her husband then. She was very very sweet and I feel so lucky to have met her then in her frail state. Bless her. I have been doing M.S walks for over 15 years now, and all because of her! Much love and respect!

• Still lost in Neverland

She meant so much to us who grew up with her and the Original Mickey Mouse Club. She was there on opening day with the other Mousketeers for the opening telecast. She is indeed America's Sweetheart. I hope Disney steps up on this and makes a huge donation to her foundation. She was a huge part of the early days of Television and Disneyland. Much love to her and her husband who has stood by her no matter what. That is True Love. This is just so sad.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• We Want The Redhead

I've been close to a couple of people with severe MS, and it's heartbreaking to see the progression of this terrible disease.
    It's a terrible thing for someone my age to see this fantasy figure become horribly ill.
    God bless Annette.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I loved her as a mouseketeer, and when she was on Spin and Marty. Her husband obviously loves her very much, and the man is a rare human being. The fact that he takes care of her himself is amazing. A lesser man might have hidden her away in a nursing home, and let others care for her. After watching my mom get Alzheimer's and become a resident in a nursing home, I could not do what this man is doing. Annette has a terrible disease, but when she chose her husband, she chose a gem.

I just turned 65, and in my lifetime, I have seen a lot of wonderful things accomplished in the world of medicine. I pray that the foundation that Annette and her husband have started will bring MS patients successful treatments, and eventually a cure.

• Disneyland PAP

Thank you for sharing the link, DisneylandFan1977. Finished watching the videos and I'm here rubbing tears from my eyes. Not simply for how MS has affected Annette but for how much love her husband has for his wife. In what could have been a tabloid story, Glen seems like such a genuine, well-meaning man. How fortunately for Annette to have him and Shelley Fabaret still loving her and in her life to this day for her.

• Infinitized!

Already posted yesterday in the Main Lounge right here:
    CTV: Annette Funicello: Her life with multiple sclerosis

Sad Re: Annette Funicello Comes out of the Limelight after so many years....

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Thank you for sharing the link, DisneylandFan1977. Finished watching the videos and I'm here rubbing tears from my eyes. Not simply for how MS has affected Annette but for how much love her husband has for his wife. In what could have been a tabloid story, Glen seems like such a genuine, well-meaning man. How fortunately for Annette to have him and Shelley Fabaret still loving her and in her life to this day for her.
    Annette was my first emotional love. Not just hormonal! I was an early teen when she married and I cannot tell you how broken hearted I was. I somehow felt that we would cross paths, in some impossible place, at some impossible time and we would connect. Then she married. She obviously knew what she was doing. That man has stayed by her side throughout this ordeal and that is a wonderful thing.
    My heart never really let go of Annette. My first two girl friends resembled her a lot. I so saddens me to see her this way. As long as she has the fight left in her...I hope and pray for her continued strength and will.

• Infinitized!

I initially posted about this first in the Main Lounge as soon as W5 reported on it, however it went unnoticed there. I did post an important link in case any of you are planning to buy Babes in Toyland on Blu-Ray when it comes out in a couple months. A portion of the proceeds goes to Annette's MS charity. Link is in the Main Lounge thread here:
    CTV: Annette Funicello: Her life with multiple sclerosis

Check post #2 in the original thread.

• Minion

I had no idea Annette had multiple sclerosis! This is absolutely terrible and heartbreaking! I'm twenty years old, but I grew up with the original Mickey Mouse Club, through Vault Disney, so I'm a big Annette fan. God bless her and her family. Lord, please heal her.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast