• Musical Fireman

Who else liked Dick Tracy?

Ya I know this movie basically bomb at the box office like bootleggers still but I never listen to the critics. Personally i love the movie, I know even Warren Beatty even called the movie "too colorful" but I love how the movie tried to emulate the look of the old time comic strips and the exaggerated looks of the bad guys and of the sets. I wish the movie did better I know there are others who love the old 1930's mob genre movies. Danny Elfman's music helped the movie scenes also as any movie's score should. I'd like to hear others opinions I know we all have reasons to like or dislike but as long as I like the movie then I'm really the only one that matters.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Infinitized!

Re: Who else liked Dick Tracy?

I like it. And the Blu-Ray is coming out shortly!

• Musical Fireman

FAITH RESTORED IN HUMANITY!!! I hope I managed to get for Christmas if I act quickly. It really does stink when a movie you like bombs, I used to think when I was little that critics did that just to tick me off and be a jerk. Thanks for the tip.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• "Always On The Move..."

I absolutely loved this movie. I was working in the film industry when it was being filmed and had the good fortune to go on the set a number of times. It was amazing to watch it being filmed. I also was lucky enough to meet Dick Van Dyke when he was getting his costume fitting for it. I was at the same place getting a costume fitting for Star Trek: TNG and got to talk to him for quite a while. So I have some pretty wonderful memories surrounding that film. Glad to hear it is being released and will have to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Disneyland PAP

Count me in! Both as a fan and as someone buying it on Blu-ray!

Amazon.com: Dick Tracy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy): Warren Beatty, Al Pacino, Madonna, Glenne Headly, Mandy Patinkin, Seymour Cassel, William Forsythe, Charles Durning, James Caan, Dick Van Dyke, R.G. Armstrong, Estelle Parsons, Charlie Korsmo, Stephen

In fact somewhere packed up, I've still got a tee-shirt I got to watch it on opening night. The front of the shirt had the Dick Tracy character art inside the outline of a movie ticket. So that shirt was my ticket to get in! I'm sure others here remember that and probably still have theirs too.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 11-17-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added tee-shirt story

I loved the Dick Tracy movie...Madonna was awesome in it.
    For the love of Disney....

• Rock Star Minion

I like watching it. My wife was working at GlenGlenn and we got to see it at their theater.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Doombuggy Rider

I enjoyed both Dick Tracy & the Rocketeer (two films that the Walt Disney Co could've done a better job of marketing, in my opinion) & they stand as some of the few live actions films I enjoyed from the "eisner" era (& I saw few. because most of what "eisner" green lit was crap) ....
    FACTS:

Dick Tracy was released to mixed reviews, but was a success at the box office - and especially during the Academy Awards (picking up seven Academy Award nominations and winning three for Best Original Song, Best Makeup, Best Art Direction). Dick Tracy still remains the most awarded Comic Book adaption to Film ....

What killed things was the planning for a sequel; because Warren Beatty began butting heads with Tribune Media Services (who own the rights to Dick Tracy), and this lead to a lawsuit which ended the plan for a 2nd Film (you know the rule - $ talks, bull sh@t walks & Tribune wanted more $ in order to use the characters from the comic strip). What also haulted a sequel?
    Executive Producers Art Linson and Floyd Mutrux sued Warren Beatty alleging that they were owed profit participation from the film (again, $ talks in Hollywood, pay up or watch your career go buh bye) ....

If there is a DVD release, I wonder if it will have Beatty's Director Cut (which is said to feature an additional 10 minutes) & if it will have any bonus content (as the 2002 DVD release had none). The Legal Battle between Warren Beatty vs Tribune Media Services actually continued until 2007 (when Tribune filed bankruptcy), with the possibility that Beatty owns the rights to a sequel & can shop it anywhere since the Walt Disney Co made no effort to get involved in retaining the rights for a sequel (who wants to see another Dick Tracy Film?) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor