Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Django Unchained....On Christmas Day!

Django Unchained gets a big boost in the awards race | Yahoo! Movies Golden Globes Blog - Yahoo! Movies

Name:  Django-Payoff-wm-jpg_165258.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  26.6 KB

But when will my Leo get his Academy Award?

I really do look forward to this movie. I'm curious to see how Jamie Foxx will perform but from the trailers he does a really good job. Then of course its a Quentin Tarantino movie. Gotta love some Quentin.

Then there is my Leo....

But enough about me being a little school girl over Leo. Who else really wants to see this!

• -

Re: Django Unchained....On Christmas Day!

I heard Tarantino on Howard Stern promoting this last week. It sounds really cool and I can't wait to see it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Been dying to see this for months. The reviews so far have been fairly positive, and the film's even been nominated for four NAACP Image Awards and 5 Golden Globes (including Leo DiCaprio, for Best Supporting Actor). I'm ecstatic that it's 180 minutes in length (2 hours, 40 minutes)!

International Trailer #1

International Trailer #2

US Trailer #1

US Trailer #2

US Trailer #3

Django Unchained Review Roundup: Quentin Tarantino's Spaghetti-Western Bloodbath Ropes In Smitten Critics | E! Online

Black Filmmaker Surprised by 'Django Unchained'

Jamie Foxx's Django and Sam Jackson's Stephen are two of the most nuanced, real, raw and entertaining black characters ever filmed. Foxx has the courage to begin his character as a vulnerable, beaten and heartbroken slave who gradually grows into an unforgettable and instantly iconic American folk hero. Jackson's Stephen (a play on Stepin Fetchit) is easily one of the most audacious and ultimately brilliantly surprising performances of his career.

Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' Reignites Debate Over N-Word In Movies - The Hollywood Reporter

With over 110 utterances of the word in his new slave-western, Tarantino re-sparks a decades-long discussion over racism, art and the fine line between.

In Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino does not try to continue the slow unpacking of America’s long legacy of slavery and subsequent racism; instead, he plants a stick of dynamite in the country’s baggage and detonates it all over the screen.

The writer/director’s new film, a spaghetti western set in the south two years before the Civil War, stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave who is purchased and freed by a German bounty hunter played by Christoph Waltz. The pair ride through the southern panhandle taking down criminals for cash, before ultimately heading to the plantation owned by a Leonardo DiCaprio of mustache-twirling evil to free Django’s wife.

In total, the dialogue is peppered with over 110 instances of the n-word, uttered by both racist whites and black characters. It is used as an insult, a proper noun, and as throwaway filler. Whether it’s a sign of how far the nation has come in its race relations, or an indication of how much progress is left to be made, the use of the word has stirred debate a full two weeks before the film even hits theaters.

[MORE AT THE LINK]
    Last edited by Retrocool; 12-16-2012 at 04:04 AM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I'm ecstatic that it's 180 minutes in length (2 hours, 40 minutes)!
    180 minutes is three hours.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    180 minutes is three hours.
    My bad! You're right, of course. I was grabbing that info from a couple different sites and didn't double check it. Actually the official running time is 165 minutes (2 hours, 45 minutes).

Naturally, though, Tarantino has an even longer cut of the film that he may roll out at some point.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Tarantino was on Howard Stern and they talked a lot about the use of the N word in the movie. He was explaining that it was depicting slave days and they used the word like having a glass of water. Changing that historical aspect of the times to be sensitive for today's days would take away from it's authenticy IMO.

On top of that, Quentin said "Everyone in the movie read the script. They all knew that word was being used frequently".

• Circle of Ancients

Not the first time Quentin has been criticized for using the "N" word.

I'm very much looking forward to this movie, as I usually love Quentin's movies (only one I don't care for).

• -

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Tarantino was on Howard Stern and they talked a lot about the use of the N word in the movie. He was explaining that it was depicting slave days and they used the word like having a glass of water. Changing that historical aspect of the times to be sensitive for today's days would take away from it's authenticy IMO.

On top of that, Quentin said "Everyone in the movie read the script. They all knew that word was being used frequently".
    I liked the part in the interview where he talked about someone criticizing some of the things depicted in the movie as disgusting and he justified it by saying that actual slavery was 100 times worse (paraphrasing).

I liked the part in the interview where he talked about someone criticizing some of the things depicted in the movie as disgusting and he justified it by saying that actual slavery was 100 times worse (paraphrasing).
    I would say 1000 times worse...I can't even understand how anyone survived slavery.

I have commissioned my mother to watch my child so that I can see this Xmas day!

• June 1963 I was hooked

It's Christmas people! Les Mis is set to redefine the movie musical with all songs
    sung live on the set for the first time. Quentin can wait.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fnord View Post
    It's Christmas people! Les Mis is set to redefine the movie musical with all songs
    sung live on the set for the first time. Quentin can wait.
    I would rather see this 100 times over Les Mis. The only way I am going to see Les Mis is if Hugh Jackman's character has an adamantium skeleton, claws, and a mutant healing factor.
    Last edited by calsig31; 12-20-2012 at 12:37 AM.

• Doombuggy Rider

Looks like I'll be enjoying THE HOBBIT and DJANGO UNCHAINED for Christmas (both are over 2 hours long, so no snacks & drinks for me as my bladder n' colon couldn't hold it for that long (lol) ...

Thankfully, I have enough points on the Regal Cinema Card to use up (discounts time) and it will be nice to see both Films receive multiple nominations ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

I would rather see this 100 times over Les Mis. The only way I am going to see Les Mis is if Hugh Jackman's character has an adamantium skeleton, claws, and a mutant healing factor.
    yeah I agree with this....I love the CLASSICAL musicals but the modern ones just don't cut it for me. That is just me.

• Banned User

'Django Unchained' Director Quentin Tarantino Demanded -- and Got -- a Whole New Language of Sound Effects for His Movie - The Hollywood Reporter

The director sent his team of sound designers on a hunt for the perfect acoustical environments to capture the film's gunshots and whipcracks.

If the gunshots and whipcracks in Django Unchained sound strange, it's because director Quentin Tarantino ordered his team to make everything about the film feel "analog and spirited."

"Analog means he wants it to have a vintage feel, and spirited means he wants a hyper-real perspective in places, like Charley One-Eye, Once Upon a Time in the West or For a Few Dollars More," says supervising sound editor Wylie Stateman. "Those films really inspired Django."

So instead of using audio library sounds, Stateman says, "We have redefined what a whipcrack sounds like, and the sound of the gunshot."

[MORE AT THE LINK]

I love this attention to detail.

Of course he demanded and got! He's Quentin!

I will keep an ear out for these sounds now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast