• -

Jurrasic Park IV

It looks like the word is out that the new dino film will come out in 2014.

It's Official: Jurassic Park IV is Coming in 2014! | Superhero Hype
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Re: Jurrasic Park IV

lol...I have mixed feelings about another Jurassic Park.
    For the love of Disney....

• -

Quote Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
    lol...I have mixed feelings about another Jurassic Park.
    Me, too. As long as it doesn't involve a dinosaur running around San Diego, I'll give it a chance.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If dinosaurs are hiding in a refridgerator to survive a nuclear bomb, I'm out.

• Back in Black

Full disclosure, this was a real idea and it has since been scrapped:

Back when Jurassic Park III came out, the studios wanted to do IV right away. The leading idea was that InGen (the company that backed John Hammond in his vision in the movies) had decided the only way to get a return on their investment after the two failures (Jurassic Park and its smaller version in San Diego) was to weaponize the technologies in the film by cross breeding velociraptors with humans to create super-soldiers.

Now I know JPII wasn't the best with the TRex in downtown San Diego, but its sure a heck of a lot better than that idea.

Check out the concept art for it... The Triceratops Man is my favorite!
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

•   
    • Banned User

Thanks for that Elias1955. I've never seen that concept art before and now that I have, I'll pass. I'm glad that concept never happened and "liked" the idea better the first time when it was called Alien Resurrection. I put "like" in quotes because I'm only lukewarm on that movie in the first place.

I'm a huge JP fan. I was a fan of the book before the movie. I was even a fan of Crighton's second book which was written somewhat under duress. I loved the movies too, even with as different as they were. As a JP fan of course I'd like to see another movie but only if they do it right. ( Doesn't everyone say that about every sequel? ) I can think of one, and only one, scenario that would work without it being too weird.

DON'T continue the timeline and go forward with another scenario in present times.
    DO go back in time and do another story on the the Isla Nublar incident as seen through the eyes of the other people on the island.

The idea of making weaponized raptor men is where I throw in the towel on my fandom and walk away. The idea of going back and showing people trying to evacuate the island on the worst day in Isla Nublar's history has some room for promise.

Anyone here play the JP game from Telltale last year? I got it and loved it. The whole thing took place on that same day on the other side of the island and would have made an okay movie on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Me, too. As long as it doesn't involve a dinosaur running around San Diego, I'll give it a chance.

As a San Diego resident, that was my favorite part. Sometimes I think we could still use a T-Rex to run around cleaning up parts of the town.

• secure all cargo

I loved all 3 films. That doesn't mean I think we need a 4th, but I'll definitely go see it. Is Joe Johnston directing again?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If dinosaurs are hiding in a refridgerator to survive a nuclear bomb, I'm out.
    Nah, it's when they start swinging with monkeys is when we should start to worry...

• Goofy

part two was the worst movie for obvious reason lol i hope the kids from jurassic park 1 make an appearance in the fourth movie. that would be so great.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    Full disclosure, this was a real idea and it has since been scrapped:

Back when Jurassic Park III came out, the studios wanted to do IV right away. The leading idea was that InGen (the company that backed John Hammond in his vision in the movies) had decided the only way to get a return on their investment after the two failures (Jurassic Park and its smaller version in San Diego) was to weaponize the technologies in the film by cross breeding velociraptors with humans to create super-soldiers.

Now I know JPII wasn't the best with the TRex in downtown San Diego, but its sure a heck of a lot better than that idea.

Check out the concept art for it... The Triceratops Man is my favorite!
    That concept art. BURN IT!! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/