• WDW Annual Passholder

Haunted Mansion (film) remake?

Greetings fellow Disney fans!

New to this forum, I pose a question to the most imaginative.

If you could remake The Haunted Mansion (2003 film), how would you approach the project?

What would your story be about? Would you try to embellish scenes and themes from the attraction, or do you think an entirely new approach would be necessary?

• Heavy Breather

Re: Haunted Mansion (film) remake?

I'm sure Guillirmo Del Toro is remaking it.

• i believe in faeries.

i heard (well, READ on micechat, lol!) that is already is in the works.

• WDW Annual Passholder

Well lets just say, THIS IS NOT A DEL TORO ACCOUNT. I'm not sneaking around MC to pluck ideas off the most die hard of fans, but what scenes from the attraction would you like to see come to life in the film reincarnation of this beloved ride?

• Closed Account

The first thing I would do is get rid of Eddie Murphy and that whole Realtor nonsense.

My ideal Haunted Mansion movie would be a movie totally in tune with the ride. The movie would start with a man and woman getting married, a wedding scene. They are animal lovers with no children, so their dog is at the wedding. They leave the church with tin cans hanging from their car and they are driving over a river with a rickety old bridge. The bridge collapses and they are thrown into the river, and the three of them die.

They are buried in their coffins, him in his tuxedo, her in her wedding dress. He tries desperately to get out of his coffin and does, so that the two of them can be together. They are whisked away by three friendly ghosts that hold a giant wedding celebration for them. They try to return home to their house that they own, but they walk right through the walls and it's like they are not even in a house and they are unhappy there. Another ghost suggests that they move to a graveyard near by, and they do, and they live and raise a family as ghosts in the graveyard.

Really out there I know, but it's just always a thought that I've had in my mind.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    The first thing I would do is get rid of Eddie Murphy and that whole Realtor nonsense.

My ideal Haunted Mansion movie would be a movie totally in tune with the ride. The movie would start with a man and woman getting married, a wedding scene. They are animal lovers with no children, so their dog is at the wedding. They leave the church with tin cans hanging from their car and they are driving over a river with a rickety old bridge. The bridge collapses and they are thrown into the river, and the three of them die.

They are buried in their coffins, him in his tuxedo, her in her wedding dress. He tries desperately to get out of his coffin and does, so that the two of them can be together. They are whisked away by three friendly ghosts that hold a giant wedding celebration for them. They try to return home to their house that they own, but they walk right through the walls and it's like they are not even in a house and they are unhappy there. Another ghost suggests that they move to a graveyard near by, and they do, and they live and raise a family as ghosts in the graveyard.

Really out there I know, but it's just always a thought that I've had in my mind.
    Sounds like Beetlejuice.......
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Singing Drinker

I'd give it to Guillermo Del Toro, say "Here you go, our hands are off of it, let's see what absolutely bizzare weirdness you come back with" and hope for the best.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.