Fast & Furious 6 - Very Brief Review & 2 Spoilers, One BIG ONE RE: Post Credits Scene

I promise you, I will not go into great length or detail about the film. I won't give anything way, and the spoiler. Well, its very small and its in relation to the post credits scene. But a warning, don't read it if you don't want anything given away. And it contains the BIG NAME of the person who is set to star in the next Fast & Furious film.

First, for the brief review. I just came from the early showing of it with the only listed showing sold out. The theater made 3 or 4 others and I was able to see one of them with a good & rowdy crowd. The movie was awesome, lots of action and humor, mainly provided by Tyrese & Ludacris. Brief premise, for anyone who's seen the previews Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) is back. Her apparent death in the 4th one is explained in the film & how she's apparently bad in this one. I won't say anything further on that. I've only stated what the trailer has shown. Dwayne Johnsons character brings Turretto (Diesel) in on it after he tells him Letty is alive. Naturally Turretto wants to know what happened to her. The team works with Rock's character to bring down the baddie in exchange for a clean swipe of their records. The rest is an intense action movie. Go see it if you're interested.

If you are interested, and you want to see the post credits scene, stay for it. It's good and its worth it. If you're not much of a fan, but you're curious about it, the scene is just after a quick fade out after the last scene of the film, not at the very end of all the credits. So you won't have to wait long. And I repeat, IT IS GOOD. Now for the spoiler. But I'll post two of them. The first spoiler box explains the post credit scene, and a certain "loose end" that is tied up.

The second spoiler box, well....it contains the name of that "BIG NAME" who is the key & primary person in that post credits scene & is signed up for the next film.

So warning, if you do not want it to be spoiled, if you don't want to know until you see it for yourself, then don't read them. They are not about what's in the main film itself, only the post credit scene. I give nothing away of the film.

Spoiler
    The scene starts with a race scene that was seen in the third film of the series, Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift. Remember two things from this film. Vin Diesel appeared at the end of it in it's post credits scene, a link to the 4th through 6th film. (He wanted back in the franchise after not wanting to return.) The other thing to remember, Han's character (who was in Fast & Furious 5 and 6) dies in the 3rd film. He was racing & his car his plowed into by a silver car, flips over, and explodes moments after. This confused a lot of fans because of his return in the 5th & 6th one. This post credit scene is tying up that loose end. See, we are all shown that the events of films 4 through 6 are evidently PREQUELS. Because this scene & crash happen AFTER the events of Fast & Furious 6. The driver of the silver car gets out of his vehicle and is unscathed. (You will recognize him INSTANTLY!!! He's the BIG NAME signed on for the next film. He's also in the spoiler below.) He pulls out Letty's necklace seen earlier in the film. He tosses it into the wreckage, walking away as the car explodes. As he walks away, he calls Dom, saying "Dominic Torretto. You don't know who I am. But you will." Credits roll.

Warning, don't read if you want to be surprised.
    Spoiler

The big name, well its HUGE and awesome. The guy who gets out of the silver car, is "The Expendable Transporter" himself..........

Jason Statham!!!!
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 05-29-2013 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Re: Fast & Furious 6 - Very Brief Review & 2 Spoilers, One BIG ONE RE: Post Credits S

I need to retract part of what I said in the first spoiler box, using the word "prequel." I'm looking deeper into the film series, the storyline and the timeline, and though they tried to tie up a loose end from the third film, I think they screwed it up even more. I'm still analyzing, so when I'm done I'll return with what I came up with.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Re: Fast & Furious 6 - Very Brief Review & 2 Spoilers, One BIG ONE RE: Post Credits S

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I need to retract part of what I said in the first spoiler box, using the word "prequel." I'm looking deeper into the film series, the storyline and the timeline, and though they tried to tie up a loose end from the third film, I think they screwed it up even more. I'm still analyzing, so when I'm done I'll return with what I came up with.
    There was no continuity error. We will have to assume that Diesel appearing at the end of Tokyo Drift (3rd film created) was not just to link to the 4th film & return to the franchise, but his appearance is in regards to the death of Han (which did happen in that third film, despite Han's appearances in Fast 5 & 6. The scene at the beginning of the credits to Fast 6 explain it.) Everything happening from his death until that credit scene are all looped together. It made 4, 5, & 6 prequels, making them 3, 4, & 5 respectively. I came to this conclusion after drawing the time line on a white board, like Doc Brown did on a black board in Back to the Future 2.

Name:  20130524_181529.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  118.3 KB

Sheldon eat your heart out.

• Infinitized!

This will all be sorted out when JJ takes over the franchise, puts a flux capacitor in Dom's car and sends him back in time to reboot the series...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    This will all be sorted out when JJ takes over the franchise, puts a flux capacitor in Dom's car and sends him back in time to reboot the series...