View Poll Results: Do you think Frozen is Overrated?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • OMG YES

19 30.16%
  • NO - I love it, it's the best thing ever

12 19.05%
  • It's overrated but I still like it.

29 46.03%
  • I haven't seen it and don't plan to

3 4.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Frozen is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Hans on the other hand just didn't seem like a proper villain to me, that and he wasn't menacing really... well in my opinion.
    faking love and turning around and killing that girl you lead on I would normally consider 'evil' and 'menacing' in a fantasy film.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Tickets please...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    faking love and turning around and killing that girl you lead on I would normally consider 'evil' and 'menacing' in a fantasy film.
    Yes, generally. But what I was saying is I myself did not find him scary. Also I didn't mention evil, yes what he was doing was evil, I just didn't find him menacing enough for me to consider him a good villain. He isn't that memorable really, unlike Frollo, Scar or Jafar etc.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sometimes when something is overhyped in the fan community it turns me off from wanting to see it. I'll probably get to it eventually but when I do I'm sure it won't meet my expectations or at least I will find out it's not all that great as people say it is.

Even that Let It go song is way overhyped. It really isn't my taste as far as movie music goes. Way too over the top. Same reason I refuse to see the Broadway version of Mary Poppins - she's not supposed to be a dang diva!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Even that Let It go song is way overhyped. It really isn't my taste as far as movie music goes. Way too over the top.
    Thank you for putting the nail on that one for me - I'd not been overly fond of the song to begin with and then watched the Tonight Show "Classroom Instruments" version and it completely turned me off. The 'classroom' process reduces the song down to base elements, and the piece that was left scanned as a series of crescendos without much in the way of flow or melody to them. Awesome for a showstopper number - but not structurally sound as "music" to many.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The music in Frozen is across the map. There's nothing really tying it together. With Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame… these are all classic Broadway style show tunes and they will stand up to the test of time.

Frozen is "modern" broadway and how it will stand up ten years from now is hard to predict. Book of Mormon has better songs overall that all feel like it's part of one thing. Frozen… styles all over the place.

For the First Time In Forever is the only "classic" tune in the entire movie in my opinion. Marred by lyrics like "elated and gassy".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I don't think so. Frollo was weak like Gaston is. Hans on the other hand was tricky. I never knew he would turn into the skunk that he is. I really though that the Duke and his men where going to be the main villians when how the Duke was all wanting the treashers of Arendelle and how he kept calling Queen Elsa a monster. When I first saw the movie in theaters you should of hear the people in there they all where shock to fine out Hans was the true villian out of the whole movie. I even hear one person use the F word. Hans will always be the worst villian to me. He along with Maleficent are the two I can't stand out of all the Disney Villians.
    Hans didn't really accomplish much as a villain. He had a plan, he attempted it, but how much damage did he cause? Ehh, he didn't leave a mess. Frollo was a corrupted official who had political power and set out to wipe out all the gypsies. He killed Quasimodo's mother, nearly killed Quasimodo, he raised and brainwashed him, and he had lust for someone who he was trying to kill. Frollo proceeded to seek her out by burning down parts of Paris, nearly kills a family by burning down their windmill home, then gives Esmerelda the ultimatum of marrying him or be burned at the stake. Sounds like Frollo towers way above Hans when it comes to villainy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha, I think most of us can agree that Chicken Little and Home on the Range are pretty close to the bottom of the Disney Feature Animation rankings.

… so yes, Frozen is indeed better than those.

……but I prefer listening to my Home on the Range sndtrk more than Frozen.

Yes, Home on the Range soundtrack is MUCH better than Frozen. And Home on the Range's Villain (and his cohorts) are MUCH more entertaining than ANY of the characters from Frozen. And the animation in the opening scene is spectacular. I might just place Home on the Range ahead of Frozen.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yes, Home on the Range soundtrack is MUCH better than Frozen. And Home on the Range's Villain (and his cohorts) are MUCH more entertaining than ANY of the characters from Frozen. And the animation in the opening scene is spectacular. I might just place Home on the Range ahead of Frozen.
    Talk about the perfect example of 'academic' vs 'practical'
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Hans didn't really accomplish much as a villain. He had a plan, he attempted it, but how much damage did he cause? Ehh, he didn't leave a mess. Frollo was a corrupted official who had political power and set out to wipe out all the gypsies. He killed Quasimodo's mother, nearly killed Quasimodo, he raised and brainwashed him, and he had lust for someone who he was trying to kill. Frollo proceeded to seek her out by burning down parts of Paris, nearly kills a family by burning down their windmill home, then gives Esmerelda the ultimatum of marrying him or be burned at the stake. Sounds like Frollo towers way above Hans when it comes to villainy.

Yousa point is well said.

And Hans should realize that his plan would work better if the wedding was public. Hans villainy is breaking hearts and attempted murder on a queen who froze the entire town over. And also not attempting to save Anna when he could have tried.

It's just not as well thought out as it should have been.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Queen Elsa

All you guys are crazy. Frozen is the best movie ever all the others sink compeair to Frozen. I just got myself today in the mail Kristoff's sleigh that comes with Anna,Sven & Olaf and I love it. Also if Frozen wasn't the best Disney Anamia movie all time then why is it the #6 movie world wide.

• Suspended

Yea I agree,
    Come on Everyone it's a Cartoon, to entertain, and it does that , We loved it, saw 3 times in the Theaters and at home, Awesome, My Daughter wanted a Anna Coronation Dress and we couldn't find a Quality one for her so We made one together, She has worn it to Disneyland and Ca. Adventure 3 times and Visited the Frozen Princesses yesterday as well!!!!
    Frozen is Awesome!!!!
    Name:  cm8d.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  78.9 KB
    Name:  b64ww.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  76.7 KB

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDroid View Post
    Yea I agree,
    Come on Everyone it's a Cartoon, to entertain, and it does that , We loved it, saw 3 times in the Theaters and at home, Awesome, My Daughter wanted a Anna Coronation Dress and we couldn't find a Quality one for her so We made one together, She has worn it to Disneyland and Ca. Adventure 3 times and Visited the Frozen Princesses yesterday as well!!!!
    Frozen is Awesome!!!!
    And I quote Anna by saying Woo! that is a beautiful coranition dress looks just like the one Anna wore in the movie.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Frozen is overrated, I didn't really hate it, but I didn't like it either. The only thing I can say that's good is probably that the animation is nice.
    Last edited by GagarianPrincess; 05-03-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Quote Originally Posted by MouseDroid View Post
    Yea I agree,
    Frozen is Awesome!!!!
    Wow she is beautiful! That dress is AMAZING!!!! We love the movie Frozen!

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    All you guys are crazy. Frozen is the best movie ever all the others sink compeair to Frozen. I just got myself today in the mail Kristoff's sleigh that comes with Anna,Sven & Olaf and I love it. Also if Frozen wasn't the best Disney Anamia movie all time then why is it the #6 movie world wide.
    It's all a matter of opinion. Numbers don't necessarily mean it's the best animated movie ever. Avatar is #1, that doesn't make it the best movie that was ever made. I like Frozen better than The Black Cauldron, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, and Meet The Robinsons, but I practically prefer just about all the other animated wide releases over Frozen, placing Frozen near the bottom of my list.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast