• Minion

Steve Martin returns for third Father of the Bride?

Steve Martin has reportedly signed up to star in Father of the Bride 3.

The Hollywood actor is said to be returning as businessman George Banks, alongside Diane Keaton as his wife Nina, according to NikkiFinke.com

The proposed third film of the comedy series will reportedly be centred around the couple's son Matty, who was originally played by Kieran Culkin.

Matty apparently reveals that he is to marry the son of a US Navy Seal in the film, leading to Banks being "thunderstruck and speechless".

Original director and co-writer Charles Shyer has also allegedly signed up to develop the film.
    -digitalspy.co.uk

I loved the first two, and if this does happen, and captures the same magic as the first two, it should be great. I can already see the Navy Seal dad in the same vein as DeNiro's character in Meet the Parents .. and he'll inevitably clash with George Banks.

And surely they'll need to call it 'Father of the Groom'

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Re: Steve Martin returns for third Father of the Bride?

Sounds like it may have been one of those darn 'net rumours...

Steve Martin @SteveMartinToGo 35m

So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney