Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Robin Williams Died

I don't think I would like to be the Genie in the 6:20 Aladdin show at CA today. What would that be like?
    The show must go on, I guess.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by wityblack View Post
    So Robin Williams, famed voice of Aladdin and former Disneyland employee died today.

Actor Robin Williams Is Dead at 63 - ABC News

Very sad, it really is a shame to see such wonderful people pass away.
    I know Steve Martin worked at Disneyland but I didn't know Robin Williams worked there. What did he do and when did he work there?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks for all the joy you brought, Robin! You will be missed!

• Rock Star Minion

Sad day indeed.
    Always one of my favorite comedians, unafraid (by any means) to make people laugh, to find humor in any thing. And be awesome at it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

He will be missed. Hook one of my all time favorite movies

I came home from work this afternoon to this news. I'm so sick. I haven't stopped crying. He was one of my favorite actors (and I don't have that many). He epitomized class, grace, humility, humor, and was a pure comedic genius. I'm so sad. R.I.P. Robin.

• Discovery Mountaineer

Actually, I got it wrong, he was a jungle cruise skipper at Disney World

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I saw this posted elsewhere: "A personal note on Robin Williams: I met him when I was a Comedy Store piano player in the late 70’s/early 80’s (and also when he was part of a small improve group called “Off The Wall” before that). What a sweet, gentle and shy man offstage. As for on stage, I can honestly say that his acts at the Comedy Store were ALWAYS hands-down the biggest crowd pleaser, always getting the biggest laughs, the highest energy, and frequent standing ovations. What an amazing talent he was, and the world is a lesser place without him."

This.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    I saw this posted elsewhere: "A personal note on Robin Williams: I met him when I was a Comedy Store piano player in the late 70’s/early 80’s (and also when he was part of a small improve group called “Off The Wall” before that). What a sweet, gentle and shy man offstage. As for on stage, I can honestly say that his acts at the Comedy Store were ALWAYS hands-down the biggest crowd pleaser, always getting the biggest laughs, the highest energy, and frequent standing ovations. What an amazing talent he was, and the world is a lesser place without him."

This.
    I agree! The world just seems sadder now.

• Discovery Mountaineer

I really didn't say my thoughts on the situation. I am extremely saddened by what occurred. It is always sad to see someone go, but it is much harder when they have had such on influence on you and the world around you. That's why it brings me to tears to think about what a loss his passing has and will be. It definitely took the world by surprise, including myself. He was a brilliant man, and up until his last days he continued to give us something we can cherish for a lifetime. I am extremely saddened that he is gone, but I know he will not be forgotten.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

It's a shocking and tragic loss. I wonder what made him feel that he couldn't go on anymore. I also wonder if there will be some sort of tribute at DCA's Aladdin show. I hope so.

I still cant believe he is gone. You will be missed Robin, but I hope you are finally at peace. Even though it was way before my time, I will always love him as Mork from Mork and Mindy. Nanu Nanu Robin!

So very sad.

We both shared the same day in July as our birthday. On my past adult birthdays i would have Robin William film festivals. The second to the last film of the evening was Fisher King and the last film was Good will Hunting. Fisher to see the pain and Good to see the healing of pain. I didn't realize the biographical nature of the two. The first death of a famous actor that acted in the thread of my life from a college dorm room to my lazy boy recliner.

• ~

Oh Captain! My Captain! Rest in peace. Thank you for the joy, happiness, and inspiration you brought to the world.

The scene with William's character reading "To the Virgins, To Make Much of Time" in Dead Poets Society is actually what inspired my username—"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may/ Old Time is still a-flying;/ And this same flower that smiles today/ Tomorrow will be dying." Moments like this are a reminder of the fragility of life and of the company of those around us. Let us reflect on the warmth that Williams brought and continue with a deeper appreciation for those who bring that to our own lives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast