• Pilot EdForceOne

Disney Posts descriptins of features inside T-Rex at DTD

Here's an article from the WDW website about the upcoming T-Rex. The details about the kitchen sound pretty cool as well as the themed dining areas. Sounds like a significant upgrade over the Rainforest Cafe concept.

Downtown Disney Dino Invasion!!

But don't get prehysterical—it's a cool new restaurant

Kevin Lansberry is spending a lot of time with Tyrannosauruses, Velociraptors and Allosauruses lately, even for a Disney executive. Of course, that's to be expected when a thundering herd of life-size creatures are on their way to become the "cast" of a highly unique new interactive entertainment, dining and shopping experience coming in early November to the Downtown Disney® Marketplace.

A prehistoric family adventure in dining with dinos

"At our new T-Rex Café™, there will be several life-size dinosaurs right out front," this enthusiastic Vice President of Downtown Disney Operations told us. "You'll be able to see a full-size T-Rex, of course, over 35 feet long and 15 feet tall. But this T-Rex has competition—like a 135-foot-long replica of the Argentinosaurus, which is not only the largest dinosaur, but quite possibly also the largest and heaviest animal ever to walk the earth!"

Schussler Creative, Inc., in collaboration with Landry's Restaurants, Inc., developed the amazing concept for this new dining experience. The awesome new structure will have a towering ice volcanic crater, or "caldera," with cascading waterfalls, lush greenery and foliage. With the some incredible lighting to add dramatic effect, it will be as though you are transported back in time.

Many worlds within its "world"

"Inside there will be several different environments, all designed to tell a story and provide an educational, interactive experience of the lives and times of these magnificent creatures," said Kevin. "The Ice Age Room, for instance, resurrects the wooly mammoth, complete with its baby, surrounded by man-made snow. The Fern Forest Room is the home of a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus, and their babies, too."

T-Rex Café™ abounds with one amazing area after another, from the Shark Room and the Seqouia Room to the Geo-Tech Room and the Aqua Room—where you can sit in a jellyfish booth and appear to dine underwater beneath a whole school of fascinating creatures. Just off the Aqua Room, you'll be greeted by a giant animated octopus sitting on top of the Shark Bar, motioning you in for a specialty drink and a view of the 6,000-gallon shark tank.

Young fans will have a way to take home their own personal dinosaurs at Build-A-Dino™, Where Best Friendosaurs Are Made™. If this sounds like a prehistoric twist on something your kids already know and love, you're right—it was developed by Build-A-Bear Workshops®, Inc. in partnership with T-Rex. Kids (and more than a few adults like us) can choose from several prehistoric animal toys with a variety of accessories and outfits.

If you like the heat, check out the Kitchen of Fire™

"I'm probably the most excited about the geothermal region, because it's going to be a really different experience altogether. It will have a 'Kitchen of Fire™' with a 26-foot-high wall where you'll see lava oozing over ancient geological formations. A two-story waterfall will cascade down, mixing with hot water and sending up steam. That's going to be neat."

And from the cutting-edge kitchen facilities will emerge a wide variety of pastas, seafood, salads, signature entrées, sandwiches and delectable desserts.

The magic of imagination

"Steve Schlusser has been working on the concept for over a decade," said Marty Sherman, Regional Vice President of Landry's. "He's fascinated by dinosaurs and is dedicated to giving Guests great experiences, especially kids."

"Steve is a person extremely passionate about Disney," Kevin added. "I think he is probably the most passionate person, about whatever it is he is doing, that I've ever met."

So, this November, when your stomach growls, you can follow the sound to the new T-Rex Café, A Prehistoric Family Adventure—A Place to Eat, Shop, Explore and Discover™.
    Full article
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Re: Disney Posts descriptins of features inside T-Rex at DTD

Sounds awesome. I. Am. There.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I might check it out once. Knowing it's run by the same company that runs Rainforest Cafe, expect the same mediocre food.

• Inappropriate

Can we expect the same mediocre animatronics too?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Most likely. I can get a better meal at the Fridays across the street at the Crossroads.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't enthused about Landry's quality of food or quality of dining experience. I'll walk through the restaurant to see what it's like, but I won't spend money there. I'm done supporting chain restaurants on Disney property.
    -Tim

Also expect it to be EXTREMELY noisy in there.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't enthused about Landry's quality of food or quality of dining experience. I'll walk through the restaurant to see what it's like, but I won't spend money there. I'm done supporting chain restaurants on Disney property.
    Nope your definitely not alone, RFC lost a lot of it's novelty for me at WDW when one opened 5 minutes down the road from me. Yes the WDW locations are much larger and all but exact same menu, except the food locally seems to be a little better than the ones at WDW, but thats probably just due to difference in volume. Still noisy and the AA's are deteriorating and in need of refurbishment. (look at the joint's on the animals sometime, especially the elephants and other non-fur covered AA's, you'll see they are starting to crack and discolor) T-Rex is another national chain and while I'm sure the one at DTD is going to be spectacular compared to the others, if you have one near hoe you may not be overly enthused by it...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• We'll hold them at bay

when will they start taking ressies?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Do they ever have soft openings for places like this??

I am going to be down there from Oct 7th to 12th and I think the place opens on the 14th or something... So I was wondering if I could get a meal there and be like a trial run for the employees... LOL!!!

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Do they ever have soft openings for places like this??
    I'm pretty sure not. sorry
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom