Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBR goes Nemo

• Banned User

Re: CBR goes Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Disney sells itself as being the premier theme park experience, with Walt Disney World usually toted out as the flagship of such experience. "could be worse" should be completely, totally, and utterly unacceptable for what is supposed to be a world class experience.
    I 100% agree. If WDW's such a flagship, then how come a majority of their new attractions have been of poor quality? It seems that Everest and Midway Mania are the only really worthwhile attractions WDW's gotten in a while, and only one of those were meant for the resort.

Adding characters to everything doesn't make it Disney. It makes it gawdy. Great theming and amazing experiences are what makes things Disney.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    according to the article all normal rooms will be Nemo, all suites will be Pirates.
    I don't think that Caribbean Beach has any suites. As far as I know, the only moderate suites are at Coronado Springs.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I don't think that Caribbean Beach has any suites. As far as I know, the only moderate suites are at Coronado Springs.
    The rumor is they are going to create family suites, similar to what they did with All Stars Music.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Another site had picture of some of the first rooms to be done. They are slowly converting over all the CBR regular rooms a section of rooms at a time to Nemo. They actually look ok. They are getting new furnishings, too.

And as YoyoFlamingo mentioned, they are creating family suites by knocking down some walls to combine rooms. These new suites are apparently going to have a Pirates of the Carribean them. I don't often suggest other sites, but Jim Hill media did do a recent story with pictures of one of the new Nemo Rooms, just this past week. The room looked ok.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I don't often suggest other sites, but Jim Hill media did do a recent story with pictures of one of the new Nemo Rooms, just this past week. The room looked ok.
    I'm glad to see that the bedspreads are understated. Yes, the characters are there but, upon first glance, it doesn't scream "Nemo." I could do without Nemo border on the walls though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    over the top... the hotels should be classy - not tacky.

Has everyone lost the idea of 'subtle'? These things aren't going to have long term legs
    The problem is... many people spend the money at the Pop and Allstars because they are cheap. But Disney thinks the huge tacky icons in those properties are the main draw... therefore, unfortunate accidents like this Nemo project. Overkill anyone?

And as long as people "continue to come and enjoy WDW" because they "don't know any better" (you know who you are ) well.. there is no stopping the management from doing these horrible things that, like Lazyboy mentioned so eloquently, are "unnacceptable" for a so-called "world class resort". I think our dear WDW1974 said be best.. "the wal-martification" of WDW. So sad...so sad...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-15-2008 at 06:34 PM.

I think this is a completely unnecessary change for the resort. Not only are characters just not needed but Nemo is getting overkilled at WDW.

This is horrendously tacky. I don't think the resorts need to be themed to characters - especially the more expensive ones. They make sense at the value resorts because there aren't many 5-story items you can tack onto a plain building to add excitement.

They had a good thing going with the moderate resorts and the themeing in them. Why they had to dumb it down to scream animated characters is beyond me. Maybe they're doing it to push the moderate people out and make them go to a deluxe? and entice the value people up to the next level because the characters are "familiar" to their normal resort?

All I know is I won't be staying at CBR anymore.
    -Tim

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Since when is the Caribbean anywhere near Australia? Somebody needs to take a geography class.
    That is going to bother me more than anything...more than the tacky wall-paper...more than the pointless character theming...more than the Nemo overkill...ugh...makes me wanna cry knowing not one single Disney World exec ever thought of the possibility that this is going to be one of the biggest theming mis-matches ever. Throughout the film it is very clear that Finding Nemo takes place in AUSTRALIA and in the PACIFIC OCEAN and not the Carribean. If I was a kid, even I would have taken notice of this illogical theming error.

IMO, The Little Mermaid would have made more sense in CBR than Finding Nemo does. In The Little Mermaid, it is never made clear exactly where the movie is being taken place. Although the original story was set in Denmark, the film's design of the human world seems more unique and non-European in design. It could easily be in an alternate universe for all we know. But when we think of stuff such as Sebastian and the "Under the Sea" musical number. Well it makes you think it is Carribean.

I got an idea from someone who replied to my post in another thread. Replace some of the themes in All-Star Movies with Pirates and Finding Nemo instead or make All-Star Movies bigger to accomodate all the cash cow Disney film theming that these people want.

Although if anything, I really wish that the Pirates franchising in the Disney parks would just die already. Theyre becoming a bigger overkill in the parks than Princesses and Pixar put together.
    Last edited by toonaspie; 07-15-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That is going to bother me more than anything...more than the tacky wall-paper...more than the pointless character theming...more than the Nemo overkill...ugh...makes me wanna cry knowing not one single Disney World exec ever thought of the possibility that this is going to be one of the biggest theming mis-matches ever. Throughout the film it is very clear that Finding Nemo takes place in AUSTRALIA and in the PACIFIC OCEAN and not the Carribean. If I was a kid, even I would have taken notice of this illogical theming error.
    Apparently Finding Nemo also takes place in the future, since attractions based on the movie can be found in both Epcot's FW and DL's TL. Clearly, we must be missing the point of the film entirely.

• Minion

Because I have a family, I think the family suites are a fantastic idea. The Nemo decor, however, is completely pointless and as others have said, tacky and out of place. Far as I know, CBR isn't lacking for guests, so why mess with something that already works?

Hopefully this stops at CBR...

• Defying gravity

Now that I think about it, although Pirates of the Caribbean theming seems appropriate for the Caribbean Beach resort, it seems out of keeping with the current "feel" of the resort. CBR has a bright and cheery resort feel. If anything, Nemo is more suited to the resort in this way, apart from the fact that Australia and the Caribbean are in decidedly different parts of the world. Although the food court is named Old Port Royale and there are cannons spread throughout the resort, I really don't see Caribbean Beach as a port where pirates would stop to pillage, plunder, rifle, and loot. Maybe it's just me...

I think it will be interesting to see how CBR manages to combine Nemo and Pirates together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12