Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Have They Cut Back On Bus Services?

So have any recent travellers noticed any changes to the Bus Service schedule in and around the resort?
    We are heading down this weekend and just want to know what we are in for.
    Some folks have said they believe there are less available busses these days and that their wait times have been quite a bit longer.
    Any truth to that?
    Last edited by tjcjr; 07-15-2008 at 01:01 PM.

• Defying gravity

Re: Have They Cut Back On Bus Services?

I was in WDW in late May and didn't notice any difference from previous trips. The buses run on a semi regular schedule but, to an extent, it's a hit or miss. Sometimes you get there right when your bus arrives, sometimes you miss it and have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, and sometimes every bus shows up besides the one you want.

• MiceAge Columnist

I don't think the contemplated bus service cuts have yet been implemented.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• We'll hold them at bay

They have cut back service on buses. I was there in May and wanted to get a bus from DAK to our resort at 9am after we took advantage of EMH to meet up with the rest of our party.

The next bus to the Boardwalk would have been another 40 minute. However, a cast member direct us to a van that is being implemented for this non-typical traffic as we were unusual in out travel pattern that morning.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceAge Columnist

Yikes! If the frequency was down in May, then this Fall/Winter is going to be... well... unpleasant.

They are considering other, further cuts.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Bleh. We're going to only be there 2 days but maybe we should bite the bullet and rent a car.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Bleh. We're going to only be there 2 days but maybe we should bite the bullet and rent a car.
    Buses really are not that bad. Although you do generally have to wait for them, IMO, it beats paying for parking, finding a parking spot, taking a tram to the front gate and trying to figure out your way around.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

When I was there in mid-May, the longest wait I had for a bus was back to Pop Century from EPCOT at the end of the night (around 11:30 or so as it was evening EMH). The wait was maybe 30 minutes. Most times I seem to luck out and a bus is just pulling in for where I want to go when I get to the stop.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Buses really are not that bad. Although you do generally have to wait for them, IMO, it beats paying for parking, finding a parking spot, taking a tram to the front gate and trying to figure out your way around.
    Resort guests get free parking. There are also attendants who will point you to an open spot. Really, the whole thing usually takes less time than waiting around for a bus.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Resort guests get free parking. There are also attendants who will point you to an open spot. Really, the whole thing usually takes less time than waiting around for a bus.
    I agree as well with this. Personally, I hope management is damming themselves to hell for not building a more expansive monorail system, and I hope that the current fuel prices drive them to cut back on the bus service at large, or at least.. charge guests for the ride. That I would love to see since I never stay at any of their hotels.

• MiceAge Columnist

Isn't Clearwater driving distance? When I go to Busch Gardens Africa, I don't stay overnight!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

We used to swear by the bus system at WDW. Now we just swear AT it. We refuse to take the buses anymore and just drive. Monorail and water taxi, sure. Bus, no way.
    -Tim

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I agree as well with this. Personally, I hope management is damming themselves to hell for not building a more expansive monorail system.
    Wait wait wait... there are damn dirty apes running the show?
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    When I was there in mid-May, the longest wait I had for a bus was back to Pop Century from EPCOT at the end of the night (around 11:30 or so as it was evening EMH). The wait was maybe 30 minutes. Most times I seem to luck out and a bus is just pulling in for where I want to go when I get to the stop.
    Yeah the bus transportation is always the worse whenever a park is about to close for the day and it isnt just because of the crowds. It seems Disney Transportation tries to get more buses running during the closing hour but there's a lack of efficieny where one hotel stop has to wait 20 minutes for their next bus while another hotel stop has 2-3 buses pulling up to their stop at the same time.

When my friend and I were waiting for bus to CBR after DHS closed. I think it took 4 buses after 35 mins of moving up to the front of the bus line to finally get a bus back to the hotel. During that entire time we saw 7-8 buses come and go for Pop Century guests.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Isn't Clearwater driving distance? When I go to Busch Gardens Africa, I don't stay overnight!
    It's 90 minutes from My front door to WDW. I prefer to stay overnight these days now so I can get an early jump on the parks and not have to deal with driving home dead tired in the dark. I make little mini-vacations out of it as I only go 3-4 times a year.

That being said, I used to live 15 minutes from Busch Gardens. I really need to get out there for a visit again. Haven't been since fall of 2001!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast