Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Tropical Serenade Returning?

From WDW News Today:

After months of hearing rumors that the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management will be closing sometime in the near future to make way for a Stitch-involved makeover, a new wild rumor has hit the streets of the Magic Kingdom and has cast members in De-Nile (Attempt at a Jungle Cruise joke). Strong rumors now indicate that the original budget for the postponed major Jungle Cruise attraction refurbishment maybe heading across the way to fund the restoration of the talking audio-animatronics bird show to its original splendor. In short, the original Tropical Serenade show may return to the Magic Kingdom as part of a huge marketing campaign for the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in 2011.

The planned campaign is going to promote the idea of guests experiencing renewed classic attractions and entertainment inspired by the resort’s past. Among the planned updates for the celebration are updates to Space Mountain, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, The Hall of Presidents, and the Enchanted Tiki Room at the Magic Kingdom; Journey Into Imagination and Illuminations at Epcot; and The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Also rumored at this time are a new firework show and updated Spectromagic parade at the Magic Kingdom.

While most of these changes are likely to not take place (as is the nature with rumors), a few of them will make the line-up in time for October 1, 2011. Be sure to stay tuned to WDW News Today as more info on these rumored changes becomes available.

• Minion

Re: Tropical Serenade Returning?

I certainly hope so. I saw a video of "Under New Management", and while I know that videos never do theme park attractions justice, I can't imagine how being there in person would improve that script. I'm all for a little self-parody, but this seemed more like self-loathing and un-Disney-like cynicism. Also, the score seemed rather random.

I just saw our Tiki Room at Disneyland, and while a little dated, it's a very charming and unique experience.

I hope they'll bring back the original Journey into Imagination too, so that if I ever do make it to WDW, I'll be able to ride it.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I certainly hope so. I saw a video of "Under New Management", and while I know that videos never do theme park attractions justice, I can't imagine how being there in person would improve that script. I'm all for a little self-parody, but this seemed more like self-loathing and un-Disney-like cynicism. Also, the score seemed rather random.

I just saw our Tiki Room at Disneyland, and while a little dated, it's a very charming and unique experience.
    Unfortunately, a video does do this attraction justice. The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management is an abomination and characteristic of the Magic Kingdom and its sub par attractions. I would love to see the Tiki Room restored to its former glory as in DL.

• Can't get enough!

Oh man, if they did a retro-vintage type theming that would be fabulous....

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• We'll hold them at bay

I'll believe it when I see it
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Banned User

are you saying it may go back to the original tiki room again?? I saw the latest on youtube and I was literally sickend. what the heck did they think when they thought of putting a screaming yargo in it, that show sucks on great lengths!!!
    the tiki room in Disneyland is so awsome, I love it and went every time I hit disneyland . I am going to WDW and hate that I am going to miss one of the best shows in my book.
    Please fix the crap you have wdw and put it back to the original show!!!!!!!!!!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it
    Me too, but since we're fantasizing about the return of quality, would it be too much to ask for a new, less generic logo?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Under New Management is the worst show ever. I've seen people get up and walk out while it's going on. It's that bad.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Oh man, if they did a retro-vintage type theming that would be fabulous....
    You mean, like TDL has done for the 20th and 25th anniversaries?

I am just glad they are doing something in regards to the 40th anniversary of WDW, besides a commemorative pin that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimster
    Under New Management is the worst show ever. I've seen people get up and walk out while it's going on. It's that bad.
    Sadly, people did the same thing for the original show, which was why they attempted to "improve" it with the "New Management" version.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Then again, I'm one of the weirdos who LIKED the Offenbach number.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am just glad they are doing something in regards to the 40th anniversary of WDW, besides a commemorative pin that is.
    I'm sure they were planning on renaming a parade too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aimster
    Then again, I'm one of the weirdos who LIKED the Offenbach number.
    Me too

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'm sure they were planning on renaming a parade too.
    I believe they parade of Dreams from DL's 50th is supposed to be coming to the MK. But, as nice as that parade is... I wish the MK did something totally new to celebrate the milestone.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

The New Management gimmick was just that a gimmick to fill the seats, I mean who would get rid of the Hawaiian War Chant of all things in a tiki themed show.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I believe they parade of Dreams from DL's 50th is supposed to be coming to the MK. But, as nice as that parade is... I wish the MK did something totally new to celebrate the milestone.
    Parade of Dreams is planned to be a temporary parade for WDW, starting in 2009. In 2011, WDW will get a whole new parade for the 40th.

Who knows if it will end up like that though!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast