Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blue Sky Disney Reveals Huge Fantasyland Expansion!

Hey everyone,

I forgot to post this earlier, but over at the Blue Sky Disney site they've released another Blue Sky Buzz report that's pretty cool.

It appears Fantasyland is in for a major makeover:

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...t-fantasy.html

ImagineerWarrior

• secure all cargo

Re: Blue Sky Disney Reveals Huge Fantasyland Expansion!

Wow, I would love to see an AA attraction based on Beauty and the Beast.

Let's hope the economy doesn't fall into recession and screw up the plans, forcing Disney to make a tough decision and cut back.

ImagineerWarrior

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I rolled my eyes at the notion of a Rollercoaster UNTIL they mentioned Seven Dwarfs and the mine! Holy heifer, i wanna see that like no other! That's rad. Everything else they mentioned sounds just dandy as well. And hopefully when that section of Fantasyland opens, they can redo the facades of the existing Fantasyland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Well, I'm glad to see this rumor be somewhat confirmed. I was told about this around 2005. Yeah, that prime real estate in Fantasyland will be used!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! Off to the mine coaster I go! The Seven Drarfs are cool, and Snow White too. This Rocks! This Rolls! Hi Ho!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Interesting... but where! The article infers changes that would likely be in many areas of FL. including 'taking up..' area in FL.

Maybe they push all the way to where Toon town begins... or maybe even relocate magic kingdom dr backwards more to gain more space.

I mean... the utilidors are already a tunnel - why not extend the entrance via tunnel or bring the entrance road in from the west rather then the east to free up more space behind what was the lagoon. I guess this all boils down to.. is this going to be an EXPANSION of FL or additions within the existing footprint.

Would be great to hear things are green lit... but if true it would be great to hear and to squash all this hate talk about the MK

Edit: Ooops.. forgot about the railroad back there being in the way too! There is lots of space between the old lagoon area and the RR still that could be used without relocating the RR.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• We'll hold them at bay

This would be great, but I don't believe a word of it
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    This would be great, but I don't believe a word of it
    Honor has some really great sources. He and I have some common friends, and there is a lot of exploration going on.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Wow, I would love to see an AA attraction based on Beauty and the Beast.
    That attraction had been planned for DLP back in the early 90s before the park was opened... and so was the Lil Mermaid ride.

I also like how the blogger refers to Tokyo when talking about lavish projects... so true. But I doubt you will ever get the same quality and craftmanship at WDW's MK, but I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    Honor has some really great sources. He and I have some common friends, and there is a lot of exploration going on.

You may be right, but these days I am firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" Camp
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I'm not really here

Wow, finally, a reason to actually pay to go out to the East Coast. If these things pan out, and BlueSky does have some really good inside contacts with those Bothans of his, then I'm really excited for the Magic Kingdom. B and B would rock as would a Snow White coaster.

I am really glad to see that Lasseter's presence has inspired some confidence in the Imagineers. It's very true that Mr. Iger trusts him very much. Hopefully they will get some of these things approved, because they will make for a much more popular land and a reason for more of us West Coasters to head out and visit (something that I still can't believe Jay has failed to grasp).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Interesting... but where! The article infers changes that would likely be in many areas of FL. including 'taking up..' area in FL.

Maybe they push all the way to where Toon town begins... or maybe even relocate magic kingdom dr backwards more to gain more space.

I mean... the utilidors are already a tunnel - why not extend the entrance via tunnel or bring the entrance road in from the west rather then the east to free up more space behind what was the lagoon. I guess this all boils down to.. is this going to be an EXPANSION of FL or additions within the existing footprint.

Would be great to hear things are green lit... but if true it would be great to hear and to squash all this hate talk about the MK

Edit: Ooops.. forgot about the railroad back there being in the way too! There is lots of space between the old lagoon area and the RR still that could be used without relocating the RR.
    Here is a cartoon of probable Fantasyland/Toon Town expansion plots...

Sorry for the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Pilot EdForceOne

What are you actually circling on that ?

You can't exactly wipe out all backstage facilities.. including access to the utilidors.

The area to the west is already mostly blocked by existing FL... the former lagoon plot is open and can be expanded with a simple relocation of MK drive and you don't try to put buildings back to back like you'd have to if you went behind IASW and the HM.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

The red line is the train tracks. And yes, there is enough space there to add to FL. Problem is... there is a lot of backstage areas that would need to be hidden from guests and there is also the difference in elevation. You see... FL at the MK is basically at the height of a 2nd or 3rd floor from the ground level when compared to the backstage area that now exists. They would have to do some massive set design to cover up the ugly backside of the IASW building and other areas... May as well... Anyone taking the train behind FL can see that since the hurricanes of 2005, there is not much left of the forrest back there, and guests riding the train can not only see a lot of the backstage area of FL, but also some backstage portions of the road encircling that side of the MK behind the park.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast