Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disney Dining Experience/ Best Resteraunts

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Rainfully, I think you're talking about a different thing. I'm not sure what you call each, but there's the thing you mentioned, where you get the 20% off, and then there's the other thing, where you pay something like $35 a day, but you get to eat basically for free. So if you eat enough, you make out like a bandit!
    Well the Disney Dining Experience is the card that you can only get if you're a Florida resident or an AP holder...

I'm not sure what they call the other thing... I was just going by what the OP asked...

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    Don't forget to ask for extra pretzel bread. You can get all you want while eating, but if you want some outside later you'll have to pay for it. I really want to get some right now.

Forgot to mention the steaks are good too.
    All I know is I'm definitely getting maple creme brulee for dessert! YUM!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    Well the Disney Dining Experience is the card that you can only get if you're a Florida resident or an AP holder...

I'm not sure what they call the other thing...
    OK, so there's been some confusion on this thread, mostly on my part. So let me see if I can clarify.

The Disney Dining Experience is a card that you buy for $50 if you're an AP holder, or $75 if you're not. As I understand it it gives you 20% off most of your meals. There is a list of participating restaurants.

The other thing I and others were confusing it with is the dining plan that is an add-on to the Magic Your Way packages, which allows you to pay a flat rate (I think it's around $30/day) which then pays for most of your meals (I think it's something like a sit down dinner with appetizer, main course, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, a counter service lunch, and a snack). This is the plan that will use 2 dinner service credits for the more expensive restaurants like Coral Reef and the California Grill. And it was this plan I was mentioning when talking about Le Cellier only needing 1 credit.

So sorry for the confusion, all.

• Mostly Harmless.

OK now I am less confused... Thanx guys! Any good word on a nice table service resteraunt?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Official MC Thread Killer

I'd really recommend Yamabuki, Granville's Steakhouse, and Napa Rose for TS. They are have amazing atmosphere and spectacular food!

EDIT: oops... wrong resort
    Last edited by 1stStarIC2nite; 08-28-2005 at 02:21 PM.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox
    Any good word on a nice table service resteraunt?
    My favorite 3 sitdowns in the World are Le Cellier in Epcot's Canada pavilion(great steakhouse), the Coral Reef in Epcot's Future World (great seafood and wine with a terrific underwater view of the Living Seas tank), and the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Hotel (my favorite restuarant anywhere - ask for the teriyaki marinated beef tenderloin!).

• Self Congratulative

I'm suprised that no one in here has mentioned Le Cellier's cheddar soup.

If you haven't had it, you're really missing out on their star item. As a former chef, I can seriously say that is possibly one of the best items in the whole DWR.

• Mostly Harmless.

My favorite 3 sitdowns in the World are Le Cellier in Epcot's Canada pavilion(great steakhouse), the Coral Reef in Epcot's Future World (great seafood and wine with a terrific underwater view of the Living Seas tank), and the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Hotel (my favorite restuarant anywhere - ask for the teriyaki marinated beef tenderloin!).
    SO far the only Disney Sitdowns I have every been to where the sushi bar at Mitsukoshia and the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Both of which are great resteraunts. I thik I am leaning towards the San Angelo Inn, mostly because it has an atmosphere simular to the Blue Bayou. I'm also thinking abou Sci-Fi Diner and Mama Melrose's at MGM. If I do Mama Melrose's I think I might take advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Does anyone know if this is extra? Just so I can plan the cost. Anyways....
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart
    I'm suprised that no one in here has mentioned Le Cellier's cheddar soup...that is possibly one of the best items in the whole DWR.
    I agree, Taggart. In fact, between the cheese soup and the incredible bread at Le Cellier, I could have a fine meal and never order an entre (but then I'd miss out on that mushroom stuffed filet - yummy!!!).

I thik I am leaning towards the San Angelo Inn...
    Umm, it's the San Angel Inn. If you've got the time to wait a few extra minutes, ask for a seat down by the water - it really adds to the magic!

If I do Mama Melrose's I think I might take advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Does anyone know if this is extra?
    As far as I know there is no added cost. Just realize that your reserved seating area is way off to the side, way in the back. Even tho there are really no bad seats in the theater, I'd be disappointed if I didn't realize up front that my reserved seat wasn't front & center.

• Mostly Harmless.

Umm, it's the San Angel Inn.

Right.... What'd I say? Hahaha. San Angel doesn't sound very spanish to me, but I stand corrected...

As far as I know there is no added cost. Just realize that your reserved seating area is way off to the side, way in the back.
    Good to know... again Thanx!
    BTW... Cheese Soup is making me hungry.

San Angel doesn't sound very spanish to me.
    It does if you say "sahn AHN-hel"!

• Mostly Harmless.

HAHAHA!!!! Your talking to a guy who says call-og-knee instead of cologne.

The California Grill is one of the best restaurants in the SE. Every meal I've ever had there, and there's been a lot, has been fantastic/phenomenal/great. It's not for folks who think salad is iceberg with one piece of tomato or think risotto used to play for the Yankees or think chicken on pizza is crazy stuff. But as long as you don't have a burgers/chicken fingers pallette, CG is the gastronomical equivalent of an orgasm.

• Self Congratulative

My favorite used to be San Angel Inn. The enchaladas accented with a tortilla soup by El Rio de Tiempo made my day, however, in the past two years, they have changed the recipes and, in my opinion, lost the quality of the food.

This is coming from a San Antonian, though.

My resort choices are:

Le Cell
    Liberty Tree Tavern (Daytime ONLY, nightime is Stouffers food..ugk)
    California Grill
    Flame Tree BBQ
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
    Noodle Station (Try the Pad Thai)
    Wolfgang Pucks (Worth the cost, but small portions)
    Planet Hollywood (Only if you get the Cap'n Crunch Chicken)

There's a couple of others. In one of my many DWR restaurant recipe collections I've made over the years, I've always made this awesome soup called Super Corn Soup. I have no idea what place it is served at though. BTW, if anyone needs any recipes, I have almost every dish at WDW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast