Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mostly Harmless.

Disney Dining Experience/ Best Resteraunts

Just wondering if the dining experience card is worth the price? Seems to me that I am paying extra just to get a few bucks off......
    Also looking for good resteraunts to take a girl to, looking at the San Angelo Inn, Sci Fi diner, and thats pretty much it. I am planning 2 maybe three decent meals there. I almost never eat in the parks so I don't know. Any help would be.... well... Helpful.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

Re: Disney Dining Experience/ Best Resteraunts

Sci Fi Diner is definitely cool! It's dark, themed very well and romantic with lots of atmosphere. Oh, and the food is good too!

Far as the dining card goes, when you add it up, it looks like a pretty good deal, so we're going to buy it for our trip in February. I can't say for sure that it is a good deal because February will be the first time trying it.

Have fun on your trip!

• Mostly Harmless.

Hey Thanx!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Mostly Harmless.

Anyone else have any input on a good sit down resteraunt?

• Former CM

My wife and I like both of those places, but for San Angelo Inn we prefer the lunch menu over the dinner one. We also like Le Cellier Stakehouse with their great pretzel bread and Crystal Palace at MK.

• Mostly Harmless.

Isn't the Crystal Palace pretty much character dining though? NOt that I mind, just won't have my monkies with me this time.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Crystal Palace is indeed character dining, but it can be fun without the monkees along.

You've probably seen that you need to use 2 of your credits to dine at the nicer restaurants. But for some reason Le Cellier, a terrific steak house in the Canada pavilion, is only 1 credit.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I have looked into the dining card and here is what I figure:

If everyone in your party is planning on eating at some of the nicer(but not too nice, as that will cost you 2 meals) restuarants for the sit down meals and ordering the more expensive items then it is worth it......but if you just plan on eating at the Hotel Coffee shop as a sit down then it is so not worth it. Basically, in order for it to be worth it you must be "spending" at least $23.00 at each sit down per person; that and the snacks and the counter service meal should come out to be about even. So if you are doing character meals($30.00 plus) you might come out rather well.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Crystal Palace is indeed character dining, but it can be fun without the monkees along.

You've probably seen that you need to use 2 of your credits to dine at the nicer restaurants. But for some reason Le Cellier, a terrific steak house in the Canada pavilion, is only 1 credit.
    Hey, that's a great tip about Le Cellier! Thanks!

• Mostly Harmless.

Hmm, don't think I will get the full use out of the DDE thingy.

• Former CM

On my last trip I would of gotten the use of it. We did 1 sit down and 1 fats food per day. Most of the sit downs were charater dining since they are all you can stuff you face places, but we did do some of the other sit downs.

On our last trip, our DDE got plenty of use over 9 days. We had 1 sit down dinner with alcohol for 2 adults almost every night, plus an occassional lunch/breakfast sit down during the week. So, it really did save us money. We used it at 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Jiko, Artist Point, Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten, etc. At Teppanyaki we had to us an AP discount, since that is the only world showcase restaurant that doesn't take DDE.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Are you an AP? If so, you can get the card for only $50... and trust me... that will add up easily!

You get 20% off your meal... so they way I see it... it's basically a free tip.

I've heard Le Cellier has the best steaks... I'm eating there for the first time next week!!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Rainfully, I think you're talking about a different thing. I'm not sure what you call each, but there's the thing you mentioned, where you get the 20% off, and then there's the other thing, where you pay something like $35 a day, but you get to eat basically for free. So if you eat enough, you make out like a bandit!

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    I've heard Le Cellier has the best steaks... I'm eating there for the first time next week!!
    Don't forget to ask for extra pretzel bread. You can get all you want while eating, but if you want some outside later you'll have to pay for it. I really want to get some right now.

Forgot to mention the steaks are good too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast