Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Bending Unit

Re: WDW 35th Anniversary Question

So.... the general consensus is that the 35th anniversary will have very little impact on
    a) attendance and
    b) festivities?

We're planning a trip late September / early October 2006 and I was wondering about these two things too. We're travelling then to avoid long queues and go off-season.

• Having a Grand Day!

I think the best that will happen is a Cast Member pin, a T-Shirt and a burst pipe at the Contemporary.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    ^^^Good points above.

But it also comes down to the fact that they want to 'reinvent' Epcot and push up attendance. They don't need to even clean and maintain the MK for droves of tourists to show up,and they don't want to take away from the Happiest Marketing Campaign on Earth to start celebrating the MK's 35th when there isn't as much as a new parade on the horizon, let alone a major attraction.
    I've never been to there, but is Epcot the DCA of WDW?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    yeah... and im sure all of us want the epcot globe to be turned into a giant cake... may i remind you what happened with magic kingdoms 25?
    shhh...if we don't mention it, we can pretend it never happened...what pink cake? see it works

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Epcot is pretty much the exact opposite of DCA.

EPCOT
    -Large (roughly 2 Magic Kingdoms)
    -Popular (9.4m went there last year)
    -Loved by most
    -Amazing firework show (which is commonly people's favorite)
    -Highly detailed/themed areas
    -2 Character dining, 3 signature restaurants, 9 additional fine dining restaurants
    -Many Architectural Wonders

DCA
    -Small (roughly 1/2 of Disneyland)
    -Not as Popular (5.6 million people went there last year)
    -Loved by few
    -No firework show
    -Not so detailed/themed areas
    -1 Character dining, 0 signature restaurants, 1 additional fine dining restaurant.
    -The biggest architectural wonder is Tower of Terror

I could go on, but I have a college application essay to write.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Thats funny because I just found my DL 25th and 35th Pins last weekend!!

Sadly, as we've had this discussion many times, that's true.

Had dinner (quite good actually) at Cindy's last night, but couldn't help but look down and notice how filthy the carpeting was (looks like it might have been replaced 15 years ago), especially on the spiral stairs.

Then walking out at closing there was trash/garbage all over the Hub and Main Street. Yep, guests are pigs. Yes, they leave burger baskets in the walkways mere feet from the trashcans. Yes, on an August Saturday night the MK is busy. None of that changes the fact that WDW and Phil Holmes do a miserable job of keeping the park clean. Folks last view up Main Street shouldn't be one with garbage strewn all over the place because they choose to NOT clean up between SpectroMagic and Wishes.

Before eating we went to see PhilHarMagic. This attraction just seems to keep suffering from problems. First we had armrests that were old and peeling. That made it into the O-Sentinel and Disney fixed it. Then the seats were so cheap, the cushions were tearing. Someone bitched online and it got fixed. Now, the carpeting is filthy and last night in ONE row, I counted 11 water/Coke bottles left on the floor. They really need to either clean up after the pigs, I mean guests, OR screw ODV and not allow any food or drink in queues.

Finally, I got a nasty response from a Main Street merchandise manager when I explained to my guests how they took the Penny Arcade out for an Athletic Shop and then got rid of all the memorobilia, followed by all the ESPN merchandise, followed by most athletic clothing. He didn't seem to like my attitude. I thought he might want to get a job at WalMart ... and he wasn't a low-level type. For all I know, he could have been in charge of Main Street merchandise as he tried to explain that the ESPN merchandise 'is special so we save it for our locations on the Boardwalk at ESPN Club at Team Mickey's at DD. Guess he didn't see the ESPN shirts at the BVG at the Contemporary that I did. He also didn't have an answer as to why the first display when you enter his shop is themed to Pirates of the Carribbean ... like I said, WDW management is awful.

Amen, The park is being run into the ground! Whatever happened to the lovely SWOOSH of the metal dustpans of the streetweeper! I hope they can get Matt O from DL to help with the state of the MK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    A) 25th Anniversaries (aka Silver Anniversaries) are always much larger and important thatn 35th Anniversaries (aka ....Coral Anniversaries)
    But Coral is big in Florida!

But How can they Celebrate a 35th, when
    they barely finished celebrating "Their" 50th
    Anniversary. :b

Quote Originally Posted by Disney50
    Not even close.

One place is an amazing park that is going through a transition but is still loaded with magic. You can tell the place cost a billion dollars in 1982 to build. You can still spend 2-3 days there and have a lot to see and do.

The other place ... well ... it's DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland1970
    Amen, The park is being run into the ground! Whatever happened to the lovely SWOOSH of the metal dustpans of the streetweeper! I hope they can get Matt O from DL to help with the state of the MK
    It's not that bad ... it's worse. Another Frontierland shop disappears and is replaced by a timeshare shilling kiosk (guess the ones in Tomorrowland, Main Street and Adventureland weren't enough).

Then walking out at closing there was trash/garbage all over the Hub and Main Street. Yep, guests are pigs. Yes, they leave burger baskets in the walkways mere feet from the trashcans. Yes, on an August Saturday night the MK is busy. None of that changes the fact that WDW and Phil Holmes do a miserable job of keeping the park clean. Folks last view up Main Street shouldn't be one with garbage strewn all over the place because they choose to NOT clean up between SpectroMagic and Wishes.
    "Keep it clean and they'll respect it, let it get dirty and they'll make it worse."
    - Walt Disney

Mike is right. Disney marketing/PR's next bigtime sales job will be Epcot's 25th anniversary.
    Oh crap, has anyone told Glendale?

Nevermind, it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    Oh crap, has anyone told Glendale?
    A better question: Is anyone left in Glendale to tell?

• Stitch to the Rescue

After the parades at MK our custosial CM's come thru with the Billy Goats and suck up as much as they can. But when on lets say 4Jul you have around 90000 guests in the park it is hard to get all the trash all the time. But as CM's we are all custodians in our own areas and throughout the Resort. So to move back to the topic of the 35th, it has no major importance in most relationships. The big ones are always the 25-50-75-100 years. So the EC 25th is going to take precedence.

Sean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12