Trip odds and ends ...

Random Evidence of a Cluttered Disney Mind:

Expedition Everest looks spectacular. They were testing trains out on it, but after they went up the lift hill, you never saw them again.

Haunted Mansion's soundtrack still isn't working right when you first arrive in the cemetary. The feedback hurts your ears. It's been like this for years. Phil Holmes, please fix the damn thing since you won't pay to bring Mansion Holiday to Orlando.

Staying at French Quarter, which looks great since last year's renovation, but some guests are just pigs. The furniture is already quite nicked and there's just no good excuse for that.

Saw folks here painting outside and doing lots of maintainance work, which was great. But someone forgot to replace the gates around the resort, which date back to 1991 and are literally rotting through in some areas. Bad show and it stands out because everything else around looks so great.

After seeing Remember at DL 4-5 times in July, Wishes just didn't seem as impressive as it once did. Too many kids singing, too character-driven.

While Contemporay and Poly are getting huge rehabs, walking past the GF I couldn't help but notice how many lightbulbs that ring the red roofs are out. That's inexcuseable for a resort where the biggest discounted prices start at $250 a night. You want to compare yourself with places like Ritz Carlton? Change the damn lightbulbs BEFORE they burn out.

Is it just me or have they switched to new music at the MK entrance? More 90s stuff.

You still can't beat California Grill for a truly wonderful dining experience. I do wish they'd enforce the new dress code however. I saw plenty of tees and shorts, which aren't supposed to be allowed.

Disney is starting EMH's at night for Typhoon Lagoon, Saturday from 6-9 p.m. Again, a good idea that I've been pushing for a long time.

You can still find, unlike the MK, some wonderful unique merchandise at DAK.

More thoughts as they develop ...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Trip odds and ends ...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Change the damn lightbulbs BEFORE they burn out.
    Disney used to promote the fact that it was part of Disneyland's maintenance procedure to replace all the bulbs on Main Street at 70% of their estimated lifespan. Now the policy seems to be wait till they burn out, or rather wait till enough of them burn out to warrant a crew. Sad.

You still can't beat California Grill for a truly wonderful dining experience. I do wish they'd enforce the new dress code however. I saw plenty of tees and shorts, which aren't supposed to be allowed.
    It's my understanding that dress type shorts are still allowed. No gym shorts or cutoffs, tho. I'm usually tastefully attired in my dress shorts and a golf shirt when I visit the CG. We'll see if they get stricter by December.

Re: Trip odds and ends ...

^^^You tasteful ... now don't make me laugh or I'll never get to sleep in my magical Disney bed! ;-)