Is mid April considered Spring Break?

My son's school has 2 early year breaks Presidents day "week" off and (I call it) Tax Season week off. For some reason his spring break always falls around tax day week of April 15th. Is that considered a crowded time at WDW? What's the weather like? REALLY REALLY want to go but can't stand HUGE crowds or boiling hot weather

any info
    Janette

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Is mid April considered Spring Break?

It can be. Different schools have different schedules. Spring Break can start as early as early to mid-March (which is when most of the colleges are out) and as late as mid-April.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Definitely is in 2009, as Easter is around the 9th or so and many schools have breaks the week or two after Easter.

• Defying gravity

I think the weather should be pretty nice. From my experience, early summer is MUCH more comfortable than late summer. I would assume that weather conditions in April and May would be similar.

May can be a bit warmer than April. Temps can get into the high 80's and even low 90's. May is pretty much the start of summer here in Florida.

• Banned User

You can consider WDW to be in "spring break" as well every time they have those dreaded cheerleading competitions or when the brazillian tour groups are in town... such as is the case currently. Obnoxious teens and those who think they still are, *everywhere*.

Ugh... don't get me started on the cheerleaders. Though I'll never forget one visit to IOA where I spent maybe $15 in quarters on those water canons where you can shoot at people on the Popeye raft ride as they go by. I was soaking those cheerleaders left and right. It was all kinds of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ugh... don't get me started on the cheerleaders. Though I'll never forget one visit to IOA where I spent maybe $15 in quarters on those water canons where you can shoot at people on the Popeye raft ride as they go by. I was soaking those cheerleaders left and right. It was all kinds of awesome.
    Uggg Cheerleaders! I go to DisneyLAND a lot, and we start getting the Cheerleader warning on the boards around Feb too. WARNING WILL ROBINSON CHEERLEARS ARE A COM'IN. They just don't know when to SHUT UP
    Janette

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    oh I would love to do that to!! man you do have fun !!! I canceled my trip for the fall when they are there this year, I could not do it, I just could not go at the time they were there. I am glad I switched my trip months !!

And the sad thing is if I had kept up with my gymnastics, I would've probably been a cheerleader in junior high & high school. Ugh!