Thread: Need help

• Banned User

Need help

I need help finding a place that offers a good vacation package for WDW. I tried MagicTravel but it was way more than I was looking to spend. I've got one quote from another place that was $2500, which was for resort/tickets and airfare.

Anyways, is it better to find a package deal somewhere, or am I better off trying to book the piece separately? I need round trip airfare, on site resort + 5 day base tickets and 1 day tickets to SeaWorld.

Thanks for any help.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Need help

I don't usually book a package. I ask for the AAA discount, when I book my room. You can then decide if you want to park hop or not. If you don't park hop, then you can save a little money there. I don't usually use the dining plan, so there's no need to book a package to get that.

Also, there are several different sources on the internet, where you can purchase your park tickets. You can even buy those at a local Disney Store, if you have one nearby.

I then book my own flight online, and I am good to go. You can call and arrange your own Magical Express, after you have your flight information.

I understand that some people like to use an agent, because then the agent does a lot of the work.

I just like making all my own plans.

I have done it both ways, and always had a great time.

• Defying gravity

I agree with Barbaraann that it is much easier to book things separately. The main reason for this is airfare. To get the best deal you really need to shop around and CHECK CONSTANTLY. Flights appear and disappear within minutes. Of course, in general, the farther out you book the better the prices will be. And, when you see the flight you want, grab it - don't wait!

As far as tickets and hotel room, you will most likely get the exact same price whether you book through a travel agency or on your own.

Good luck planning! (BTW, where did you finally decide to stay?)

• Banned User

We plan on staying at the Pop Century Resort.

• Too far from Disney World

We use Mouseearsvacations (http://www.mouseearvacations.com/). We used them last year and again this year and haven't had a problem with them. Our travel agent is Jo and she answeres all of our questions and lets us know if there's any updates on new packages or anything.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    We plan on staying at the Pop Century Resort.
    Good choice! I've stayed there 3 times now and I'm staying there again next month. I love it.

• Banned User

Thank you very much for your help folks. I'm just waiting on some quotes now.