Contemporary Resort advice, please!

I'll be doing a split stay, the 2nd half of which will be at Contemporary. This will be our first time there, and in fact our first time at a WDW Deluxe resort.

We reserved a tower room - theme park view.

Ideally, I'd like to make the whole split-stay thing as little an inconvenience as possible. My plan is to check-out of POFQ in the morning on our way out to the bus for whatever park, arranging for Bell Services to transfer our luggage. We would enjoy whatever park just like any other day, and then not "return" to Contemporary until evening.

My question is, will there be any advantage to get to Contemporary as early as possible to check-in (even if my room won't be ready) so that I can get the best possible room selection? I guess my more specific question is, is there such a thing as a more-desirable MK view room and a less-desirable MK view room? If I check-in at night, will I potentially miss out on a better room that I could have gotten earlier in the day?

We will be checking-in to CR on the Wednesday prior to Presidents Day weekend ... just in case that detail helps any.

Thanks for your expertise!

• making magic is fun!

Re: Contemporary Resort advice, please!

Well some say it doesnt matter but I like to check in as early as possible.
    I would have them transfer the luggage and I would take a bus to the MK and then hop on the monorail and check in. If your room isnt ready they will give you a number to call and you can call and get the room number.
    I like to get there early. You never know you get there and the room could be ready, and if you dont like it you can have it fixed then in stead of that night.

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    I'll be doing a split stay, the 2nd half of which will be at Contemporary. This will be our first time there, and in fact our first time at a WDW Deluxe resort.

We reserved a tower room - theme park view.

Ideally, I'd like to make the whole split-stay thing as little an inconvenience as possible. My plan is to check-out of POFQ in the morning on our way out to the bus for whatever park, arranging for Bell Services to transfer our luggage. We would enjoy whatever park just like any other day, and then not "return" to Contemporary until evening.

My question is, will there be any advantage to get to Contemporary as early as possible to check-in (even if my room won't be ready) so that I can get the best possible room selection? I guess my more specific question is, is there such a thing as a more-desirable MK view room and a less-desirable MK view room? If I check-in at night, will I potentially miss out on a better room that I could have gotten earlier in the day?

We will be checking-in to CR on the Wednesday prior to Presidents Day weekend ... just in case that detail helps any.

Thanks for your expertise!
    Kelly

Thank you for taking the time to reply. However, I still don't have an answer to my question. I know all the mechanics of doing it, all the how-tos and stuff, I just don't know if there are "good" MK view rooms and "bad" MK view rooms.

I know exactly what to do ... I'm just trying to find out if it MATTERS or not. I don't want to waste the time stopping there if it won't really matter too much, if you know what I mean.

Are you familiar with the selection of MK view rooms at CR?

• World Traveler

I've never been disappointed with a Magic Kingdom view at the Contemporary. I think you'll be fine no matter what room you get.

• Geoff London

If it helps,the Unofficial Guide to WDW says:

"Rooms in the A frame (main) building either overlook Bay Lake and the Marina and swimming pool complex on one side or the parking lot with Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom on the other. If you stay on the Magic kingdom side ask for a room on the ninth floor or higher."

Hope that helps.

Be aware that the North and South Garden extensions (Bay Lake side) are under re-construction for the new Disney Vacation Club units.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !