• All you need is LOVE

New Disney on Ice show to feature the Magic Kingdom

New Disney on Ice show to feature the
    Magic Kingdom

The new Disney on Ice show will showcase Walt Disney World Resort's
    Magic Kingdom theme park.

The story line centers on the animated Parr family from Disney/Pixar feature film "The Incredibles" taking a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando. It features the family's vacation visit to the Magic Kingdom and uses a variety of the park's themed attractions, such as Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion as backdrops.

The show, produced by Vienna, Va.-headquartered Feld Entertainment Inc., kicks off in Lakeland with a pre-premiere performance Sept. 2. A gala opening event is planned for Sept. 9 at the T.D. Waterhouse Centre in Orlando.

The touring show will stop in more than 65 North American cities in the next 12 months before moving internationally.

A new interactive feature allows children in the audience a chance to use a special light up wristband as part of the show.

The program concludes with a Main Street, USA parade featuring the Disney characters.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Re: New Disney on Ice show to feature the Magic Kingdom

WOW! That sounds really kewl, actually haha. I think I'll see it if it comes to Hershey or anything..
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

This looks sooo awesome to me! We are definitely going when it comes around here, which usually the new shows hit us in April/May. I can't wait, the girls will love it.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• far, far away from DL

Most likely it will come to Hershey because they get most of the Disney on Ice shows. I haven't been to one in a long time. Hmm, just might have to go and check it out.

Sabrina

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    WOW! That sounds really kewl, actually haha. I think I'll see it if it comes to Hershey or anything..
    You're getting it... Here's a link to the Disney on Ice US Tours schedule page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for "The Incredibles in a Magic Kingdom Adventure" schedule.

http://disneyonice.disney.go.com/dis...n.jsp?market=0

Curiously enough, the show is not featured on the homepage or in the sidebar. Also, early next year there are gaps where I'm presuming the show has not been booked yet.

I wish the shows still played at Madison Square Garden. The last show to do so was "Toy Story", which I worked on for two years. To see a "Disney on Ice" show in the NYC area now, I have to travel out well over an hour by train and bus to Nassau Coliseum in Long Island.

These shows are a most curious and peculiar (sometimes downright bizarre) form of entertainment, but this one sounds like one I'd be interested in seeing, and perhaps making that long ride to see.

• Minion FOREVER!

Hmmm... it looks like this show isn't coming to the West coast at all... I was
    actually surprised that they have so many (four) companies simulataneously.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

^ i was surprised at this as well!

OC & LA don't have any shows upcoming. maybe we missed the dates already. i didn't hear any ads about it, but maybe that's because i limit commercial tv & radio...lol!
    <o>

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Hmmm... it looks like this show isn't coming to the West coast at all... I was
    actually surprised that they have so many (four) companies simulataneously.
    The new ice shows traditionally take a nearly two year (season) touring cycle of the United States. The first season concentrates on the Eastern half of the US, the second season, the Western half.

The shows also tend to hit major metro areas around the same time every year. In the first season they'll generally hit New York around Thanksgiving, Philadelphia at Christmastime, Chicago in January, and Boston in mid-February.

In the second season, the shows traditionally hit the Los Angeles area around Christmas. Even though it's not listed on the schedule on the Disney on Ice page, I'd venture to guess that "Finding Nemo", the new show last year, will hit SoCal at Christmas this year.

If "The Incredibles/MK" is a successful show, it should hit SoCal around Christmastime of '06.