Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • MC Blogger
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    Blog Entries
    52

    What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    I thought I would ask this question more directly as my other post like this got moved to Community because I included a link to a photo on my blog- and I want to play by the rules and honor our moderators!

    With all the rumored stuff coming to the three oldest parks in this time period- what stuff do you think will really happen and what will happen to DAK? Like I said earlier, I think Beastly Kingdom will come in some form.

    What does everyone else think? Will we even see the heavily rumored attractions?
    Mark

    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

  2. #2

    • MC Blogger
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    Blog Entries
    52

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Mods- I hope this is better! Thanks!
    Mark

    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    I doubt Beastly Kingdom will be up by then. At most, knowing WDW, you'll get 1 maybe 2 new things in Pixar Place, & the Little Mermaid in Fantasyland.

  4. #4

    • MC Blogger
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    Blog Entries
    52

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Whatever they do, it had better be spectacular to beat Harry Potter!
    Mark

    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

  5. #5

    • We'll hold them at bay
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    It'll look like Vegas
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom


  6. #6

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Old Vegas or New Vegas?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I doubt Beastly Kingdom will be up by then. At most, knowing WDW, you'll get 1 maybe 2 new things in Pixar Place, & the Little Mermaid in Fantasyland.

    Agreed...in three years that's the most that we're likely to get. I expect Little Mermaid and Tinker Bell meet and greet for MK, and a roller coaster plus Star Tours redo for DHS. I would be surprised to see much at Epcot or AK as both these parks have had a good amount of money thrown their way in the last couple of years.

    For the next ten years though, I have some bigger hopes...a new Fantasyland, a new land for AK, and at least one E ticket each for Epcot and DHS...these I think are realistic expectations for the decade.
    Last edited by tasman; 08-09-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Down with the Hat


  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Whatever they do, it had better be spectacular to beat Harry Potter!
    I think Universal is a little late to capitalize on Potter. By the time the kuka arm ride opens the last book will be several years old and the last movie probably out as well. I expect an increase in IOA attendance but not enough to trouble Disney.
    Down with the Hat


  9. #9

    • May the F=ma be with you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hobroken
    Posts
    2,606

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Agreed...in three years that's the most that we're likely to get. I expect Little Mermaid and Tinker Bell meet and greet for MK, and a roller coaster plus Star Tours redo for DHS. I would be surprised to see much at Epcot or AK as both these parks have had a good amount of money thrown their way in the last couple of years.
    I think that there will be a good amount of work in EPCOT. Especially in the very front and very back of the park. Let's throw in an IMAG refurb as well.

    A temporary part of the AK will prove to be just that...temporary.

    A certain large portion of DHS will make way to other future attractions.



    Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    What scares me the most is that WDW will look worst than it does today. The upkeep and maintenance all over WDW is so far inferior to what we get at the other Disney resorts... that IMHO.. Sea World and Busch Gardens will look much better (and they currently do when compared to the MK).

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I think that there will be a good amount of work in EPCOT. Especially in the very front and very back of the park. Let's throw in an IMAG refurb as well.

    A temporary part of the AK will prove to be just that...temporary.

    A certain large portion of DHS will make way to other future attractions.
    I'm looking forward to all those...but in three years? Is that realistic?
    Down with the Hat


  12. #12

    • MC Blogger
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,044
    Blog Entries
    52

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    We'll see. I hope Disney proves TDLFAN is wrong with his guess!
    Mark

    Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

  13. #13

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: What will WDW look like in 2011/ 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I think Universal is a little late to capitalize on Potter. By the time the kuka arm ride opens the last book will be several years old and the last movie probably out as well. I expect an increase in IOA attendance but not enough to trouble Disney.
    Harry Potter is really a classic now - so I think they could do just fine with it.

    On the other hand, I don't think that Disney will ever be able to capitalize on the pirates theme like they did with the princesses.

    I'm not sure I expect any new parks built by 2011/2012. If Disney has a couple of leaner years due to gas prices, I don't know how much they will want to invest in the parks (or will they WANT to invest to get guests to visit?)
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Going to Japan in 2011
    By Wendy_Bird in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM
  2. 'Thor' 5/20/2011
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
  3. [Question] What new rides for 2011
    By au82 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 06:04 PM
  4. Is 2012 the end?
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
  5. 2012?
    By BDBopper in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •