Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• future rockstar/imagineer

Re: Disney World Visitors - May I Have A Few Moments Of Your Time?

1. How many times have you been to Disney World?

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money?
    Yacht Club, it's a beautiful resort and I love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to?
    Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Polynesian

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite?
    MK

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park?
    eating at the hotels!

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World?
    churros!

7. Which park do you think has the best icon?
    MK, i the castle is just breathtaking!

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket?
    DAK, Expedition Everest

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up.
    1. Wishes
    2. Fantasmic
    3. Finding Nemo the Musical

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal?
    Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (character)
    Les Chefs de France

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation?
    we always stay for 8 days because it gives us plenty of time so that we dont feel rushed and we still get to experience pretty much everything that we want to do

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future?
    I would love to go for Halloween

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation?
    i really want to do the Backstage Magic tour but when i go in November i will be 1 month too young...

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation.
    i love riding on the monorail!

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors?
    not really sure if i know anything that a bunch of people dont already know

sadly only once

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money?

POFQ was very nice

Grand Floridian

Epcot

Gardening

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World?

Dole whips!

AK Tree of Life

Everest at AK

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up.

Illuminations because it's the only one we saw

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal?

San Angel in Mexican pavillion (was free dining and we didn't have it so it was the only one we could get into)

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future?

May

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation?

exploring the resorts

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation.

monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors?

it's no secret but the best way to relax is on the lazy river at either waterslide park

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? Six Times

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Port Orleans

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? Wilderness Lodge

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? Disney's MGM Studios a.k.a. Hollywood Studios

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Hotel hop

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World?The Fries in Fantasyland.

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? The Hand. lol. No, Magic Kingdom.

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? Magic Kingdom and Splash Mountain

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Fantasmic and Spectromagic

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? Garden Grill

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? 7 days

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Halloween

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? Disney Quest

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Boat

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? The Great Movie Ride has a hidden Minnie.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? 1975, 1976, 1985, 1996 (all day trips except 85's HS ban trip ). 2001, 2003, 2004 (two trips), 2005 (two trips), 2006 (two trips), 2007 (one trip). Wow. 13!

Polynesian. Stayed there for a couple of nights on a friend of mine's CM discount. It was awesome.

Contemporary!

Epcot.

Relax at my resort or rent a water mouse to take out on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

Koldbordt at Restaurant Akershus. Actually, haven't been there since they went Princess dining.

Epcot. Spaceship Earth.

Wow, this is a hard one. Gonna go with Animal Kingdom's Expedition: Everest. From the village to the queue to the ride and the design of the mountains. Simply stunning.

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
    Wishes.

The Pooh breakfast at the Crystal Palace is the only character meal I've ever enjoyed.

Restaurant Marrakesh.

Eight.

Christmas.

The Spirit of Aloha dinner and show sounds like a good time to me but my friends have never wanted to see it. Boo.

Monorail.

The secrets and hidden gems are found when you take the time to slow down. Appreciate what's around you. Sit on a bench in World Showcase and watch people and listen. Relax at WDW, that's the secret to a great vacation.
    Last edited by RonNYC; 07-24-2008 at 12:22 AM.

• Addicted to MC since '08

1. How many times have you been to Disney World?Six Times

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? TheBoardwalk. I love the Pool! I also love the convenience of being so close to both DHS, Epcot, and the boardwalk out front.

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? The Grand Floridian

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? The Magic Kingdom

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? I like to explore the other Disney Resorts, hang out at Downtown Disney, go parasailing out on Bay or Crescent Lake (Forgot which one it was on), or take a dip at my resort's pool.

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Turkey Legs!

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? The former Chinese Theater

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket. I am a huge fan of Tower of Terror, so DHS wins that category.

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Spectromagic for 1st, Wishes for second. I also do like those night shows out on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorAite place to enjoy a sit down meal? I don't have an intrest in Character Meals, but I think that McDonalds is the most elegant sit down restaurant in the Resort. Ok fine, but I really enjoy the Mexican restaurant at Epcot. I forgot what it's called.

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? Two Weeks

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? I haven't visited during the Summer, and I don't plan on it. I am content going in the time between Christmas and Thanksgiving. You can enjoy the Christmas celebrations without the crowds.

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? I want to try to see Cirque du Solei. (I think that is how it's spelled...)

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. The Monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? If you do see Fantasmic, do the Dinner Show! You get dinner at either the 50's Prime Time Cafe or the Hollywood and Vine (If I'm not mistaken) and once you finish your dinner, you get led via secret route to great seats in the F. amphitheater. It is really worth the money if you want to see Fantasmic!

• Geoff London

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? Six

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Grand Floridian

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? Animal Kingdom Lodge

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? Epcot

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Downtown Disney

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Those Mickey head shaped ice creams

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? Epcot

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? DHS - Tower of Terror

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Spectromagic / Illuminations - Relections of Earth

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? Liberty Tree Tavern - but they are doing away with it. Bad show Disney.

Non character - Jiko at DAK - it's THE best.

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? Seven

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Christmas day

Take the Behind the Scenes tour at DAK

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. The ferries across the lake to MK

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? When you need a rest and some air conditioning - go see the Hall of Presidents. 25 minutes of cool bliss.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Geoff London

Ron NYC -"If you do see Fantasmic, do the Dinner Show! You get dinner at either the 50's Prime Time Cafe or the Hollywood and Vine (If I'm not mistaken) and once you finish your dinner, you get led via secret route to great seats in the F. amphitheater. It is really worth the money if you want to see Fantasmic!"

The meal deal is also offered at Mamma Melrose's
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Minion

Polynesian.

Contemporary.

Epcot.

Riding the monorail.

No fave here.

Animal Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest.

Illuminations. Spectromagic.

Garden Grill. Coral Reef.

6 or 7

No preference.

Illuminations cruise.

Monorail.

None I can think of.

• Too far from Disney World

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? 4 ...soon to be 5 this September!
    (1994, 1996-97 (Spent New Years Eve there!), 2003, 2007

All Star Movies

Contemporary

Magic Kingdom

Shop, Sleep, goof around

Chocolate Chip Cookies or Pretzle Bread from Le Cellier

While I HATE the placement of the hat, I like it the best of the four as an Icon

DHS, Tower of terror

Hmm...must say I've never really watched the fireworks

Donald's Breakfast
    Sit Down: Ohana or Le Cellier

Any length of time I'm at Disney World is ideal for me!

Early spring..March-April time

Doing one of the Mini golf courses!

We take our own car, but I love the monorail

If you can't find something in a shop, ask at the checkout. They will call around for you and see if another store has it. The World of Disney store last year called all the parks until they found my Donald hoody at Epcot and had them hold it for me until I could get there 2 days later!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Me - 3 Times (Once in 85 and twice last year)
    Wife- Twice (2 times last year)

We are booked for 14 days in October again this year.

We have only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and are booked there again in October. Absolutely love the place.

Poly or Grand Floridian.

Epcot followed closely by Animal Kingdom.

Nasa.

Oh jeez, that's a tough one. I always have to have a Mickey Ice Cream bar and the wife loves anything from any world at Epcot.

Animal Kingdom - Everest.

Animal Kingdom - Everest.

People watching at Epcot.

Illuminations at Epcot.

Have never done one.

10 to 14 days.

Been there in June, November, and will be there in October. I'll stick with those months.

Universal Orlando.

Rental car. Monorail.

I wish.

• Fortuosity!

12, I think.

Contemporary, hotel room, food options, transportation, access to MK all great

Poly or Grand Floridian.

Magic Kingdom

shop at DTD, see the Electrical Water Pagent or go mini golfing

French Toast Loaf: Main Street Bake Shop or Mickey Mouse Waffles

Magic Kingdom - Cinderella Castle or Main Street Train Station

Magic Kingdom - The Haunted Mansion

Spectromagic

Fantasmic!

1900 Park Fare Brekafast (best overall) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Lunch (best food and second overall)

10 to 14 days.

First Week of June, Early December and sometime when the PPP is going on

Surfing at TL, more WS restaurants

Monorail.

Adventurer's Clu...oh wait. I guess the EWP.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• I love Disney!

Just one time! Last September was my first time to WDW, and I am totally going back in a month! Wahoo!

Well last year was my first year, and we stayed at Old Key West, it was really nice, but the transportation wasn't very good.
    I would love to stay at the Beach Club Resort. We tried to get reservations for August but they are all booked!
    Magic Kingdom is my most favorite followed by Disney's Hollywood Studios
    When I am not at a theme park, I like to lay by the nice pools that Disney hotels offer and get ready to go back...or Downtown Disney is always fun!
    My all time favorite would have to be churros or getting breakfast at the bakery on Main Street.
    Magic Kingdom!
    Splash Mountain...so Magic Kingdom
    My most favorite is Fantasmic and runner up would probably be Wishes...they both make me so happy I cry!
    I have never done a character meal, but I really want to next time we are there, but my favorite place for sit down meal is Ohana!
    Probably 10 plus days...I could find new things to do each time I am there...
    I really want to go see it at Halloween and Christmas time
    I really want to go see the Beauty and Beast show at DHS, and since we are going to be there in august, do the pocahontas show and the adventureres and comedy clubs, before they are all shut down!
    I love the horse drawn carriages
    It is all very magical...I am not sure i could just pick one!

• For a new Gotham!

About 12 times since I became a passholder a year ago. So 14 altogether.

Best value was Pop Century. Best experience was Port Orleans Riverside.

Poly!

Sometimes Magic Kingdom, sometimes EPCOT Center, depending on what mood I'm in.

Hotel hopping.

I love the chicken caesar salad at the Earl of Sandwich. For a snack, churros and pineapple whip floats rank about even for me.

EPCOT Center

Well my favorite E-ticket is definitely Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I pretty much refuse to go on any roller coaster bigger than that though, so whether it's the best is debatable I guess.

Probably Festival of the Lion King. With SpectroMagic as runner-up.

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare! And for non-character, I really like the Plaza Restaurant.

Can't put a number on it.

I'll say that my favorite time to visit is late fall and early spring (it's too cold for me in the winter lol).

I NEED to get to the Adventurer's Club before it closes!!

Does the Blue Line count? If not, then the Monorail.

During lunch at Magic Kingdom, my sister and I will hop the Monorail or water taxi to one of the resorts and eat counter service there. Since everyone else is in the parks there's rarely a line and it's nice and quiet.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

Either 15 or 16

Port Orleans: Riverside (although I loved Beach Club, too!)

Polynesian or Animal Kingdom Lodge

Magic Kingdom

Walk around the hotel or swim

Turkey Sandwich from Sunshine Seasons, anything from 'Ohana, and Mickey Cookies n' Cream ice cream sandwiches

Magic Kingdom!

MK -- Haunted Mansion

Favorite: Wishes; runner up: Fantasmic

Character meal: Crystal Palace (breakfast); runner up: 1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
    Sit down: 'Ohana

Winter

The Finding Nemo musical at AK

Monorail!

Not really a secret but take some time each day to relax, eat a good meal, take a nap, go for a swim or do something to cut the stress that a vacation can bring (even in Disney). It'll keep spirits and energy up!

11....12 is coming up in a few months

Pop Century

Poly

DAK

Sleep

A hot dog from Casey's Corner

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Disney's Hollywood Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

1) Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
    2) Wishes

Crystal Palace is my favorite character meal. However, Biergarten at Germany is my favorite restaurant.

4 or 5 days is ideal for me.

January

Californian Grill, with Wishes in the background!

The Monorail!

Sitting outside at The Electric Umbrella, eating and enjoying the Fountain of Nations!
    Last edited by Krankenstein; 08-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast