Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disney World Visitors - May I Have A Few Moments Of Your Time?

You may be thinking that Barbaraann asks too many questions. Sometimes, reading the answers that other people provide, you can learn a lot. It may even help you plan, and experience a much more enjoyable trip, the next time you visit "The World".

So for those of you who have vacationed at Disney World, I ask you this.

1. How many times have you been to Disney World?

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money?

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to?

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite?

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park?

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World?

7. Which park do you think has the best icon?

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket?

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up.

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal?

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation?

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future?

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation?

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation.

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors?

Now I am off to ponder my own answers. I thank you for your time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Disney World Visitors - May I Have A Few Moments Of Your Time?

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? Six Times

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? The All Star resorts

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? The Grand Floridain!

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? EPCOT

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Nap, 'cause I'm usually wiped out! Other options we usually indulge in...leave Disney property and head out to Cocoa or, at least, head over to DisneyQuest.

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Any of the World Showcase's restaurants.

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? Frankly, I was a fan of the original Chinese Theatre. Nothing said "Hollywood" better then that!

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? Tower of Terror is worth the price of admission, though I've heard that the revamped Haunted Mansion is excellent as well.

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Illuminations has the best chance of actually SEEING the fireworks--the sightlines are the best of all the parks. Fantasmic is kinda a waste if you've seen D-land's.

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? Morocco. We don't do the character meals and found that this restaurant is the one that truly takes you out of the park and to another country.

A year and a half.

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Winter!

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? My partner wants to do the "Dale Earnhart (sic) Experience". Not I. I'd rather do a private tour with a guide at one of the parks.

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Being a control freak, I like having my own car, in all honesty.

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? Everyone loves to complain about Innoventions at both Disneyland and D-World. We love to walk around and do the hands-on stuff. We find there's nothing better.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great thread Barbara!!!

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? Oh honey I lost count. LOL

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Port Orleans French Quarter

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? Beach Club

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? Epcot

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Take photos and visit other wonderful places in Florida.

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? Epcot

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? DAK Everest

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Wishes; Festival of the Lion King (I love the music.)

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? Crystal Palace (Pooh characters); Runner Up? Le Cellier

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? 3-4 - Just enough to escape but not too much where you start missing home.

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Halloween or Pirate and Princess party - haven't done those yet. This year though!

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? Hoop De Du Musical Revue or a hayride at Ft. Wilderness

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? Always ask to sit in the front of the monorail.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I really don't know. Been a regular visitor since 1978. You do the math.

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money?
    Pop Century

Polynesian

EPCOT Center

Shop at the Virgin Megastore

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World?
    Turkey sandwich from Sunshine Seasons

EPCOT Center

Right now, Tower of Terror

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up.
    Off Kilter & The British Invasion

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal?
    Only done Crystal Palace, but I like it as I've done it 3 times.

Just a long weekend is enough for me since I go 3-4 times a year.

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future?
    Christmas

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation?
    I do at least one thing I've never done before every trip. This time it's dining at Kona Cafe and visiting the Adventurer's Club.

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation.
    Monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors?
    If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? six times

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Port Orleans Riverside

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? The Yacht Club

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? The Magic Kingdom

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? I like riding the monorail, and visiting the monorail resorts, especially the Grand Floridian. I love hanging out in their lobby, especially in the afternoon, when the piano player is playing.

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? All the food is great at Disney World. I haven't had a bad meal yet. It's fun grabbing some Fish and Chips in Epcot, and walking around World Showcase munching on them.

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? If I have to just pick one, I think it is the Tree of Life.

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest, even though I won't ride it, because I am too scared.

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Wishes, and then Fantasmic

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorAite place to enjoy a sit down meal? I don't have a favorite character meal, but the new one at Park Fare with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Lady Tremaine, and the evil stepsisters was my favorite on my last vacation.

I love Tony's Restaurant at Magic Kingdom, for lunch, with a table outside.

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? Ten days

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Halloween

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? I have never stayed at a Value Resort, and I really would like to have that experience.

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. The monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? Not so sure it is a big secret, but I do like having afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian Resort.

Here are my answers.

. How many times have you been to Disney World? 13 times since 1980.

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? French Quarter Riverside or Wilderness Lodge.

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? Polynesian.

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? Epcot

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Horse back riding

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Mickey Bars

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? Animal Kingdom

DHS - Rocken Rollarcoaster

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Illuminations then Fantasmic

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? Pooh character at Crystal Palace. As for sit down it Le Cellier in Canada. Sorry if I mis-spelled it.

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? Off season - 7 days.

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? May.

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? Segwey Tour

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Monorail.

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? I don't think it is what you would call hidden, but find a shaded place where the Characters are out for greetins and just sit and watch the kids faces. It really is fun to watch how the kids light up with the Characters.

Blog Entries

I've only taken three trips in the last few years, but when I was younger we went all the time so I have no idea.

I've only been able to afford to stay on property in the values, in that case Pop Century was far better than my miserable experience at the all stars.

Tons of them. Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, French Quarter, Coronado Springs.

EPCOT Center

Read

Anything at Capn Jacks

EPCOT Center

Either the Haunted Mansion or Expedition Everest

Wishes followed by Illuminations although I really really miss Future Corps.

Biergarten is always fun.

Christmas or Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

I'd like to take a watercraft out on Bay Lake.

Monorail by far

The biggest thing I try to share is how affordable it really is to visit Disney if you're a FL resident. There are really some great deals if you go at the right times. Also, visits in January and early February seem to be ideal for low wait times.

• Defying gravity

6 times (1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008)

Well, I think DVC is a good deal so I might say Saratoga Springs, but otherwise....Caribbean Beach

Swan and Dolphin

Um...difficult to say. MK is so inferior to DL, half of Epcot is out of date, DHS is thematically flawed, so I would say Animal Kingdom.

Surreys (bikes) around Saratoga Springs.

Pretzel bread from Le Cellier

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

I would like Wishes and Fantasmic! so much more had I not seen Remember...Dreams Come True and Fantasmic! at DL... Illuminations is nice though.

Le Cellier

Early December (haven't been during that time since I was a toddler)

Eating a meal at one of the deluxe resorts.

Monorail

The Flame Tree Barbecue sitting area at AK is really a beautiful place to sit and have a meal or just relax. You have the perfect view of Expedition Everest and its usually never crowded.

• Happy Memories

No idea

I don't stay often, but I've enjoyed Coronado Springs

Wilderness Lodge

Epcot

Walk around DTD or venture off property to one of the outlet malls

Don't eat there often enough to have one, but I do enjoy a good beer at the Rose and Crown.

Can any icon really be ranked higher than the original? Cinderella Castle all the way.

Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder- Not exactly the most "thrilling" rides around, but I don't really go to Disney for thrill rides.

Off Kilter and Adventurers Club

Never had any interest in character meals

I mostly do day trips, but it's nice to stay for 2 or 3 days occassionally.

I've been an AP for most of the past decade, so I've been during every time of year

can't really think of anything

My car... or monorail if possible.

Not really a gem, but a piece of advice. Don't run around like crazy trying to do and see everything, because you won't. Just relax and soak up the atmosphere. You'll enjoy the visit much more AND have reasons to return again.

• World Traveler

I've stopped counting ... my first time was in 1973.

I'd probably have to say the Wilderness Lodge. It's a deluxe property, but usually a little less expensive than the other deluxe resorts.

I'd love to stay
    at one of the DVC resorts.

The Magic Kingdom.

Boating.

Ice cream

The Magic Kingdom.

The Magic Kingdom - A toss between The Haunted Mansion and Pirates.

Wishes and Illuminations.

I don't have a favorite character meal ... my favorite restaurant is Whispering Canyon Cafe.

For me ... 4 - 5 days.

I've been at every season. But I love the SLOW season.

To visit Celebration.

The monorail - hands down!

The horse stables at Fort Wilderness.

• Circle of Ancients

3 times

Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter

Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian

EPCOT

Sleep (Haven't really done much outside of the parks to be honest)

Don't generally "Snack" but we eat at 'Ohana at least twice each trip

Magic Kingdom

Disney MGM Studios - Tower of Terror

Illuminations - EPCOT / Spectromagic - Magic Kingdom

As much as I hate to admit it, the Pooh one at Crystal Palace.

9 - Just enough time to see everything at a leasurely pace.

The Holiday (Christmas) season

A day to go around and visit all of the resorts I've never seen, see the water parks and do the Segway tour at EPCOT.

Rental Car (Disney Transport would be the Ferry's and boats to MK from the TTC and MK resorts)

My favorite way to start every morning is a nice walk from our room to the "Food Court" for a cup of coffee, bowl of cereal, etc. Just a nice leasurely morning walk, in the florida air with next to nobody around .
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 07-23-2008 at 01:06 PM.

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? Used to live next door in Celebration. So I lost count long ago.

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Shades of Green

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? The Grand Floridian

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? The Magic Kingdom

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Shop at Downtown Disney

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Victoria & Albert's: chocolate souffle

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Wishes and then Fantasmic

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? I enjoy eating at Cinderella's Castle for character meals. My favorite place to eat would have to be Victoria & Albert's. I have done it 3 times. More than most people get to and it is truly an experience that everyone should do at least once. My every time I go favorite would be Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. Great Halibut!

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? A full week is what I prefer but it can be plenty enjoyable on 4 days.

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? My birthday.

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? I would love to take some backstage tours. I loved the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot and would love to do more of them.

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Monorail

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? I avoid summer at all costs. I think it is much more affordable and pleasant in the fall or spring in the off-season. You can enjoy all the Christmas decorations by going in between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Not sure, somewhere around 10 to 12 sounds about right.

DVC has sort of made this difficult to rate, but I will go with Boardwalk.

Grand Floridian

EPCOT

Boardwalk resort at night.

Thats a tough one, I can't really think of a single all time favorite.

EPCOT

MK - Space Mountain - Maybe not the "best" E-ticket, but the one I allways like to ride again and again.

Illuminations:RoE, Runner up: Wishes. I like fireworks

Character Meal: Liberate Your Appetite (or it was) - Favorite overall V&A, so I guess LYA is the runner up.

7 to 10 depending on arrival and departure times

Over Christmas

Richard Petty Driving

Walking - I love it when I can walk somewhere. Boardwalk to EPCOT or DHS

It's not all about rides

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Can't get enough!

1. How many times have you been to Disney World? 9

2. When you have stayed "on property", which resort did you feel gave you the best value for your money? Carribean Beach

3. What resort have you never stayed at, but would love to? Poly

4. Which of the 4 theme parks is your favorite? MK

5. What activity do you like to do, when you aren't at a theme park? Shop the outlet malls or Florida mall

6. What is your all time favorite thing to "eat" when you are on vacation at Disney World? Rice Krispie treats

7. Which park do you think has the best icon? MK, Castle

8. Which park has the best E-Ticket? Name the E-ticket? Hard one, Rock-n-Rollercoaster

9. Of all the shows, and night-time entertainment at Disney World, name your favorite, and a runner up. Wishes, Beauty and the Beast

10. What is your favorite character meal. If, and when, you don't do character meals, where is your favorite place to enjoy a sit down meal? O'hana for both options

11. How many days do you feel is the "ideal" Disney World vacation? 10 days or so

12. What time of the year, have you not visited Disney World, but you would like to in the future? Fall

13. Name one thing that you have never done, but hope to be able to "squeeze in" on your next Disney World vacation? Tours

14. Of all the ways to "get around" at Disney World, name your favorite mode of transportation. Rental car

15. Is there one "secret, or hidden gem" that you have discovered that you would like to pass on to other Disney World visitors? Most people here probably know about the water pagent parade but a not so seasoned traveler may not!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Not including my time working there, over 20 times.

I personally enjoyed Coronado Springs the best of the ones I've stayed at.

I've always have wanted to stay at Boardwalk.

As of this last visit, it is now Animal Kingdom.

Miniature golf.

The prime rib at Cinderella's castle is great. As for snack food, I've always liked the popcorn.

Epcot.

That's a tough one. I'd have to say DHS with Tower of Terror, just because when I think of that park, that's what instantly comes to mind.

My favorite live show is Beauty and the Beast and my favorite night time show is Illuminations.

I'd have to say Cinderella's Castle. We usually eat in Japan as well.

10 days.

October.

The water coaster at Typhoon Lagoon.

Monorail.

It's not a secret or anything, but to anyone going for a first time would most likely miss the British Invasion, which is a shame. They are definitely worth taking the time to sit down and enjoy some great music.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast