Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodbye to Family Fun Day Parade and Woody's Cowboy Camp

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has posted this or not. After a quick glance, i couldn't find it so......

It has been confirmed that September 27th will be the last performances of both the Family Fun Day Parade (Main Street USA) and Woody's Cowboy Camp (Frontierland) at the Magic Kingdom.

They are being phased out as WDW begins to close out the 2 Years of 2 Million Dreams. Yes yes, I know it doesn't end until December 31st, but these entertainment offering need to end on September 27th in order to make way for future entertainment offerings, which aside from the normally plan holiday offerings, there are no specific plans for any replacement. Not that this is that big of a deal, as both were pretty low key events. And hopefully this will free up the Main Street Philharmonic to do more fun sets. They are really great when they can just roam the streets and interact with guests.

• Shubisha

Re: Goodbye to Family Fun Day Parade and Woody's Cowboy Camp

That's one way to say it. The other is that it's part of the cutbacks everybody's talkinga bout :P

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    That's one way to say it. The other is that it's part of the cutbacks everybody's talkinga bout :P

Totally agreed. Through I really do like Philharmonic roaming the streets so there is some silver outline to this otherwise another budget cut cloud.

• Shubisha

The only one that makes absolutely no sense to me is when I heard they were going to get rid of the grand marshall preparade. The preparade served no real entertainment purpose truthfully, its sole purpose was to advertise that they gave away a big prize to somebody. Are they going to stop giving away the Cinderella suite now that YOMD is finally(FINALLY) ending? Even if they are, is that really a reason to get rid of it? Disneyland started their grand marshall preparade routine long before the YOMD began and did it just as a fun surprise for some lucky family the mayor of main street would randomly pick out. Then it turned into the winner of the mickey mouse penthouse suite, and now it's the disneyland dream suite. Would that really be too much for WDW to keep?:P

And if it were up to me I'd keep cowboy camp and ditch the hoedown just because it's a better entertainment offering even though cowboy camp is kind've silly to begin with. Or at least bring something new in to replace the hoedown but they won't. From a casting perspective it makes sense since cowboy camp had its own cast and hoedown is just using cast members to fill in some time on their day shifts, but that doesn't make it the better choice for the guest perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    The only one that makes absolutely no sense to me is when I heard they were going to get rid of the grand marshall preparade. The preparade served no real entertainment purpose truthfully, its sole purpose was to advertise that they gave away a big prize to somebody. Are they going to stop giving away the Cinderella suite now that YOMD is finally(FINALLY) ending? Even if they are, is that really a reason to get rid of it? Disneyland started their grand marshall preparade routine long before the YOMD began and did it just as a fun surprise for some lucky family the mayor of main street would randomly pick out. Then it turned into the winner of the mickey mouse penthouse suite, and now it's the disneyland dream suite. Would that really be too much for WDW to keep?:P

And if it were up to me I'd keep cowboy camp and ditch the hoedown just because it's a better entertainment offering even though cowboy camp is kind've silly to begin with. Or at least bring something new in to replace the hoedown but they won't. From a casting perspective it makes sense since cowboy camp had its own cast and hoedown is just using cast members to fill in some time on their day shifts, but that doesn't make it the better choice for the guest perspective.

They just got a brand new, ADA accessible, and very large new "car" for Grand Marshall Pre-Parades at the MK, so your wish may be granted as i think I've heard they ARE going to keep it. Don't know if it will continue to be used for Castle Suite Stays, but I think it Grand Marshalls will be around for some time to come.

Have you heard about the parade route when the Liberty Square Bridge goes down for repair..... Craziness.

• She was sweet as a peach

I am going to miss both of those!
    We did the Family Fun parade about a year and a half ago. We got to march right behind Clarabelle.
    And we also had a lot of fun with Woody's Round-up (hoedown?).

They are taking a lot away and I haven't really heard much in the way of what they are offering as replacements (looks like nothing).

• Minion

ORGOCH: Got ta march rght behind Scarabelle, eh, jane2073, ducklin'? Hope ya had one a them pooper scoopers with ya, then. I sure wouldn't wanna' be caught walkin' behind no dang cows on Plain Street USA er any OTHER street, fer that matter!!

ORWEN: I think you took one bitter pill too many today, old biddy!! Stop being such a witch!!

Man, it seems like everything's closing Sep. 27th!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Sept 27th is around the the end of the fiscal year for a lot of companies.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Meh, as much as I hate Disney cutting back I can't say I'll miss either.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I never saw Woody's Cowboy Camp but thought the Family Fun Day parade was, well, stupid. SO I won't miss either, really.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Sure won't be missin' all them cow pies on Plain Street USA, neither!!

• She was sweet as a peach

No cowpies, Orgoch!! But I will say she had quite a walk!!! She shakes her hips better than I do!!

• If We Can Dream It...

I never really cared for either of these as they seem to clog up traffic every time I encounter them.
    - Horizonsfan

• Minion

ORWEN: I thought it was fun for the guests who participated. It was another way of making them feel as though they were a part of the show. Isn't that what Uncle Walt always wanted? Don't let a certain nasty old biddy with chronic constipation spoil the fun. I mean, just look how happy it made jane2073 to be able to march in it. Sometimes people forget to just enjoy Life. They'd rather rain on other people's parades because that's how they get their 'kicks'!!

ORGOCH: Yeah, well, I sure know what I'd like ta kick where YER concerned.

ORWEN: Do I have to start throwing my stack of dried cow pies your way, old biddy? I have one that's actually fresh just waiting for you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast