Planning 1st trip to WDW!

So the group of friends I went to DL with last winter (that TR can be found here: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...63#post2685763) have decided that the next trip will be WDW sometime in 09, around feb/march.

Now I know little about WDW, so I am looking for some help here! What are some sites that I can find some good deals on flights/hotels/etc...??

Is Feb/March a good time to go? When is the off-season in Orlando (or is there one?)

I gotta start doing some massive reading, but I do appreciate the help!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Planning 1st trip to WDW!

March is Spring Break time, so it would be very busy. February would be better. There really isn't an "off season" anymore.

• Defying gravity

I would say the closest thing to off season is the first two weeks in December or all of January.

• Queen of Randomness

I went last January...the weather is great and the crowds are what I hear the lowest of the year. So between February and March, I would go with February. We didn't use websites really but I did buy some books. Books were nice because we brought them with us and it was easy to flip through for the information.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I went this past January and it was PACKED! My mom got constantly rammed in the back of her legs with strollers. She was not a happy camper. Even EPCOT was very busy, and that's a HUGE park.

• Disney Dreams

First off, welcome to WDW! You'll love it. I visited DL for the first time last summer, and I have to say, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! The last time I was in WDW was January, and I must say, it was pretty packed! The weather was cold for Florida, but people were still out and about. I have been in February and it's not as bad - I'd say that you're better off trying to go in Feb. than in March. March is Spring Break for lots of kids, therefore it's packed. I went to WDW for Spring Break and literally when we were getting into the Magic Kingdom, they were telling us that we'd been lucky because they were not letting most people after us come in due to full capacity in the park. I don't want to scare you - that doesn't happen every time in Spring Break, but it HAS happened. February is much better crowds-wise - but if you want nice warm weather, I'd wait it out till March. I guess it depends if you want to beat the heat or beat the crowds. =) As for hotels, I unfortunately don't have any help for websites, except to tell you that staying at a Disney hotel makes it worthwhile! =D I especially love the monorail resorts, but they can get pricey. The All-Star resorts are also great, and a pretty good value, so anything you find is amazing =D I hope you have a fantastically wonderful trip. I love helping newcomers - I know that the Disneyland board was amazingly helpful to me when it was MY first trip - I only hope I can be half as helpful.

As for some fun tips......

*Enjoy everything. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I tried to soak up every moment, and take pictures of everything when I was in DL, and it really helps you preserve the memories. Just look around you. Don't rush around from ride to ride. Take time to look at the scenery - you'll be surprised at the detail you can find! =D
    *You'll be surprised to see the size difference between the castles. I know I did! =D

Lots of fun things to do! Have fun! =D