Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Shameless plug indeed... but Clinks... YOU MISSED THE POINT. And the point is... the type of quality the guests are getting at WDW does not match the price they are charging. I think you made your point that WDW is cheaper somehow.. and even at those rates.. the WDW parks are still OVERPRICED! As for hotels... "economy" rooms at economy prices...yet these folks get all the perks that even the most discriminating guests are paying at the Grand FL.. so to me, that makes any hotel above the moderates OVERPRICED.

    In regards to the APers... yes, we get discounts on the admission and get some puny discounts here and there... but I think we APers spend a lot of money on property over a year's period over what the once a year casual visitor will spend for a week. So that alone vindicates me as a WDW guest and gives me some clout to comment on this when being put down for being an APer. Like I said before.. I pay close to $700 for my TDR premium AP, and will pay it gladly because I get the very best disney park experience there is, and in the process.. there are NO perks, NO discounts, and NOT even a garranty that I will be allowed into TDL or TDS if the parks reach max capacity. I am entitled to NOTHING except TDR admission.

    Of course... that^^ is only my opinion and you are entitled to use numbers and such to disclaim my point of view. But for me... overall satisfaction with the quality of the parks as a whole is what matters and when I grade everything DL has to offer versus the MK... you better believe I will choose CA over FL.

    I think Kevin Yee makes a very good case in his newest report...
    http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky072908a.htm
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-29-2008 at 06:55 PM.

  2. #17

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    I didn't see mention that Fantasmic was being cut to 2 nights per week. That is one less thing to do inside MGM, and I saw elsewhere that Spectro is scheduled to be shown those 2 nights as well (I think starting in Jan)
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  3. #18

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

    The AP discounts on Disneyland hotels are a joke. With only 3 hotels, when they do have good AP rates, they are gone instantly.
    This is true, but most AP live within an 1-2 drive of Disneyland so most of us don't stay at the park.

  4. #19

    • She was sweet as a peach
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in a pineapple way
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!


  5. #20

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Thanks Jane! I was in CA for 2 weeks, and didn't follow the WDW threads too much. The news about Fantasmic was told to me a day or two ago.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  6. #21

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,685

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    This is true, but most AP live within an 1-2 drive of Disneyland so most of us don't stay at the park.
    I would if I could.

    We usually do stay down in the area when we go to the parks, very rarely will we just go "For the day". But we tend to just priceline because it's what we are willing to pay.

    But I'd at least like to stay on Disney property once in awhile without breaking the bank.


  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    311

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Actually no, it is not. The reason why they based their business model on budgets while not being able to deliver is because WDW is too big to keep up in top shape, and because the top managers are going home with major pay bonuses that will cut into the product we guests receive. When you are basically giving away 4+ day passports for peanuts a day after the 4th day... you are not paying the necesary amount, and when you are paying less than $175 a night at hotels on WDW property... no, it's not enough either to give you the quality you expect from Disney. Keep in mind... my premium AP to TDR costs me $700 per year to renew and I get nothing special for it... no discounts on hotels, merchandise.. etc. But the amount of stuff there is to do in those two parks, plus the amount of special events they put on throughout the year, fill my calendar with activities that even at WDW's parks, it would take them 5 years to match.
    Sorry, I overreacted and didn't think things through.

  8. #23

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    They could raise the prices of other things, like Deluxe room rates, and leave the park admission prices alone, but I guess they just don't wanna...
    Not sure that alone would work... The room rates are probably going to go up like they do every year but it's usually across the board % increase there. Room occupancy is down 5.4% according to Bloomberg.com that coupled with airlines cutting flights into Orlando means less bodies through the turnstiles and less revenue at the gate/hotels they have to make up for it somehow. (of course that also means less crowds, shorter lines and more fun in the parks for the rest of us! ) And while you can always stay offsite you have to buy a ticket to enter the park so raising the park admission makes the most sense. Sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    When you put it that way, it does make sense.
    I think I will right an email of complaint.
    Don't email, send a letter, Disney has a policy that they must respond to written correspondence via the mail, to my knowledge there are no such rules regarding email.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    I think Disney has been raising prices of shorter tickets lately, and keeping the longer tickets about the same price, so it shouldn't be a problem for most people on here. Disney, Seaworld, and Universal keep raising the price of 1 day tickets, when 1 raises, the other two do too, Disney and Universal are currently both $71 for 1 day.

  10. #25

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: So they are getting rid of shows/parades and raising prices??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Actually no, it is not. The reason why they based their business model on budgets while not being able to deliver is because WDW is too big to keep up in top shape, and because the top managers are going home with major pay bonuses that will cut into the product we guests receive. When you are basically giving away 4+ day passports for peanuts a day after the 4th day... you are not paying the necesary amount, and when you are paying less than $175 a night at hotels on WDW property... no, it's not enough either to give you the quality you expect from Disney.
    I have to wonder...is it a lack of money that keeps the quality of WDW sub par or is it a lack of pride in the resort on the part of management? WDW and DLR ticket prices are not that differerent, and look at the constant refurbishments and new attractions opening at DLR. If WDW did charge significantly more and stop "giving away" the last few days of your stay (which I agree they do), would this mean the increased revenue would go directly into the parks? - I think not. IMO, the mentality of management must change to see improvements in the parks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Audience Participation in Parades and Shows. Yay or Nay.
    By IndianaJane in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
  2. Not a fan of the parades or shows
    By Indiana Joe in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
  3. WDW isn't the only ones raising ticket prices...
    By Burnt Toast in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 06:25 PM
  4. Christmas Shows/Parades and their Soundtracks
    By wishesfan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
  5. Some questions about past parades/ shows
    By DisneyMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 10:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •